How to Make Spa Gift Baskets for Women for All Occasions
Spa Gifts Baskets are Very Popular Gifts
A Special Occasion Gift Idea
Giving a really special gift can take a lot of thought, time, and money. Finding the right gifts for friends, co-workers, neighbors, or family is not always so easy, especially when you want to do your best to acknowledge a special relationship.
Whether it's a bridal shower, birthday, special occasion, celebration, or holiday time, you want a gift to be meaningful and useful.
When you can't seem to think of anything that would make a nice gift, particularly for women, think bath products. Women love to indulge and pamper themselves with luxurious soaps, shower gels, lotions, and candles.
It may be more cost-effective to save the money you would have spent on an expensive gift and create a personalized spa gift basket for that special occasion. A basket made with hand-picked spa goodies will be more appreciated and enjoyed.
Gift baskets are sometimes considered the "last-minute, no thought" gift. But if it's a themed basket, whether hand-made or purchased, it can have a beautiful presentation and visual appeal.
The most popular themed baskets include: gourmet foods and cheeses, fruits/chocolates, wines, pet supplies, and spa bath products. This article will focus on hand-made spa baskets.
Beautifully Arranged Baskets Make Appealing Gifts
Supplies You'll Need
- Bath Products - scented soaps, lotions, shower and bath gels; travel sizes work best surrounding bath-size soaps; the best deals can be found at discount department stores like Ross, Marshall's, TJMaxx, as well as other stores if you're an avid shopper and know where to look
- Candles - assorted tealights, votives, and holders; the best deals are at the same stores mentioned above
- Additional Items - books, journals, book marks, pens, prayer cards, decorated notepads, wash cloths, body sponges and puffed meshes
- Baskets - assorted sizes, shapes, textures, colors; straw, weave, wired metal or steel, wicker, bamboo, etc; most can be found at craft stores or dollar stores
- Ribbon - assorted colors, widths, and textures; fabric and/or wired ribbon work best; these can be found at craft stores, discount stores or dollar stores
- Tissue paper - assorted colors to line baskets
- Clear gift wrap - rolls can be found at craft or dollar stores; consider color-tinted wraps as well; 30 ft or 6 ft sizes; depending on how many baskets you make, you'll need several rolls
- Clear transparent scotch tape
Use Brightly Colored Assortments of Ribbon
Organize Colors and Fragrant Scents
Eight Easy Steps for Making Your Baskets
Step 1: Sort and group bath items, candles, and other items by color and scent to create a visually appealing presentation for each basket creation.
Mix different scents to create variety for the user while matching the colors of the items.
Step 2: Choose a basket to fit the items you've grouped together. Basket sizes and shapes will give you ideas on how to uniquely arrange the items.
Step 3: Choose a color(s) of tissue paper to compliment your items to line your basket. Step outside the box and contrast two different colors.
Step 4: Arrange the items in the basket, either vertically or flat, depending on the basket you are building and the shape of the items.
Step 5: Lay filled basket onto plastic wrap extending to desired length (approximately 2-1/2 to 3 feet), then cut, depending on size of basket.
Make sure that extension goes at least 6 to 8 inches beyond where you will gather, tape, and tie.
Plastic Wrap Gives a Professional Look
Colorful Tissue Paper Adds Volume
Step 6: Bring corners of plastic wrap together, gather and tuck in sides, pull together tightly, twist and tape to secure closure; experiment with where you want to gather, tuck, and tie (top or back-side).
Step 7: Tie with desired length of ribbon, making a bow.
Step 8: Cut off excess plastic wrap.
Gift Baskets Filled and Ready to Wrap
The Perfect Bow Compliments the Content and Color Scheme
An Arrangement with a Rose Theme
Make Gift Baskets for Any Occasion
Making gift baskets takes a little more time than it would to just buy a basket at a specialty store. The difference with making your own is that it's a custom creation that is personalized and given from the heart.
Homemade gifts are always more meaningful for the giver and for the receiver, especially if you take the time to make a quality gift.
Making gift baskets does take practice but it is fairly simple for those with a creative flair and skill for making crafts.
Taking the time to learn how to make a gift basket is something that can come in handy for any gift-giving occasion throughout the year.
Arrangement and Color Scheme are Key
Different Shapes and Sizes Create Original Gift Ideas
Each Gift Basket is an Original Piece of Art
Goodie-Filled Mugs are Perfect for Anyone
Themed Baskets Make Great Gifts
What Kind of Gift Baskets Have You Received?
Questions & Answers
© 2012 Janis Leslie Evans