System & network engineer in Italy, focused on Linux and networking.
Get Your Nerd Herd On With This Easy-to-Assemble Costume
Have a costume party coming up? Is Halloween around the corner? Or do you just feel as though you belong in a Nerd Herd shirt and tie? Find out here how you can get a Nerd Herd costume and become a secret spy already.
Here are the basics of a NH uniform and how to create the trademark badge.
Do You Have What It Takes to Be Part of the Nerd Herd?
Men and women armed with pocket protectors and polyester pants that don't quite fit: the practical, unassuming uniform implies a full commitment to the customer. Being a part of the Nerd Herd means giving reliable technical support in a friendly way.
Here are the basics for a nerd costume. Most articles are regular items of clothing you may already own or could locate at a variety of stores. You will have to make the badge yourself; instructions are below.
Male Nerd Herd Costume
- White short-sleeved button-down shirt—can be tucked or untucked
- Skinny gray tie
- Black pants
- Pocket protector with multiple pens
- Optional (for Chuck Bartowski): black digital watch
- Optional (for Lester Patel): grey vest and black watch with a very thick band
- Optional (for Jeff Barnes): Casio watch and keyring to hang from your belt loop
Female Nerd Herd Costume
- White short-sleeved button-down shirt—tuck into skirt
- Skinny gray tie
- Black pants
- Black heels
- Optional (for Greta): tuck tie into skirt
- Optional (for Anna Wu): blue extensions, pigtails, hoop earrings, patterned tights, lanyard, assorted bracelets
How to Make Your Own Nerd Herd Badge
Using a photo editor (if you don't have one installed on your computer, pixlr.com will work perfectly), add your own photograph and name to the badge above. Clip it to your shirt pocket or skirt or wear it on a lanyard.
Nerd Herd Stuff on eBay
What if you don't already own all of the clothing necessary for a Nerd Herd uniform? Or what if you don't have the time to make your own badge? Clothing can be easily ordered online, and eBay is a great place to find costume pieces (like badges) created by fans.
Read More From Holidappy
Best of luck with your costume!
Video: Nerd Herd Costumer Service
Get in Character: Famous Morgan Grimes Quotes
- "That's my dream come true: Ellie is exactly like Chuck but with lady parts."
- "I thought we agreed my code name was gonna be Samwise?"
- "You're going to fire me, aren't you? My God, this is even worse than when I got canned from Underpants Etc."
- "Gentlemen, I think I speak for all of us when I say that the only reason I took this job at the Buy More was to do as little work as humanly possible."
If you feel nerdy today, say Hi!
JoyfulReviewer on October 16, 2011:
Thanks for the fun costume lens!
plrsource on September 27, 2011:
cr00059n on August 09, 2011:
These are cool wardrobe collections. Kewl
scar4 on December 17, 2010:
I haven't watched the movie you just mentioned, but I'd love to!
anonymous on November 07, 2010:
Hi, but i'm really a nerd (maybe just a little)