Thanks for checking out my profile. I am a 55-year-old divorced female and I've been a writer on HubPages since October 2008. I am a native Texan residing in the Central Texas area where I grew up.
Have you ever thought about writing about all the things you enjoy and sharing with others? It's a win-win situation when you can write about the things that interest you for free and get paid to do it! Many of us here make a nice supplemental income and some of us even write full-time! Join HubPages now!
I write about a variety of topics and with a couple hundred published hubs, you are sure to find something of interest. If not, tell me! Give me something new to write about.
Some of the my favorite and most popular topics include:
· Texas-I have a lot of pride in my great state and enjoy sharing some of the best things Texas has to offer. Check out the Top 10 Weird Places to Visit in Texas, where to see the Best Christmas Lights in Texas, some of the best Haunted Hotels in San Antonio, and find out about the tragic lives of the wrestling Von Erich family.
· Grief-having lost a son in 2003 just before his 13th birthday, I have traveled that troubled road and know what it’s like to pick your life back up when everything inside you is crippled with pain and grief. I know those first holidays and milestones are the most difficult. Read my tribute to my son, "Split Second", and how I've dealt with the grief in "Losing Someone You Love" and read "How Do You Overcome Losing a Child" where many parents like myself have to come to share their grief of losing a child.
· Google Earth-I love Google Earth. It’s a free online download and if you haven’t played around with it, you’re missing out. I have a whole series of hubs that show you some of the best stuff found on Google Earth. This series includes lists of places you'll want to check out and some great videos found on YouTube.
· Birthday Planning-The parties I have hosted are legendary in the little town where I raised my kids. I have shared some of my best party planning ideas in a series of hubs. I have several hubs dedicated to birthday cake ideas for boys and girls complete with YouTube Videos. I also have detailed plans for scavenger hunts and party themes for teenagers.
· Reminiscing-Growing up the late 60s, I have several hubs that are sure to jolt a few fond memories if you’re a Baby Boomer. I also have some great hubs about the hits of 1975 and 1976. Grab your disco shoes and get ready to boogie down. Speaking of shoes, my Victorian boots hub came from a childhood memory.
· Fall Activities-Two of my most popular seasonal hubs are about Corn Mazes and Halloween Costume Ideas to Wear to Work. I have quite a few fall-related hubs if you're looking for things to do in Texas in the fall or even fall birthday party ideas.
· Christmas-From great food ideas, to how to decorate a Christmas tree, to how to build a snowman, to my top 20+ Christmas songs, to where to find the best Christmas lights in Texas, What about a Christmas Scavenger Hunt? I have over 25 Christmas-related hubs I’m sure you’ll find something to enjoy.