Blake started out scribbling in cards over 30 years ago. Though his handwriting is mostly unchanged, the content has improved.
Turning 16 is a milestone in many different cultures. 16 is right in the middle of the teenage years—it's the median age between 13 and 19 and the highpoint of adolescence. 16-year-olds may have some of the highest standards of humor when receiving funny birthday wishes. Keep in mind that you don't necessarily have to be funny—you can always acknowledge some positive traits of the birthday boy or girl instead if you prefer.
Fun and Funny 16th Birthday Wishes
If you don't want to be totally serious, you can use one of these funny birthday wishes for people turning 16. Don't forget to add some personal information and details and use inside jokes if you can. The more personal your message is, the more it will mean to the recipient.
- You only get to turn 16 once. Have a great time on your birthday!
- At 16, you are a middle-aged teenager. You have 3 years behind you and 3 years ahead of you in your teens. You probably won’t enjoy the next time you are called middle-aged, so have fun on your 16th birthday!
- At your age, you are the least experienced driver on the road without a driving instructor in the car. You are what everyone else on the road is worried about. Congratulations on your scary new status. Happy 16th!
- You’re 16, and I’m issuing you a license to have an awesome birthday! Enjoy!
- Your parents are secretly excited about you turning 16. They no longer have to be your chauffeur.
- Stay sweet as long as you can, even though you will only be 16 for the next year.
- 16 is a year of gaining independence. Be careful with yours.
- Now you can actually drive a car instead of just driving your parents crazy.
- 16 is the perfect age: you get the independence without all the responsibility.
- You might be getting birthday gifts on your 16th birthday, but your auto insurance company is getting a birthday premium, too.
- You are growing up way too fast. Happy 16th birthday!
- You’d be an adult in some countries in the world. With that in mind, I’m sure you’ll have no problem buying your own car, paying for your own insurance and gas, and paying to repair it.
- You AUTO be just about old enough to drive now that you’re 16.
- Whoever called your age "sweet sixteen" must not have been from this century.
Happy 16th Birthday Wishes
Here are some positive messages that will work well for 16th birthday cards. If you want your card to be sincere rather than humorous, use these birthday wishes to get started.
- You are really growing up to become a neat person. 16 is a really fun age, and I hope you have a blast this year!
- Happy 16th birthday! You are definitely growing up and showing maturity. It's cool to see what great things you are accomplishing.
- The question of if you'll have a successful year comes down to whether you will make wise decisions and hang out with good influences. I trust you to have a great 16th year!
I hope this is a wonderful birthday and a wonderful year of life for you. You are at an age of transitions, growth, and maturity. It can be fun too. Enjoy it. You'll only be 16 for one year.
Happy Birthday Texts for the New Driver
- Hpy 16th Bday! Dnt Txt N Drv!
- Congrats! You're Driving! Now Put Down the Phone!
- U Put the Sweet in Sweet 16!
- 16 X's and 16 O's! <3
- Yay! I have another chauffeur!
- This text is your present! Ha ha!
Birthday Poem for a Card
Poetry can be a nice way to convey your thoughts and wishes on a birthday. You can use this poem for your 16th card or write your own:
16, The Perfect Age
Now you are sixteen years old
And you're old enough to drive
But not enough to be an adult
Where one day you'll arrive
No worrying about being older
You've plenty of time for fun
Responsibility is still minimal
Your childhood is not yet done
You are the perfect age now
And you may not realize it
Many adults would gladly trade
Your perfect age at 16, for a zit
Leave Your Own Ideas
Mike Sargent on November 12, 2019:
Seems 16yr olds are going to loaded with very dull American humour.
Blake Flannery (author) from United States on February 14, 2017:
Ginny, that's a bummer about having to wait until you're 18 to drive. The U.S. is pretty auto-focused so it's a huge right of passage. I'm not sure if that will change in the future. What themes could I add to this article to make it more helpful for people in India?
Brinafr3sh from West Coast, United States on April 19, 2012:
Hi Blake, I have teenagers, a 16 year old being legally able to drive is strange to me. But I guess I have to accept it. Very nice "16th birthday messages" I might have to use one of those lines for my daughter. Thanks, voted up.