Gift Basket Ideas
There's Always One
There's always that one person on your gift list who already has it all—or so it seems. How do you find a unique, one-of-a-kind present for that impossible-to-shop-for person?
Instead of trying to come up with that one unique gift, why not a collection of items that, on their own, may seem ho-hum, but make a thoughtful, tailor-made, I-was-thinking-of-you package when put together.
How To Begin
Think about that person's hobbies and interests. Perhaps they've experienced a recent move, acquired a new pet, or have reached a milestone like going off to college.
Once you have decided on the theme, you can also get creative with the type of container you use. Gift baskets don't always have to be "baskets" and they don't have to be new. Thrift stores, garage sales, and dollar stores are great places to look for an inexpensive but fun, thoughtful containers.
Listed below are a few suggested gift collections to inspire you. The words in bold type are a complimentary container you could use to put it all together.
Gift Basket Suggestions in this Article
- For the Romantic
- For the Gardener
- The Crafty Friend
- The Ice Cream Lover
- First Kitchen
- The Baker
- Gourmet Cook
- College Survival Kit
- Spa-Like Retreat
- You Have a New Puppy?
- ...and One for Me
For the Gardener
- Vintage watering can - hand tools, heirloom flower and vegetable seed packets
- Flower pot - brightly-colored gardening gloves, bandana, hand lotion, kneeling pad
The Crafty Friend
- Reusable tote bag - Assortment of knitting needles, knitting needle tips, stitch counter, bobbins
- Sewing box - Pincushion, needle threader, thimble, chatelaine, stork embroidery scissors
Ice Cream Lover
- Colorful basket or non-breakable bowl - Cones, sprinkles, marshmallow cream, jarred sauces, maraschino cherries, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, ice cream scoop
In The Kitchen
- Casserole dish - dish towels, whisk, spatula, measuring cups and spoons, oven mitt
- Bundt pan or cookie jar - rubber scrapers (you can never have too many), bench scraper, spatula, wire whisk, silicone mat, cupcake liners, timer, Russian piping tip set
The Gourmet Cook
- Kitchen tool crock or wire basket - Mortar and pestle, pepper mill, microplane, ove glove, silicone basting brush
College Survival Kit
- Tote bag or lunch box - Pencils and pens, notepads, microwave popcorn, ramen, instant coffee, instant cocoa, prepaid VISA card
- Tupperware container - one dozen homemade cookies, homemade cocoa mix, marshmallows
- Reusable gift bag - Nail polish, emery boards, toe (painting) separators, sleep mask, soft towels, bubble bath or salts, lotion, cozy slippers, chocolates, aromatherapy candles
You Have a New Puppy!
- Doggie treat canister - Tennis balls, chew toys, colorful collar, food and water dishes
And, this is all I want for Christmas.
Crazy Cat Lady Starter Kit
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Linda Lum