20th Birthday Wishes to Write in a Card
What to Write in a 20th Birthday Card
A 20th birthday is significant because it comes between the milestones of 18 and 21, is the first year after the teens, and marks a new decade. It's also the last decade before people start making jokes about being old, middle aged, or over the hill.
Since the jokes about being old aren't relevant yet, you'll have to be a little more creative. Inside jokes are great if you know the person well enough, but that's not always possible or appropriate. You can use these 20th wishes if you're stumped.
Happy 20th Birthday Wishes GraphicsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Funny 20th Birthday Wishes
Writing something funny on a birthday card is definitely appropriate and in this case, you just need to say something related to turning 20. These are ideas to help you:
1. Somehow you have survived being a teenager! Congratulations!
2. Did you hear about the 20 year old who was still cool? Yeah, me neither. Happy 20th!
3. You have no excuse to act stupid. You're not a teenage anymore, and you're not old enough to drink.
4. You make 20 look cool!
5. Do you hear that? Your twenties have quietly arrived?
6. I can think of 20 reasons you should have a good birthday.
7. You look so much older than you did last year when you were a teenager.
8. After 20, the decades start flying by.
9. You're no longer at risk for teen pregnancy!
10. You're halfway to 40!
11. I was going to write you a really nice poem for your 20th, but I couldn't figure out any words that rhyme with twentieth. Zenith? Behemoth? Thirtieth?
12. I hope that you will finally start acting like an adult now that you are in your 20's.
13. Just think, only 10 more years until you're 30!
14. You are the youngest 20-year-old I know.
15. You are the perfect age to do anything. Actually, you're just the perfect age, period.
16. What most 30-year-olds wish for on their birthday is to be your age again.
17. You have 10 years until you are 30, but who's counting?
18. 20 years is 10,518,975.3 minutes. It doesn't seem so old when you think about it that way, does it?
20th Birthday Messages
These are more sincere and serious 20th birthday wishes:
1. I hope that your 20th is everything that you dreamed it could be.
2. I can't believe you are in your 20s. I hope this proves to be an excellent decade in your life.
3. May your wisdom increase as you move out of your teenage years.
4. I wish you the best on this milestone birthday.
5. I hope you have 20 blessings on your birthday!
6. God can do great things with you at 20, just as He has done with you already.
7. Happy birthday to one of my favorite people. You are an amazing 20-year-old!
8. I am glad to be able to wish you a happy 20th birthday!
9. Don't have a happy birthday. Have an ecstatic birthday!
10. Welcome to the third decade of your life!
20th Birthday Poems
You're 20 and that's a big deal
Because you're no longer a teen
There's no sadness yet to feel
Your 20s are yet to be seen
20 Looks Good on You
I still can't buy you a beer
But I'll tell you the truth
You're wearing another year
And 20 looks good on you
Change Your View
Being the perfect age must be rough
Being in your physical prime is tough
You're expected to be all grown up
But you're really still just a young pup
20 is just the beginning of getting old
And your next milestone will feel cold
Because 30 is coming soon for you
You'll have to start changing your view
Sincere Birthday Messages
More Birthday Messages
- Just because someone is having a milestone birthday doesn't mean you have to have a specific message that is related to that milestone. You have many options for themes, so don't limit yourself.
- You can focus on your relationship and write a friend birthday message or a coworker birthday message. Or, if it's a family member write a message specifically for your son, daughter, niece, or nephew.
- Writing a birthday quote is a nice way to go if you're unsure of what to write and you don't want to be too personal. Another theme you may want to focus on is inspirational or Christian birthday messages.
- Think about the person you are writing to and come up with a birthday message that fits his or her taste.
Is 20 the Perfect Age?
Is 20 the perfect age? Vote and leave your comments below.
© 2013 Blake Flannery