Romantic Valentine's Day Gifts for Couples Who've Been Together a Long Time
This Valentine's Day gift list is specially designed for men and women who have been committed to each other for more than just a few years.
Here is a list of seven thoughtful Valentine's Day gifts to give that special someone who has been in your life for years, maybe even decades! (Lucky you!)
1. Video compilation of your favorite photos from your life together. You'll need to get started on this Valentine's Day gift right away if you want it to be ready by February 14th! That's why I've put it at the top of this list of romantic gifts for people who have been together a long time. You will need to find your favorite images, scan the paper photographs, sort through your digital images and pick the photos that best reflect your beautiful life together. Once you have chosen your favorite photos you can compile them in an animated video compilation program (i.e.; PowerPoint) and set it to music.
2. A romantic photo shoot. Couples who have been married for a long time probably already have hundreds of photos of them taken with family and friends on special occasions. But what about photos that are of a romantic nature? Boudoir photo sessions are becoming popular as gifts for Valentine's Day. It can be fun for both the subject of the photo and the photo's recipient. Women can hire a professional photographer who specializes in romantic photo shoots. Working with a female photographer might make it a bit easier to have your picture taken while wearing nothing but fine and fancy lingerie. The sessions often include hair and make-up makeovers, tips on how to pose in a tastefully romantic way, and what intimate apparel would look best on camera. For women who have been with their spouses for a long time, a boudoir photo session can boost their sex appeal and self-confidence just in time for Valentine's Day! (For more information on boudoir photography, this article is a good starting point.)
3. An Infographic of all the things that you love about your sweetie. When choosing a Valentine's Day gift for someone you have been with for a long time, choosing gifts that are You can find websites online that let you input key information so that you can create a one of a kind info graphic. Have fun making this Valentine's Day gift and tell your sweetie how much your 'story of us' means to him or her. Get your infographic printed professionally and then have it framed.
4. A surprise re-commitment ceremony including dinner with your closest friends and family, followed by a mini-honeymoon getaway at a fancy hotel. You can do this gift the weekend before Valentine's Day (but definitely not after), since Valentine's Day sometimes lands on a weekday. You can have the ceremony at home, in a private dining room at a posh hotel, or if you live in a warmer climate, outdoors.
5. A jar filled with 365 love notes. This Valentine's Day gift idea for longtime couples was inspired by an article that I saw just before the Christmas holidays. The 'best boyfriend ever,' as the internet called him, had written 365 tiny love notes and placed them in a jar for his girlfriend. The gift idea was a hot across the world wide web, with many hopeless romantics swooning over this sweet gift idea.
6. A family heirloom or a treasured memento from your childhood. One of the sweetest things about celebrating Valentine's Day with someone you have known and loved for a very long time is the intimate awareness you have about each others' stories. You can continue to build that shared sense of intimacy by giving your loved one a cherished piece of your past and sharing the story of why that item means so much to you. Giving your spouse a treasured toy or an heirloom that has been in the family for ages tells your spouse how much you trust her and how secure you are knowing that you'll be together for many more years to come.
I can live without money, but I cannot live without love.— Judy Garland
7. A deck of cards list 52 things you love about your spouse. There are plenty of Do-It-Yourself videos online showing you how to make this gift--it's a popular one on Valentine's Day---but what i really like about the video below is how proud the recipient is that his lover made him this gift. The upbeat music, the way his hands flip through the cards, the sweet messages that we get to glimpse in the video---all these things make this Valentine's Day gift for long-term couples and married folks one of my favorites!
These gift ideas for couple's who have been together for years (and years, perhaps) are not only suitable for Valentine's Day, they can make any special occasion feel magical; birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, or just because. When you have been married for a long time, material possessions often pale in comparison to the many things the two of you have shared over the years.
Have you ever given your sweetheart a Valentine's Day gift that ended up being a total disaster?
Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made.— Robert Browning
How much do you think married couples should spend on gifts for Valentine's Day?
© 2015 Sadie Holloway