Linda likes to come up with creative gift-giving guides and ideas.
To Drink or Not to Drink?
Do you have a booze-lover in your life for whom you're struggling to find a gift? Here are some gift ideas that are perfect for:
- Fellow drinkers at the pub who somehow could still walk after their daily booze consumption.
- The awesome bartenders who witness your drunk activity while sober, but y'all make them want to drink to forget what they witnessed.
- The moms who need wine to get through their day or unwind at night so they could prepare to do it all again the next day.
- Aunt Ethel, who thinks no one knows where she stashes her vodka.
- Uncle Marvin, who drinks to avoid Aunt Ethel's nagging.
- Your ex, whose liver isn't completely fried yet, but the right gift might finish it off.
- The drunk neighbor who yells "BOTTOMS UP" so often that you have contemplated doing shots each time to compete with him.
- The friend who only drinks on weekends, so they say.
- The owner of the local liquor store who assists in supplying the much-needed therapy that drinkers require.
Gift List for Drinkers
1. Beer Pong: The longer the game lasts the drunker the players get and the competition gets fierce. Beer pong is a great game to play while tailgating or celebrating a birthday.
2. Beer Stein: There are so many unique steins to select from. Glass, brass, and ceramic are some options. Prices range from cheap to expensive, but with proper care, a beer stein could be a gift that keeps on giving, depending on how much use it gets.
3. Battery Operated Wine Opener: Reasonably priced for the frugal gift-givers. Simple to use just in case you are a bit tipsy when trying to operate it.
4. Shot Glass Roulette: This is an entertaining game for a friend who likes to drink and gamble. A bit of spirit along with a game of roulette. You can't go wrong with this gift!
5. Bar Signs: Vintage or modern. LED or not lit. Glass, wood, or metal. Over the bar, over the bed, or in a man cave. Bar signs come in many decorative or rustic designs and the recipient will enjoy toasting you each time they see their gift. Whether they are seeing double or not.
6. Whiskey Stones: For the novice, these are cubes of solid soapstone that will chill your liquor without diluting it. Unlike ice, whiskey stones are non-porous, odorless, and tasteless. So, adding these stones to your favorite bourbon will chill the spirit without affecting its taste. Genius gift idea!
7. Decanters: Express your sophistication by giving a decanter as a gift. Whether the gift recipient drinks wine or spirits, there are decanters of different shapes, sizes, and styles.
8. Stainless Steel Bottle Opener: This handy tool is awesome for a bartender! It comes in an assortment of colors and designs that express their personality. I recently purchased one from Etsy for my favorite bartender's birthday and she was very pleased.
9. Wine Cooler: Go big or go home with this gift! A wine cooler could be very expensive but it is a great idea for the wine connoisseur in your life.
10. Graphic T-Shirts: There is a wide assortment of clothing apparel to choose from. Most slogans are incredibly hilarious! Some are simply advertisements for the drinker's beverage of choice. Either way one could never go wrong with giving a graphic shirt as a gift - unless you give the wrong size.
Read More From Holidappy
11. Music: I highly suggest Midland's song Drinkin' Problem as a gift. Oh heck, I suggest buying the entire album as a gift to yourself and the recipient.
12. Wine Stoppers: That's if they don't always finish the bottle.
13. Wine Glasses: Have their names or initials etched on for added flair.
14. Insulated cups to keep their drinks cold. Coozies work great for beer cans!
15. A nameplate: How about a removable nameplate for their bar stool? Each time they go use the restroom they could place their nameplate on it to save their spot. Y'all know that once that seal is broken, there ain't no stopping the flow. Be creative and make the nameplate if you can't find one to purchase.
16. Bathtub Wine Holders: Yes, these exist and I think they are a great way to unwind while enjoying a glass of vino.
17. Beer Candles: As we know stale beer has a terrible aroma, what better way to rid the nasty smell than with a scented or unscented candle? Some candles are just shaped to resemble a beer and some are actually scented with beer.
18. Cocktail Bar Tool Set: There is an assortment of cocktail tools that any bartender would find useful. Whether behind the bar at a pub or your home.
19. Champagne and Chocolate Gift Box: Yes! This exists! The best of both worlds in one box... chocolate and champagne. Available on Amazon.
20. Floating Drink Guard: An inflatable toy to be used in the pool, spa or bathtub.
21. Monogrammed Cocktail Napkins: There are a wide variety of napkins to select from on Amazon, Etsy, and eBay! Go forth and purchase this gift.
22. Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker Spoon: In the words of James Bond, "...Shaken, not stirred."
23. A case of their favorite beer! Y'all could pop the tops and party the night away. Or drown your sorrows. The choice is yours. And theirs.
24. Matching Shot Glasses: With a promise that those glasses are only to be used when you both hang out. Now that is a solid friendship
25. Hangover Tea (a.k.a. Ginger Tea): Hangovers sometimes come with a side effect of an upset stomach, so sipping a warm mug of ginger tea should settle things down. Ginger has been shown to help combat nausea. So I suggest y'all stock up on ginger tea and help spread the word.
Agema Gabriel from Karu on November 04, 2017:
This is nice...since I don't drink, guess I would use this to harass my cousins who drink
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on October 27, 2017:
A great sense of humor you have for drunks. I like the way you addressed the ideas for alcohol. Informative and useful
Linda Bilyeu (author) from Orlando, FL on October 26, 2017:
Hello my Effer! I've missed you too! I will be back again soon! XO
Suzie from Carson City on October 26, 2017:
LOL!...She's Ba........ack! Hey there, our very own 'Queen of Lists," I see you're here to prove, once you've got it, you've GOT it! Well, I'm here to say, "Hallelujah!" Your famous lists were a part of my daily diet, in my early days here and am I ever glad to see this one!
As always, hilariously funny, GF....yet always make a whole lot of sense. Only you can pull this off!
Everyone has missed your daily presence, especially EFFER!
Happy to know that you're well, happy and active enough to tire me out, just reading about it.
I know just the precise individuals who are perfect for some of these gifts you've suggested....HA! I guess we all do! Love & Hugs SFAM..........Effer
Linda Bilyeu (author) from Orlando, FL on October 26, 2017:
FlourishAnyway from USA on October 25, 2017:
This was funny. I don’t drink but I loved your humor!
Rebecca Mealey from Northeastern Georgia, USA on October 25, 2017:
I love those decanters, and the mustache wine cork is really cute!
Thelma Alberts from Germany on October 25, 2017:
LOL! Funny list. These are indeed good gift ideas for drinkers. Whiskey stones and bathtub wine holders are already on my Christmas shopping list. Just noted now;-) Thanks for sharing.
Susan Zutautas from Ontario, Canada on October 25, 2017:
LOL! I can sure use this list this upcoming Christmas season. Have a few drinkers (drunkards) on my list. When my boys can't think of something to get me they buy me a gift card for the beer store or liquor store. Always comes in handy.
Very entertaining hub!