Timothy is a Christian who enjoys creating visual art and writing. He has a B.S. in psychology.
Have you ever come up short when it comes to figuring out what to put in someone’s greeting card? Sometimes it’s hard to come up with a funny line or a quick quip, so instead of expressing your feelings, you go out and buy one of those pre-filled birthday cards.
The one-liners below are offered to you as a starting point. They can be used any way you wish—in a card, in a note, on social media, verbally, or otherwise. Enjoy!
How to Present These One-Liners
- Get them printed on a balloon.
- Create a card and write one or more of the sayings inside.
- Text one or more of them to your friend or family member.
- Create a meme for social media.
- Print your favorite one-liner on a tee shirt or some other item and give it to them.
- Post them on their social media sites.
- You only have one birthday a year, so enjoy it wisely, or the next one might not come along.
- I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since your last birthday. I’m barely over last year's party.
- It’s your birthday. Time to party (like we need another excuse to party).
- The gift of friendship is the best birthday gift ever.
- Don’t count your birthdays—count how you live the days in between your birthdays.
- I hope you like your birthday card—I can’t return it now that I've written in it.
- I don’t want to say you’re looking older. I cannot say it. You’re looking older.
- I love when your birthday comes around. I’m reminded you’re still older than me.
- At your age, your birthday is all fun and games until you try to blow out the candles.
- I got you the best birthday gift I could think of this year . . . myself.
- Hey, the good news is I got you a birthday card this year. The bad news is it was the card from last year I forgot to give you.
- Your birthday always brings me to tears—tears of joy because I’m not as old as you.
- I hear you’re only 39 again this year. I’ve lost track over the years of how many times you've turned 39.
- I can’t believe you’re ____ years old, and you still don’t look your age!
- Birthdays come, and birthdays go, but as long as you have wine, it eases the blow.
- I only put one candle on your cake cause I figured at your age, you couldn’t blow out ____ candles.
- The gift of friendship is far better than any other present. Yes . . . I forgot to get you a present again.
- You know what they say about your _____ birthday. No, I don’t know what they say . . . I thought you might.
- What is it about your birthday that always causes me to forget to wish you happy birthday on the right day? Well, anyway, happy belated birthday.
- Christmas is the time of year to celebrate faith, family, and friends.
- There is a reason for this season, but it doesn’t come in a box with a bow. It is the season to celebrate a baby born in a manger.
- The hardest part of Christmas is returning the gifts you don’t want. That is the reason I only got you a card.
- I can’t believe it is Christmas time again. It seems like it was only yesterday when I was returning the gift you got me last year.
- Take away the Christmas tree, the decorations, the movies, and the specials, and what do you have? The day after Christmas.
- The best present at Christmas time is your presence here with us.
- Let the joy and spirit of Christmas flow through your heart throughout the year.
- I got you a gift card for Christmas this year because I wanted to get you something you didn’t need to return.
- Christmas is the best time of year because you get to spend time with the ones you love . . . especially you.
- Life with you is like a Christmas present you get to open each and every day. It brings about such joy.
- Sending peace, love, and joy this year. No, it doesn’t come with gift cards or in a wrapped box.
- A very merry Christmas and a happy New Year! Let's hope it's a good one with much-needed cheer. Calm down . . . I said cheer—not beer.
- The reason we celebrate Christmas is that we received the greatest gift of all.
- "And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth." —Luke 1:14
- Wishing you all the peace, joy, and love that come with the Christmas season.
- The greatest gift anyone can get is a loving group of friends. Here’s to having the best gift this holiday season.
- Christmas comes but once a year. It’s a good thing, too, or I’d be broke.
- It is said there is only one true love in life. I’m glad I found mine.
- Your love has opened up my eyes to the many wonderful things in my life.
- I never believed in true love until I met you. Now your love is all I can think about.
- Life without your love would feel so empty and plain. You are the one who brings the spice to my life.
- The only gift I need on this special day is to know your love more deeply.
- You’re my better half, and that is why I love you so much.
- Mom/dad—you're the best parent or parents, and that is why I send you all my love this Valentine‘s Day.
- Life with you is always full of surprises and never boring. Except when you . . . only kidding. You always keep it interesting.
- I just wanted to let you know I’m in it for the long haul. Happy Valentine’s Da . . .
- I'd like to give you a gift that keeps on giving . . . my love. Happy Valentine’s Day.
- You‘ve given your life and love to me all these years, and I’ve cherished every moment I’ve spent with you.
- Life is all about finding the one true love who completes you. I’m glad I’ve found mine. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- I don’t need a special day to declare my love for you, but here goes—happy Valentine’s Day! I love you.
- I know you were looking for a special present this year, so I bought the more expensive Valentine’s Day card.
- Your love brought me so much joy and warmth that it cannot be contained in one holiday.
- What is Valentine’s Day but one day to celebrate what is felt in the heart all year long?
- A merry heart is as good as medicine. Love makes a heart merry, especially the love I have for you. Happy Valentine’s Day.
- I find joy in the little things our love for each other brings us each day.
- May my love surround you on Valentine’s Day and always.
- Easter is not about bunnies and chocolate; it is a celebration of a gift far greater and far sweeter.
- Easter is a celebration of life reborn.
- Hope you have a very egg-cellent and sweet Easter.
- Here's hopping—I mean hoping—you remember what Easter is all about.
- Easter is a time to say, ”He is risen, He is risen indeed.”
- "He is not here; he has risen, just as he said." —Matthew 28:6
- Easter is a time to be thankful for what God did for you through Jesus.
- There would be no Easter if it were not for an empty tomb.
- "The very first Easter taught us this: that life never ends and love never dies." —Kate McGahan
- Remember—this Easter, it might be about a bunny, but the real Easter is more about a Lamb.
- Don’t forget that without an empty tomb, there would be no Easter.
- "Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness." —Floyd W. Tomkins
- "Easter is very important to me. It's a second chance." —Reba McEntire
- No bunny is left out of God’s love and what He did for us on Easter Sunday.
- Easter is the time of year when you can put all your eggs in one basket.
- My life has been made better because you are my friend.
- The definition of your friendship can be summed up in just two words—always there.
- A true friendship is one of a few words but many deeds done out of love.
- Friendship can be summed up in four words—give, love, trust, and listen.
- The journey of our friendship began with the first step. After that, it has been a footrace through the years.
- I hope you feel loved by me today and every day because you are. You’re my best friend.
- If you looked up the word friend in the dictionary . . . well, no, you’re picture's not there. But it should be.
- A life is not a fulfilled life unless you fill it with good friends (like you).
- I just wanted you to know that you are loved by me each and every day.
- True friendship is like getting a bouquet of flowers each day without ever asking for them.
- I just can’t say it enough, but thank you for being my friend.
- Some friends come, and some friends go, but true friends like you are always there.
- You can’t spell true friendship without "you." Yes, I know there's no "you" in friendship, but there’d be no friendship if I didn’t have you.
- When the going gets tough, I know I can always count on a friend like you to help me through.
- Me plus you equals one great friendship.
- I tried to think of something elegant to say about our friendship, but then I realized our friendship is beyond words.
- I thought long and hard about how to thank you for being my friend, but all I got was a headache because our friendship is beyond words.
Read More From Holidappy
- I always cry at weddings. Not because I’ve lost another single friend, but because I’m so happy two people who love each other are together.
- Marriage is about two people who love each other becoming one in mind and spirit.
- A wedding ring is a symbol of a relationship that has begun and is to have no end.
- My wish for you on your special day is a life filled with love and joy.
- No two people compliment each other as you do. I’m glad you found each other.
- A wedding day is the beginning of a lifetime of adventures in which two souls become entwined as one.
- A ring is but a symbol of the bond that entwines two people together in a lifelong relationship of love and joy.
- There are a lot of definitions for love, but the culmination of love is when two people join their hearts for a lifetime.
© 2021 Timothy Whitt
Timothy Whitt (author) from New Jersey on March 26, 2021:
Yes I thought the one about being 39 was a good one.
BRENDA ARLEDGE from Washington Court House on March 26, 2021:
These are cute & probably quite helpful to some.
I liked the one about being 39.
Both my parents have been thirty nine for years and I'm 60....so, I don't know how that's working for them.
Timothy Whitt (author) from New Jersey on March 26, 2021:
Umesh Chandra Bhatt from Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, India on March 26, 2021: