Blake started out scribbling in cards over 30 years ago. Though his handwriting is mostly unchanged, the content has improved.
13th Birthday Wishes
Stumped about what to write in a 13-year-old's birthday card? Thirteen is a milestone because it's the first year of teenagerhood. There's something about being a teenager that makes a person feel older, tougher, cooler, and more punk-rock. The following is a guide to help you figure out what to write in a 13th birthday card.
Decide whether you want to write something funny or something more inspirational and meaningful to your birthday person. Either way, you'll find the examples you need below. Edit one to your taste to help make their 13th birthday a little more special and fun.
Even though 13 is only one little year older than 12, it might feel like a big jump. But teens can still enjoy humor. Expect an eye roll instead of an all-out laugh, though, since laughing may not be cool at this age.
- It takes 13 years to perfect the bad teenage attitude. You have a new superpower.
- You are the youngest teenager I know!
- The best thing about being a 13-year-old boy is 13-year-old girls. The worst thing about being a 13-year-old girl is 13-year-old boys.
- It's an unlucky number, so I wish you extra luck for your 13th.
- Now that you are a teen, get used to being looked at suspiciously by everyone over 30.
- 13 can be a tough age. You have to deal with bullies, strict parents, and puberty. At least you are growing up in the age of the Internet.
- Uh oh! I heard you turned 13. . . here comes trouble!
- If you don't quit getting older, we're gonna be able to use your cake as a campfire!
- Welcome to your teenage years, when drama and pimples seem to pop up at all the wrong times.
- Enjoy 13 like it's going out of style!
If you want to inspire your 13th birthday boy or girl, then read these and choose one that fits. Writing something funny along with a more meaningful birthday wish can work well also.
- OMG! I can't believe you're already 13! You're growing up to be such an amazing young adult!
- Welcome to your teenage years. You only get seven. Use them wisely!
- I know you have been looking forward to this day. You only turn 13 once and it has so much significance. You are no longer a little kid. You're a teenager!
- You're growing up to be so handsome and smart! Happy 13th, "ladies' man!"
- You have brought us so much joy over the years, and watching you walk into the next phase of your life is just another joyous occasion for us. Enjoy your special day.
- From diapers to cell phones, friends, school, and sports, you're passing through one of life's biggest doors!
- Eat cake, ice cream, and a whole lot of sweets because you are the sweetest 13-year-old I know!
- Turning 13 marks the beginning of some of the most special years of your life. You will soon be entering high school and exploring the opportunities that life has in store for you.
- To one of the coolest teenagers around: Happy 13th!
- Turning 13 means you will begin to see things differently as you transition from childhood into teenage bliss. Enjoy this phase. May it be one of the most memorable times of your life.
- Stay in school, work hard, and dream big! You're growing into a success.
- You are entering the new world of a 13-year-old. Meet your new challenges with the same passion and joy of your younger years and you will continue to be successful.
- It has been a joy to watch you over the past 13 years. You have done many things to make us smile and even more to make us proud. You are an awesome inspiration!
- You are definitely not a kid anymore. You have conquered childhood and arrived at the threshold of being a teenager.
- You are about to enter a world with many unknowns, but this is where the fun begins. You have just turned 13!
- Transitioning from childhood to your teenage years is something to be excited about. You are 13 now and the world awaits you.
- May every one of your wishes come true as you enter into this new phase of your life. You are turning 13, and that means new adventures and accomplishments. I wish you nothing but success and happiness.
- Becoming a teenager is a big thing. It means you're only years away from being an adult!
- You're a teenager! May you be prepared for the challenges ahead! I'll happily stand by you through them all.
- Today marks 13 years of greatness! Way to go!
- Being a teenager means living life to its fullest! Enjoy.
- Teens are usually so great, smart, fun, and cool! But you... you're the best of the best!
- I want to wish you a day of extra, super-duper cool, 13-year-old fun!
- You're only 13 once, so make the best of this wonderful year of your life.
- Every day you get older, and so do I. I wish I could freeze you at this age. You're perfect!
- Wow! You're growing up so fast! I'm glad I get to celebrate this day with you!
- Today you enter a year where you can choose whatever you want to be. I know you'll be something great!
- I don't care if you are growing into a teenager, you will always be my little baby. Happy 13th!
- I hope your 13th year brings you many blessings and happy times.
- Hey kiddo! Heard you turned 13. . . cool beans!
- Woah, dude! You're 13! Have a gnarly birthday!
13th Birthday Poems
These are some specific examples of poems about turning 13. Feel free to use these as-is or modify them with additional lines and verses.
Wonderful Little Girl
wearing makeup and pearls
you're turning 13
my wonderful little girl!
Acrostic 13 Poem
Timmy Arnold on March 08, 2019:
I agree with "Malika Wedlock" but nice beautiful and funny quotes. Really like them
Malika Wedlock on January 07, 2019:
What about for a close friend that's a boy!
Unknown on November 09, 2018:
Beautiful and funny quotes, my 13 year old loved one of the quotes i wrote for her!
Tim Pam on March 16, 2018:
Many thanks..! Highly motivating..
Keerthana on November 02, 2017:
Thank u its quite nice and interesting
Emma on August 28, 2017:
Thanks this helped alot ☺