12 Gifts for People Who Love to Travel
These gifts for people who love to travel are practical and affordable, and some are even sweet and sentimental. No matter where your loved one is going or how long they'll be away, you're sure to find a suitable gift for the vacation-lover in your life. (You might even find something special that you can use yourself on your next get-away! After all, you love traveling too, don't you?)
12 Gifts for Travellers
- Solar charger for gizmos and gadgets. For the traveller on your gift list who loves spending time just sitting on a beach relaxing and reading, a solar-powered phone charger is perfect. It can keep e-readers, smartphones, and tablets going strong while lounging on the beach all day.
- Pre-paid phone cards. If the person travelling is a loved one you want to stay in touch with, pre-paid phone cards are the way to go. They make an especially thoughtful gift for student travellers who might be travelling on a budget. This gift also puts parents minds at ease. Nothing drops a hint that you want your kids to stay in touch with you like giving them pre-paid phone cards for travelling.
- Security devices. For people travelling alone, portable security devices such as door alarms and door stops give added peace of mind when staying in a hotel alone.
- Upgrades. If you have lots of air miles or belong to loyalty programs that get you exclusive deals, share them with people you know who love to travel. Use points for upgrades in hotels, access to private lounges at the airport, and other luxury benefits that come with any frequent flyer programs you belong to.
- Jet lag remedies. People who love to travel know that jet lag can take a real bite out of an exciting vacation. Gifts such as eye masks, essential oils, and relaxation aids will have your weary traveller feeling revived and refreshed when they get to their destination.
- Food and beverage gift cards. Airports the world over often have internationally recognized coffee shops and food outlets in them. A Starbucks gift card is perfect for a traveller who may have quite a few layovers in different countries. Famous fast food restaurant brands such as McDonald's and Burger King can be found in big cities across the continent and across the globe too. But make sure to check the terms and conditions of the gift card before buying it for someone who loves to travel. You'll want to make sure it will be valid in other locations.
- Gift cards and gift certificates can come in handy when long layovers and weather delays keep travellers grounded at the airport. Before you buy this gift for a traveller, however, check to make sure it will be valid where the recipient will be going.
- Reminders of home. Even people who love to travel start to get a little homesick, especially during a long trip. Here's a sweet gift idea: give the traveller a photo key chain loaded with pictures from home.
- Free house-sitting. Travelling can be quite expensive. And for people who like to get up and go at the last minute in order to take advantage of cheap, last-minute travel deals and packages, finding reliable, trustworthy house sitters can be a challenge. But you, a good friend or trusted family member, could help out by doing some free house-sitting or pet minding. You can package this gift up as personalized coupons with an online coupon template and some cute travel images and motifs.
- Good luck charms for safe travels. Saint Christopher is known as the Patron Saint of Travellers. If your traveller is religious, a gold or silver St. Christopher charm or pendant is a lovely, sentimental gift. For those travellers who aren't religious, you can still give them the gift of good luck with a ladybug charm or some other symbol of good fortune.
- Travel size foot care products. Travelling is hard on your feet. Whether its foot cramps from sitting on a plane to blisters from a long hike, travellers' feet often take a beating on long trips and soujourns, you could give someone who loves to travel a miniature foot care kit with lotions, spa tools, and cozy socks.
- A collection of handwritten inspirational quotes in a blank journal. Not every gift you choose for someone who enjoys traveling has to b expensive. A simple journal with a few quotes inscribed on the inside pages will keep you close to the traveller's heart while she writes about her adventure!
Travel becomes a strategy for accumulating photographs.— Susan Sontag
It is better to travel well than to arrive.— Buddha
Image Credits: Pixabay.com
© 2015 Sadie Holloway