Blake started out scribbling in cards over 30 years ago. Though his handwriting is mostly unchanged, the content has improved.
What to Write in a 20th Anniversary Card
20 years is 175,316 hours.
While it's true that some of those hours are spent sleeping, this is a lot of time to be married. Since this is such a major milestone, you might feel a little more pressured than usual to write a great anniversary message.
These are various things to include in a 20th anniversary wish to your spouse or friends as you celebrate a committed marriage. Think of the unique qualities of the couple as you read, and select one that fits perfectly. Below are wishes for friends and family, messages for your spouse, and quotes about marriage.
20th Anniversary Wishes for Family and Friends
- May your next decade together be even better than the last two!
- You've waited 20 years for this anniversary card!
- 'Hindsight is 20/20.' So you should be able to look back on your years of marriage with ease.
- At 20 years, you've been married longer than most people stay in a career. You must have figured out who the boss is in the relationship.
- You've had 20 years to perfect your roles as husband and wife. Do you still need more practice?
- If your marriage were a person, it still wouldn't be old enough to drink. Maybe we can toast to your marriage next year.
- We wish you joy as you celebrate 20 awesome years together!
- 20 years is no joke. The next 20 years won't be either, but I wish you many laughs along the way.
- The first 20 years are always a lot more difficult than the second 20 years, so the hard part is over now.
- You have consistently proven your commitment to each other at least 20 times.
- After 20 years of learning from each other, you owe each other some tuition. Good thing you are sharing room and board!
- I bet it wasn't easy to imagine what it would be like to be married for 20 years when you first got married. Now you have to try to imagine being married another 20!
- You have 20 reasons to be congratulated on this anniversary!
- Keep being an amazing couple. You're an inspiration!
- We wish you an awesome 20th anniversary. May your relationship be blessed!
- May the Lord grant you many more years of adventure, love, and companionship!
- I'm sure that you have stayed married for 20 years just so you could get a card from me saying "Congratulations!"
- A score is 20 years. Lincoln would wish you a Happy 'Score' Anniversary. I'll just say Happy 20th Anniversary!
20th Anniversary Quotes
- “The art of love... is largely the art of persistence.” —Albert Ellis
- "A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year." —Paul Sweeney
- "However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." —Ephesians 5:23
- "Being in a long marriage is a little bit like that nice cup of coffee every morning. I might have it every day, but I still enjoy it." —Stephan Gaines
- "Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years." —Simone Signoret
20th Anniversary Greeting Card Messages for Your Spouse
- When we got married 20 years ago, I was so excited to be marrying you. I'm still excited, but I have a lot of great memories with you now.
- I'm excited and grateful to be celebrating our 20th anniversary! We have been blessed with a great amount of time. I can't begin to express how much I love you after these 2 decades of marriage.
- Two decades has not been enough time with you. I need more!
- We made it to 20 years! I'm glad we still have each other to lean on and laugh with.
- I've loved you for the last 20 years, and I'll love you for the next 20.
- I'm glad that you let me be yours for 20 years. I still don't think it has been long enough, though.
- Each anniversary that goes by is an opportunity to renew my vows to you, but I haven't done that officially. I still want to be married to you for the rest of my life!
- I am thankful for 20 years with you, full of struggles, fun, adventures, and companionship. Our love gets sweeter by the day!
- We've had 19 anniversaries, but this one is the one I get to spend with you today. That's all I want to do. I want to hang out with you.
- I've been blessed to live through 2 decades with my best friend! Thank you for an amazing 20 years together.
- Sweet Wedding Anniversary Messages for Your Husband
Do you want to write a wedding anniversary message to your husband but are unsure how best to put your romantic feelings into words?
- 40 Great Marriage Anniversary Quotes for Your Spouse
Are you and your spouse celebrating an anniversary? Whether it's your first or 50th, one of these quotes might be the perfect way to add some sentiment to your card or gift as you celebrate your love and reaffirm your relationship.