10th Anniversary Wishes, Quotes, and Poems to Write in a Card
Being married for a full decade is quite an accomplishment. When you think about how much time goes into it, you get these figures:
10 years =
- 521 weeks, or
- 87,672 hours, or
- 5,260,320 minutes, or
- 315,619,200 seconds.
Spending three hundred million seconds married to someone seems like a very long time! Below, you'll find some examples of 10th anniversary wishes to write in a card or a text message. Use these as-is or combine and adapt them to create your own unique anniversary message.
Messages for Your Spouse
Since it's your 10th anniversary, it's important to acknowledge the day. Use a message that makes your wife or husband feel loved.
- Ten years ago was a great day!
- Ten years is not very long when you consider how long I want to be married to you.
- Thanks for the decade of amazing time with you!
- I could live without you, but it would be like losing a huge part of myself.
- You have been the love of my life over the last decade, and I'm looking forward to the coming decades.
- You've been on my mind every day for the last 10 years!
- I still want to learn more about you, even though we've been together 10 years.
- Over the last 10 years, I've fallen in love with you many times.
- I can't imagine the last 10 years without you!
- You're the only person I would want to spend a decade with, and I got my wish.
- You are my favorite blessing of the last decade.
- Ten years can plod on or go by like a flash, depending on who you are with. You made the last ten years go by quickly. Time flies when you're in love!
- I was going to write you a poem about our 10th anniversary, but I couldn't think of any words that rhyme with 10.
- The first 10 years of living with me are the most difficult. Just ask my mom.
- I promised myself I would give marriage a try for at least 10 years. Because of you, I've decided to renew my contract.
- You fit me as well as a 10-year-old sweatshirt that I never want to throw out.
Wishes to Friends, Children, or Family
- The first 10 years of marriage are always the most difficult.
- Just because you've been married every day for the last 10 years doesn't mean you have to stop enjoying yourselves. Happy 10th!
- Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary! You guys rock because you've hit a mile-stone!
It's difficult to find famous quotes about specific milestone anniversaries, but there are some that will work. These are good if you're looking to borrow someone's words to help you express what you want to say, or to use as inspiration for your own ideas:
- "Why does a woman work ten years to change a man's habits and then complain that he's not the man she married?" —Barbra Streisand
- "A lot of good love can happen in ten years." —Jim Carrey
- “Each moment of a happy lover's hour is worth an age of dull and common life.” -—Aphra Behn
- “The art of love. . . is largely the art of persistence.” —Albert Ellis
- "The heart of marriage is memories; and if the two of you happen to have the same ones and can savor your reruns, then your marriage is a gift from the gods." —Bill Cosby
- "A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year." —Paul Sweeney
- "We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person." —W. Somerset Maugham
- "Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years." —Simone Signoret
- "The bonds of matrimony are like any other bonds–they mature slowly." —Peter De Vries
- "Love grows more tremendously full, swift, poignant, as the years multiply." —Zane Grey
- "Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." —Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- "It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." –Rita Rudner
- "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." —Mignon McLaughlin
- "True love stories never have endings." —Richard Bach
- "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." —Marcel Proust
The Milestone Line
We've been together for ten years now
Though it's difficult to understand how
Our commitment was tested with time
And we passed the milestone line
This Anniversary is Ours
You and I and ten years
Many smiles, many tears
We have become stars
This anniversary is ours
Are the first 10 years of marriage really the most difficult?
- Anniversary Poems
Poems are an excellent way to communicate your love on an anniversary.