Christmas Gift Ideas for Women Who Have Everything
Christmas is rapidly approaching. You need to buy her a gift, and you are wondering what on earth to get her because she's one of those women who seem to have everything.
You don't want to get her the same old worn out gifts. There has to be something fresh and new to get her. It's time to think outside the box.
Women love gifts, and below you'll find a list of a few of the things almost any woman would love to have. Have fun customizing a gift for the special woman on your list.
I realize there are some high maintenance women out there who expect the moon, but for the most part, most women just want to be remembered, appreciated, and slightly pampered. Somehow throw that in a cute bag with some tissue paper and you are her new hero.
Keep in mind that the items below are in no particular order.
You're sure to find something for the woman on your list.
Encourage Her to Pursue Her Dreams
Chances are she has revealed some secret ambition to you. Encourage her. Some examples are:
- Maybe she's mentioned going back to school. Get the class schedule from the local colleges, offer to pay for a few classes, and/or agree to watch the kids so she can go.
- There are tons of hobbies she may be interested in. Look for classes for her to take. Hobbies such as stained glass, pottery, flower arranging, painting, cake decorating, photography, archery, etc. can be found at almost every junior college.
- Maybe she's always wanted to sing. Take her out to karaoke or find singing lessons.
- Maybe she has wanted to take dance lessons, yoga, Zumba, etc.
I know jewelry seems like the same old worn out gift. But, the idea is to find a special piece of jewelry, something unique to her tastes. Some women like jewelry more than others. If you're planning to buy her jewelry make sure you have a pretty good idea of her likes and dislikes as far as silver or gold. If you're unsure, just observe her for a few days. If you feel comfortable doing so, look through her current jewelry. Some women prefer yellow gold. Some women prefer sterling silver. Some women have allergies to certain metals.
Remember, the idea is to find a piece of jewelry that has a special meaning or significance for her. Maybe she likes pandas or frogs. Find a piece of jewelry that incorporates a panda or frog.
- Necklaces (be careful of the length) - Ever heard of Liquid Silver jewelry? If she's never owned a liquid silver necklace, this would make a great gift! I bought my 18 year old daughter one for her birthday, and she absolutely loved it. It makes her feel quite elegant. Another popular item this year is Skeleton key jewelry.
- Rings (know her ring size)
- Other piercings
Every Woman Surely Loves Flowers!
I don't know a woman who doesn't love flowers of some sort.
From personal experience, I can tell you that ProFlowers.com has the most beautiful and long-lasting flowers I've ever seen. I absolutely love them! I highly recommend them for any occasion. The fresh-cut flowers come shipped in a box. Some assembly required. They will easily last 10 days to a week and smell fantastic.
Do the woman in your life a big favor and order her some today. It doesn't even have to be a special occasion to order her some. I'm particularly fond of the very fragrant Stargazer lilies.
Spa Treatments & Massages
Spa treatments and massages are popular indulgences these days.
There are a variety of places that offer spa or massage services. Shop around and customize a package just right for the female in your life.
Don't be afraid to ask questions when talking to them. They understand that men aren't experts in picking out these types of things and will gladly assist you.
I just recently had a spa manicure and a spa pedicure. Both included soaking, trimming, a massage, paraffin wax, and then painting the nails. Each took just over an hour. You leave there feeling fantastic.
Kitchen or Time-Saving Gadgets
Women love gadgets almost as much as men. However, most women will not appreciate this gadget being her most expensive gift. Some women prefer personal gifts rather than gifts for the house. If she doesn't mind gifts for the house, kitchen gadgets are great time-savers she'll appreciate.
Some suggested time-saving gadgets associated with cooking are:
- Ones that making cooking fun
- Decorative holidayware that you can add pieces to each year
- Etched or engraved wine glasses
- Quality Stoneware (like Pampered Chef) products I couldn't live without.
- Cookbook full of time-saving recipes
Housecleaning or Maid Services
No one likes housework. Who wouldn't love to have a maid come in once a week to clean?
It's more affordable than you think. I highly recommend that you shop around for the best price. Also ask around and get a referral from a friend.
You might also have a trusted friend or relative who would be interested in getting paid to clean your house. My cousin hires his mother to clean his house twice a week. She's thrilled to do it for the extra income and feels that she's helping them out since they both work and have two young children.
There are so many options available today for giving the gift of music. You have:
- IPods and iTunes gift cards
- Satellite radio subscriptions
- Check to see if her favorite artist has a music DVD
- Check to see if her favorite artist is touring and buy tickets. Even if you're not interested in going with her, you can give her two tickets so that she can take her best friend for a girls night out.
Bath & Body Products
You can purchase separate products or buy a gift basket full of pre-selected products. There are all types of bath and body products available. These include:
- Scented bubble bath
- Bath oil beads
- Bath crystals
- Scented candles
- Scented body lotions and creams
- Eye cream/gel
- Facial mask
- Hands and feet creams
- Perfume and cologne
Do It Yourself Baskets
Small items you could place in an attractive basket include:
Homemade Coupons: Women very often juggle many different jobs (mother, taxi, wife, work) and sometimes need a little help without having to ask for it. Give her a written promise (or coupon) to help with something you know she would like help with such as:
- Fixing around the house. Fix them or get someone that can.
- Washing her car
- Filling her car up with gas from time to time
- Running her a bubble bath
- Occupying the kids while she's cooking
- Sweeping, mopping or vacuuming for her
Restaurant gift cards: For those days when she doesn't feel like cooking, or maybe she's busy running errands, give her a variety of restaurant gift cards.
Speciality store gift cards: Give her gift cards to book stores, coffee houses, department stores, gas stations, etc.
Small items:Key chains, key covers, picture frames, nice pen for her purse, cellphone case, perfume samples, makeup brushes, lip balm, scarves, small chocolates, scratch-off lottery tickets, etc.
Every woman has something she would enjoy to see or do 'live'. See if any of these options sound like 'her'. Buy her tickets.
- Cirque du Soleil or circus performances
- Arts and Crafts Show
- Casino gambling
- Broadway Musical
- Jazz festival
- Arts & Crafts festival
- Renaissance Festival
- Dinner theater
- Murder Mystery theater
- Country Music festival
- Rock concert