Mohsen is an SEO content writer who enjoys researching interesting topics and writing about them.
Gift Ideas for Writers
I'd genuinely appreciate it if someone gifted me any items on this list. And it's worth mentioning that I've been a content writer for over five years. So, believe me, I know what I'm talking about.
Most gift ideas out there are focused on traditional or, as I like to call them, offline writers. They're all about fancy pens, notebooks, and guidebooks. So, I decided to create a list of specific gifts that I'm sure would leave my fellow content writers buzzing for weeks.
What Do Online Content Writers Do?
Many people might not be familiar with content writing because it's a relatively new career. But you need to know a couple of things about the job to choose the best gift possible.
- Most content writers work in several different niches. So, it'd be a good idea to avoid gifts that are too niched-down (e.g., A guidebook on writing fiction).
- Most of the job is done digitally and online. So, traditional writing supplies might not be the best option—though we do need them.
- Copywriting and content writing are two different jobs. So, I'd recommend double-checking your loved one's profession before buying any gifts.
1. LCD Writing Tablet
Content writers need to take notes—lots of them. So, a digital writing tablet would actually help reduce paper consumption while keeping you organized. (I recently ordered one for myself and am dying to use it).
Basically, you use this device as an erasable digital paper to jot down notes when working on a blog post or article.
An LCD Writing Tablet is an excellent gift for content writers because they'll use it frequently.
This device could be a life-changer for a full-time content writer like me. I write over 2,000 words per day and take lots of notes for each piece of content. It would get me rid of a pile of used papers that I throw away every day—while helping me organize my notes better.
2. Smart Writing Notebook
Content writers might be reliant on software and apps for their job. But a smart writing note like Royole RoWrite 2 could connect digital and traditional writing realms.
It looks like a casual notebook on the outside—a fancy one. But it's actually a smart device that can digitalize your handwriting in real-time.
What makes it remarkable is that it works both offline and online. So, let's say you are on an airplane, but you have this excellent blog idea that you want to jot down. Well, you write it in your smart notebook, and it saves your notes in its own memory so that you can digitalize and EDIT them later.
Read More From Holidappy
Yes, you can actually edit your notes on the RoWrite app. And it's the best feature ever.
Other reasons that make it a perfect gift for bloggers or online writers:
- Works for 2-3 days after charging the battery.
- Comes with extra refills for the smartpen.
- Allows you to use any A5 paper for the notebook.
- It is well-designed and looks fancy.
- It is not expensive—especially compared to similar options.
Watch the review for more info.
3. Digital Timer
Time management is one of the challenging aspects of freelance content writing. So, if your loved one is not an in-house content writer, you should definitely get them a timer—preferably a digital one.
I think LIORQUE Digital Kitchen Timer is one of the best options. I know, it's meant to be used in the kitchen. But its options are excellent for deep work while writing content.
It allows you to set custom writing or researching sessions for yourself with simple buttons. Plus, it looks minimalistic and beautiful.
Other features that make LIORQUE an excellent gift for content writers:
- It functions as a clock and stopwatch, too. So, it's a 3-in-1 device.
- You can use its alarm system to know when each writing session is over.
4. Wireless Keyboard
Gifting a typing-friendly, well-designed, and sexy keyboard to any modern writer would leave them with an ever-lasting smile.
A friend of mine, also a content writer, used to joke around, saying he touches his keyboard more than he touches his girlfriend. And to be honest, I wouldn't say he is exaggerating.
As mentioned on SEO Roundtable, "Most content providers write between 500-2,000 words a day." So, the keyboard is probably one of (if not the) most important devices in a content writer's arsenal.
I recommend Logitech K780 Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard because Rtings.com has tested it. And they say, "it's the best budget keyboard for typing," which I totally agree with.
Other features that make it an excellent gift for content writers:
- Reliable battery life.
- Incredibly quiet and noise-free.
5. Standing Desk
Several surveys show that most freelancers work over 40 hours per day. And since most content writers are remote workers, your loved one is probably sitting behind their desk for at least 6 hours a day. That's a lot.
Doctors recommend standing for 15-30 minutes after one hour behind your desk. But that's not easy when your job is typing on your computer.
A standing desk could be one of the most practical gifts to a content writer because it can change their lifestyle.
You don't have to buy anything fancy like a smart desk.
I think Perlegear Mobile Standing Laptop Desk is one of the best budget options on the market. It's adjustable and easy to move. That is everything you need from a standing desk.
Other Creative Gift Ideas for Content Writers
Here are some other ideas that I believe would warm a website content writer's heart:
- Gift them a content writing course: You can go to Udemy.com and search for a proper course. But be mindful that this is not a good gift idea if your loved one is an experienced writer.
- Buy them a keyword research tool subscription: SEO writers need to do keyword research before writing a blog post or article. So, buying them a SEMRush, Moz, or Ahrefs subscription would make them happy.
- Gift them a smart mug: If your content writer friend is a hot drink maniac, it is an excellent idea to gift them a smart mug to keep their coffee or tea warm.
What do you think about the list? Is there anything I should include—or maybe exclude? Let me know in the comments below.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Mohsen Baqery