Welcome to Holidappy! We are a community of crafters, celebrators, and loved ones who come together to share experience and knowledge about celebrating holidays, special days, and festivals all over the world. From planning a wedding to celebrating Halloween, from finding that perfect country-inspired Christmas playlist to finding the perfect gift for that special human, from lists of holiday recipes to DIY decorations, Holidappy has you covered.
To write for Holidappy, authors must comply with HubPages’ editorial policy, which can be found on our HubPages’s Editorial Policy Page. In addition to these requirements, we have listed below some recommendations, reminders, and tips on how to craft high-quality articles for this particular site.
What We Like to See:
- Specificity and Details: Your personal experience is what’s going to set you apart from other writers. We encourage you to include information like what drew you to a particular recipe, what you would do a bit differently if you made the craft again, what was something missing in your wedding that you would have loved to have, or perhaps there’s a silly but crucial mistake you made when cooking that cake that you want to tell others to avoid. Information like this not only sets you apart from other writers, it also increases your author trustworthiness and helps others.
- Write From Experience: The best articles tend to be written from the informed perspective of someone who has actually made the craft, put together the recipe, or participated in the event. We want our authors to be writing from a place of knowledge, and we prefer that it be apparent to readers that they can trust the information and recommendations that you share.
- Original and Beautiful Photos: It’s wonderful when articles contain high-quality images, preferably taken by the author. If not taken by the author, it helps if photos are at least accurately sourced and of high quality. When you post pictures of your in-progress craft, recipe, or celebration, you’re bringing your reader into your world and sharing your expertise with them. Not to mention, step-by-step photographic instructions tend to greatly improve the reader's experience.
- Numbered Lists: If an article lists a number in the title (i.e.: “Top 10 Best Halloween Cupcake Recipes”), it is much more readable if the items on the list are numbered throughout the text. Because this improves readability, it increases the likelihood that readers will finish reading the article in its entirety.
What to Avoid:
- Uninformed Promotion: Products should only be included if you have personal experience with that particular product. Authors shouldn’t recommend something to readers that they haven’t tried, as this can reduce the reader’s trust in the author.
- Blurry Photos: Photos are a crucial aspect of any good craft tutorial, recipe, list of recipe ideas, or celebration. As such, it’s important that photos be high-quality, meaning they shouldn’t be blurry, fuzzy, or distorted.
Here are some examples of articles on Holidappy that we would like to showcase. These articles exhibit the type of high-quality work we wish to see on the site:
A quick note: All of the HubPages network sites are a blending of professional editing and writers like you.
If you are intrigued by our community and would like to write for Holidappy, we’d love to have you! In order to set up an account to begin writing, please sign up on HubPages. Articles are initially written on our parent platform and then, if they are high enough quality, moved to one of our network sites like Holidappy.