Costume Ideas for Groups of Three or More
Are you going to a Halloween or themed party in a group of three or more? It's possible you're arguing over what group of characters you should dress up as. It's not easy to find something that three people agree on. Things you may want to take into consideration are common interests, the age group of your friends, and your budget. Check out this awesome list of three-person or more Halloween costumes!
Costumes for Three Girls
If you're the crafty type then you'll no doubt be able to come up with a homemade version of these costumes instead of purchasing a pre-made version at your local costume store or online.
- Harry Potter: Hermione, Moaning Mrytle, Bellatrix Lestrange
- Powerpuff Girls
- Hocus Pocus: Witches
- Pirates: Anne Bonny, Mary Read, Jacquotte Delahaye
- Cinderella and Ugly Sisters
- Moshi Monsters
- Toy Story: Jessie, Bo Peep, Barbie
- Narnia: White Witch, Aravis
- Superheroes: Catwoman, Batgirl, Wonder Woman
- Grease: The Pink Ladies
- Alice in Wonderland: Alice, Queen of Hearts, Playing Card
- Game of Thrones: Daenerys Targaryen, Queen Cersei, Brienne of Tarth
- Bug costumes: bee, ladybird, butterfly
- Notable Women: Annie Oakley, Bessie Coleman, Emma Goldman
- Barbie dolls
- Austin Powers Fembots
- Loofah sponges
If you're a group of girls with quite different personalities, then dressing up as Greek goddesses will give you all the flexibility to choose a character that best suits you.
- If you can't wait to get into a seductive, revealing costume then dress up as Aphrodite.
- If you're looking for a costume that's fierce then why not dress up as Athena, the goddess of war?
- Do you prefer the gothic look? Then Persephone, queen of the Underworld would be the ideal costume choice for you.
What kind of Halloween costumes are you and your group looking for?
If you're looking for a simple group costume that requires no sewing whatsoever, why not dress up as the Powerpuff Girls (see picture). It's a really easy costume idea for three girls...or guys! And the great thing about it is that you can use the dresses and belts for everyday wear when Halloween is over. All you'll need is:
- Three identical short dresses—one blue, one pink and one green
- black belts
- white tights or knee-high socks
- black shoes
- a pink bow—to wear with the pink dress
- Two hair ties—wear hair in pigtails with the blue dress
Follow this awesome step-by-step Powerpuff Girls makeup tutorial in the video below. It takes less than 5 minutes and will give the perfect finishing touch to your outfits.
Costumes for Three Guys
Halloween is finally your chance to dress up as a female character! If one or more of you are prepared to dress up in a female role, it'll give you a lot more Halloween costume options!
A lot of these costumes can be bought on platforms like Amazon, eBay, and other online stores, so shop around to make sure you get the best costume at the best price. Here are some themed Halloween costume ideas for three guys.
- Cinderella and ugly sisters
- Disney Princesses: Snow White, Jasmine, Aerial
- Pac-Man shapes
- Super Mario Bros: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi
- Mythical creatures: Unicorn, Centaur, Dragon
- Notorious pirates: Blackbeard, Captain Kidd, Calico Jack
- Greek Gods: Hades, Zeus, Poseidon
- Roman Emperors: Caesar, Nero, Caligula
- Superheroes: Batman, Superman, Spiderman
- Three Musketeers
- Lion King: Timon, Pumbaa, Simba
- Loony Toons: Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, Taz
- Power Rangers
- Peter Pan: Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee
- Rugrats: Chuckie, Tommy, Dill
Group Costumes for More Than Three People
If you're a mixed group of guys and girls, you'll be looking for themes that are unisex or have both male and female characters in them. Here are some awesome three-person themed costume ideas that you might fancy trying out.
- Speak No Evil, See No Evil, Hear No Evil Monkeys
- Adams Family: Morticia, Wednesday, Uncle Fester
- Little Red Riding Hood: grandmother, wolf, little red riding hood
- Starbucks cups: Venti, grande, and tall
- Three Stooges
- Star Wars: Princess Leia, Darth Vader, Imperial Guard
- Angry Birds: Red, Chuck, Terence
- Three Blind Mice
- Three Little Pigs
- Monsters., Inc: Boo, Roz, Celia Mae
- In The Night Garden: Upsy Daisy, Makka Pakka, Iggle Piggle,
What about these great costume ideas for groups of 4 or more?
- Fruit and Veggies: peapod, carrot, apple, watermelon
- Bugsy Malone: Bugsy, Tallulah, Fat Sam, Blousey
- Bo Peep and her sheep
- Tetris Blocks
- Troll dolls
- League of Doom
- Star Trek
- Anime characters
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Teletubbies: Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La la, Po
- Disney: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy
- Nursery Rhyme: Little Bo Peep, Little Boy Blue, Humpty Dumpty, Wee Willie Winkie
- Scooby-Doo: Fred, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne
- Winnie the Pooh: Pooh, Tigger, Christopher Robin, Roo
What Are Your Group Costume Ideas?
Have you found this list of group costume ideas useful? Do do you have other group costume ideas not mentioned here? Share your ideas and past experiences in the comments below!