Ancient Alien Costumes
Aliens are a source of fascination for us. Are they visiting the earth now? Did they visit our planet in the past?
Speculation about aliens and the possibility that aliens visited in the past has made shows like Ancient Aliens and movies like Cowboys and Aliens and Stargate popular.
If you want to dress as an ancient alien, you have come to the right place.
There are ideas for ancient alien costumes with plenty of suggestions for ancient Egyptian aliens. There are also ideas for a Giorgio Tsoukalos (Ancient Aliens on History Channel) costume, Stargate costumes, and even traditional alien costumes.
Follow these tips and ideas and your alien costume will definitely be out of this world!
Giorgio Tsoukalos Costume
Giorgio Tsoukalos, an alien expert, from the History Channel show Ancient Aliens has become a fan favorite. Part of his widespread appeal is due to his wild hair and the hilarious faces he makes when being interviewed for the show.
There is a popular meme of Tsoukalos circulating the internet. "I'm not saying it was aliens, but..." is a jest at his ideas that aliens are responsible for every human advance.
Here are some ideas to create a Giorgio Tsoukalos costume:
- Hair is the key to this costume. Just about anyone can identify the "alien guy" by his crazy hairdo. He has his hair slicked back, but most importantly, straight up. Check out his picture above for a better look. To recreate the do, you will need hairspray or styling gel. Use a blow dryer if needed to get your hair to poof up. If you don't have the type of hair that will do that easily, you may consider getting a wig and styling its hair up in the alien expert's fashion.
- Clothes are a bit easier. He most often wears a suit and tie during the show. So you can sport that look for your costume. If a suit will be too hot or not a good option, Tsoukalos also wears outdoor wear like an archaeologist would wear. Think sportsman shirts, khaki pants, etc.
- Making a sign to hold or to pin to yourself is an extra touch to ensure people recognize your costume. You can include the History Channel logo, his name, and even his most recognized quote.
Do You Want to Believe?
Do you think aliens visted Earth in the past?
My Ancient Egyptian Alien CostumeClick thumbnail to view full-size
Ancient Egyptian Alien
Wear a costume of the ancient aliens who might have visited Egypt. Think steampunk, but Egyptian style rather than Victorian.
This costume also fits in really well as a Stargate costume.
Here are some costume ideas:
- The base of the costume should be Egyptian clothing. Look for a Cleopatra costume or a pharaoh costume. Egyptian costumes are also very easy to make. A simple toga would even work.
- The details you add will give the alien effect you need. You can add technology that ancient peoples wouldn't have had. EL wire and LEDs are great for this. So are glow sticks. Think "blue energy" or "green energy" or whatever other type of alien technology you want to incorporate. You could even create mechanical wings or a staff with lasers or even an alien weapon. Use robotic bugs for alien pets.
- To seem more like an alien, you can dress as Horus or Anubis or one of the other Egyptian gods and goddesses. Just wear an animal head mask or even an alien face mask. You can use body paint (even glow in the dark body paint) to seem like a strange alien creature visiting the earth during ancient Egyptian times.
Egyptian Makeup Tutorial
Aliens from Other Ancient Cultures
You could also make an alien costume from any other ancient culture.
- Native American costumes with alien technology will work. Think Cowboys and Aliens. You could even dress as a Native American god shaped like a humanoid animal. Tribal paint could actually represent alien skin that is different colors than human skin.
- Thor from The Avengers is another example of an ancient alien. Dress as a Norse god.
- Greek and Roman costumes are another possibility. Medusa, minotaurs, and other creatures may have actually been aliens.
- The cartoon Atlantis doesn't exactly involve aliens, but it does involve ancient technology that was superior to our own. So a costume based on that movie will also work.
Dress as a regular alien that most people picture: the gray type of alien and the aliens with big eyes. You will be more identifiable.
Here are some basic alien costume ideas:
- Wear an alien face mask and even gloves. Antennae also look good for alien costumes. Body paint is a nice detail to add.
- Dress in a spacesuit. Long robes are also good for this type of costume.
- Carry laser guns, transporter devices, and other alien technology.
Stargate is the best example of the ancient astronaut theory in fiction form. Most people have seen the movie Stargate or know the basic premise of the shows.
For a Stargate costume, try one of these tips:
- Dress all in black or with military-style clothing for costumes of the people from Earth. Camo or black pants and black shirt are a good start.
- Military style vests and belts are also great touches. Weapons and devices are good to carry.
- The Egyptian style alien costumes will work if you want to dress as a Stargate alien.
What Costume Idea Are You Interested in?
© 2013 Candace Bacon