Blake started out scribbling in cards over 30 years ago. Though his handwriting is mostly unchanged, the content has improved.
Thirty years is 262,974 hours. Most people who have been together for 30 years have been together longer than they have not been together. These two people have melted and eroded together into the same stream of time, and there is no undoing the weathering that has occurred.
The significance of a huge milestone accomplishment like 30-years of marriage is difficult to express in words. The following examples are designed to help you express the thoughts and feelings that would otherwise be trapped in your heart and mind.
Messages for a Spouse
- Thanks for continuing to decide to stay married to me for 30 years in a row!
- You have taken up a lot of space in my heart and mind over the last 30 years. You don't just live with me. You live in me.
- We have gotten to know each other well over the last 30 years, but I'm not done learning from you yet.
- 30 years felt like just a few years because time has flown while we've been having fun.
- Well, we've been married for 30 years now. I guess it has been long enough for us to make a well-informed decision about staying together.
- I can't imagine what my life would have been like without you for the last 30 years. I'm looking forward to another great 30 years with you.
- 30 years ago was an awesome day!
- 30 years multiplied by 365 equals the number of days I've been glad I married you. That's 10,950 days, by the way.
- I hope that 30 years is only 30% of how long we'll be married.
- 3 decades down, many more to go!
- How in the world did the time go by so fast? It seems like just yesterday we had only been married for 29 years!
Wishes for Parents, Friends, or Family Members
These are some anniversary messages for parents, other family members, and friends.
- Wow! 30 years is a long time to stay married just so that you can get this card! Happy 30th!
- I bet you feel like you've been married for three decades. That's because you have.
- You guys have been married since the stone age. That's why they call it a "milestone."
- You've had 30 years to create the perfect marriage. Since I know you don't have a perfect marriage yet, you'll need to stay married much longer to keep working on it.
- Congratulations for being together for 10,957 days! That's an accomplishment.
- 30 years is considered a generation. You have been married for an entire generation. Congratulations!
30th Anniversary Quotes
There are not a lot of quotes out there specifically tailored to 30th anniversaries. The following are a handful of quotes that will work well for the occasion. I'll also add a few original ones.
- "Being in a long marriage is a little like that nice cup of coffee every morning—I might have it every day, but I still enjoy it." —Stephen Gaines
- "Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that is a treat." -—Joanne Woodward
- "Our wedding was many years ago. The celebration continues to this day." —Gene Perret
- The best time of a marriage begins after 30 years together.
- 30 years of marriage can feel like a day or an eternity. That's why every married couple should have a time machine.
- It takes a couple years to learn how to talk as a child, but it can take 30 years of marriage to learn how to talk to your spouse.
- What you want in a marriage when you get married isn't always what you want after 30 years of marriage. Change expectations, but don't change spouses.
- The good thing and the bad thing about being married for 30 years is that you're halfway through "til death do us part."
30th Anniversary Poems
These are some simple and short poems you can write in a 30th-anniversary card.
30 years we've been together
Through all types of weather
I'm glad I get to be with you
For the next 30 years too
After three decades, we know each other well
We know the quirks and the pet peeves
We know how to make each other yell
But our strength is what 30 years weaves