The Best Halloween Costumes for Sisters
Turn Halloween From "Ah!" to "Aw!"
When I was trying to decide which costumes to choose for my two girls on their first Halloween together, I found a ton of adorable ideas out there. It was hard to pick just one, so I've listed them all here!
Many of these ideas, especially those with animal costumes, would also work for girls with younger brothers. Because of this, I also suggest dressing up any animal costumes with pink hair bows or jewelry of some kind, since it does get a little old to have people look at your daughter and say "Oh, isn't he cute!" all Halloween long. Trust me, I know.
These costume ideas work well for sisters that are twins, close in age, or really big and really little sister pairs. There are quite a few that work for three or more sisters as well. Try these ideas yourself with your sister, best friend, or cousin!
Brave's Merida and Baby Bear Sister
With the older sister dressed as the spunky Merida, the younger sister or sisters will look adorable in a bear suit! Great for multiple younger siblings, and the adults can dress as the Scottish king and queen. Don't forget about the big mama bear!
Monkey and Banana Sister Costumes
An adorable monkey with her favorite fruit will bring many smiles! Remember to tell the sister who dresses as the monkey: No biting!
This costume works great for a big sister with multiple younger siblings. The little ones can go as a bunch of bananas! Even baby can get in on the act, dressed in a banana bunting suit.
Snow White and Sister Costume
If your older girl wants to dress up as Snow White, you could always dress up one of your little girls like one of the dwarfs, but I think it would be cuter to dress the little one as one of her adorable baby forest friends!
Also a great idea for multiple younger siblings: try squirrels, raccoon, and deer!
What About Halloween Costumes for Big Girls With Little Twin Sisters?
- The costume with Merida from Brave works well with more than one bear sibling!
- You can adjust the monkey and banana costume so that the twins can both dress as bananas.
- Dress your young twins up as forest animals while the big sister is Snow White!
Alice and the White Rabbit
This beloved tale offers fantastic costume options.
- An older girl can dress as Alice while her little sister dresses up in a white rabbit costume.
- The older girl is Alice and the younger sister is the Cheshire Cat.
- Twin sisters can dress as Alice and the Queen of Hearts.
Cookie Monster and Elmo
You may think only boys can dress as Elmo and Cookie, but girls can enjoy dressing as their favorite friendly monsters too! If your girls like frilly dresses, try these super girly-girl monster costumes. Otherwise, they can wear the same furry red and blue suits that the boys wear!
Butterfly and Caterpillar Sister Costumes
A great costume idea for a big girl and baby sister, the butterfly and caterpillar are lots of fun for big sister, who can choose which type of butterfly she wants to be. Monarchs, of course, are right in season with their orange and black coloring.
Daphne and Velma Sister Costumes
This pair of teen detectives from Scooby Doo have unmistakable looks that make for great sister costumes. Other siblings or friends can make up the rest of the gang by dressing up as Scooby, Shaggy, or Fred.
More Costumes for Older Kid Sisters
- Tiana and Frog from The Princess and the Frog
- Ariel and Melody from The Little Mermaid
- Odette and a swan from Swan Lake
- Angel and devil
Costumes for Adult Sisters
- Taco sauce packets (One spicy and one mild!)
- iPods (Simple, with a round white wheel on the tummy)
- Marge Simpson's sisters Patty and Selma
- Toothbrush and toothpaste