Second Birthday Wishes, Messages, and Poems to Write in a Card
Writing a card for a two-year-old can feel awkward. Obviously, they don't read at this age, but you know the parents will be reading the message. This creates a few options for you.
- You can direct your message toward the child while keeping in mind it will only be read and understood by the parents until the child is old enough to interpret it.
- Writing a poem is another good idea. Keep it simple and sweet. There's no reason to get abstract or complex with anything you write on a card for a second birthday. Find an example below that you like and model your wording after it.
Example 2nd Birthday Wishes
- Have two times as much fun this year on your birthday!
- Now that you're two, you'll need twice the hugs and kisses from me.
- I know you're turning two, but I still can't figure out what is so terrible about you.
- It's amazing how you've grown since you turned one. I am looking forward to seeing you grow just as much this year.
- Two years ago you were born. Now look at you and all you've learned! You laugh and play and learn in your own special way. Joy to you on your birthday!
- Just think: You have doubled your age in one year. That will never happen again.
- What a magical time to be two years old. Not a care in the world as you explore, learn, and grow.
- You've been around for two years and my life has been enriched by your presence.
- Milestones reached, boundaries pushed, and a smile for your second birthday!
- Even if you weren't turning two, I'd still be glad to be around you.
- Wow! You're two! And look at you. See how far you've come?
- Terrible twos? I guess whoever said that hasn't met you.
- What's so terrible about turning two? You get to be curious and explore.
- Enjoy your birthday toddling around and welcome to the terrible twos!
- A little birdie told me that you are now two years old. What fun that is to be so young when the world still seems so new!
- It's your birthday and you're two! Oh my goodness, what to do? Why, laugh and play! Let's celebrate!
- To my shining star on your birthday. Two years ago you brightened my life. Today you brighten it still more with each beautiful smile and wondrous laugh.
- First steps, first smiles, first laughs, first words: These past two years have been filled with firsts. And the year to come will be filled with more.
- Cake and gifts! Balloons and friends! What more could you ask for when turning two?
- Peek-a-boo! You're turning two! And I love you!
- Oh, it's your birthday my baby! It's your birthday my doll! You're two years old today, now lets celebrate!
Messages for a Boy
- Two-year-old boys are sweet trouble-makers. I love your charm.
- I can think of two reasons you're the coolest kid turning two that I know.
- You're getting bigger every time I see you. You are turning into a little man!
- All the ladies love you, because you are the cutest two-year-old guy I know.
- You are becoming a really handsome guy!
- Stay sweet and innocent. You don't need to be terrible this year.
- Now that you're two, watch out for the younger girls. One-year-old girls drool over handsome older guys like you.
Wishes for a Girl
- There's nothing sweeter on a grandparent's cheek than a kiss from a two-year-old girl.
- You can melt hearts with your adorable two-year-old smile.
- How did you get so smart in only two years?
- Stay sweet as you grow into your new age!
- You aren't just two. You are too cute, too sweet, and too fun!
- Cute is an understatement. You are stinking cute!
Poem About Turning Two
Look at you!
You are turning two!
I hope your day is full of fun,
As you learn, play, and run!
Another 2nd Birthday Poem
It's your birthday
And you're turning two
I hope it's a great one
Enjoy everything you do!