Gifts for Members of Pantsuit Nation
To the millions of volunteers, community leaders, activists, and union organizers who knocked on doors, talked to neighbors, posted on Facebook — even in secret, private Facebook sites — I want everybody coming out from behind that and make sure your voices are heard going forward,— Hillary Rodham Clinton
What is "Pantsuit Nation"?
"Pantsuit Nation" began as a secret, invite-only Facebook group to give Hillary Clinton fans a safe place to post about the upcoming presidential election. Originally, according to a SFGATE article, "The idea was to get a bunch of Hillary Clinton supporters to wear pantsuits to the polls on Nov. 8th."
But the Nation has evolved since the election to be a supportive, positive, and inclusive movement where members can share personal stories of disappointment, inspiration, hope, activism, and more in their communities. Currently, the group has more than 3 million members and is growing daily.
But I feel pride and gratitude for this wonderful campaign that we built together. This vast, diverse, creative, unruly, energized campaign. You represent the best of America, and being your candidate has been one of the greatest honors of my life.— Hillary Rodham Clinton
Pantsuit Nation Gifts
- Nasty Woman Swag: When Trump said Hillary Clinton "was such a nasty woman!" during the 3rd presidential debate, woman and men all over the world immediately embraced it. There are pins, t-shirts, coffee cups, stickers, and more. Any one of these things would make a perfect gift for your PSN/HRC supporter. Remember Nasty Woman Get Things Done!
- Hillary Rodham Clinton Figurine: Whether you choose a bobble head, an action figure, or a nutcracker with stainless steel thighs, a HRC figurine will liberate your desktop, office space, or home!
- A Book or Many Books: Whether you choose a book by Hillary Clinton, one of her newest ones, like Hard Choices, which was published in 2015, or a book that celebrates a cause your gift recipient is interested in, books are a good choice for a present. Popular liberal titles include In Defense of a Liberal Education by Fareed Zakaria or Reason: Why Liberals Will Win the Battle for America by Robert B. Reich.
- A Lasting Gift: Make a donation in their name to their favorite organization or community group. Favorite organizations that many Pantsuit Nation members support include: NAACP, Planned Parenthood, Black Lives Matter, the Council on American Islamic Relations, GLAAD, Human Rights Campaign, Greenpeace, National Immigration Law Center, Nature Conservancy, or Everytown for Gun Safety.
- A Decorative Safety Pin: A safety pin or a unique safety-pin brooch, necklace, or jewelry piece tells other members that they can feel safe with you. Look for community-based craftspeople on Etsy. Read more about the symbolism on the safety pin movement.
- Official Pantsuit Nation Gear: This is the official Zazzle site from the moderators of Pantsuit Nation.
© 2016 Writing Nag