50th Anniversary Wishes: What to Write in a Card
50 years is an accomplishment. It's exciting to even know a couple who has been together this long. When it does happen, it's usually almost as if the couple has melted into one unit. When people have been together for more than half of their lives, the couple's identity becomes as significant as each person's distinct identity.
Share your excitement and congratulations with a nice message. Whether it's your own anniversary or your parents', you'll find a variety of ideas of things to write or say. Specific topics include wishes for your wife or husband, messages for the couple, funny messages, and religious messages.
For a Spouse
- You lean on me and I lean on you. What a blessing it is to have someone to lean on for 50 years!
- To my other half, congratulations to you on this marvelous journey of 50 years together.
- To my love, when I look into your eyes, I know your love for me is truly unparalleled. Thank you for 50 wonderful years.
- You are the man of my dreams and I am so happy to be your wife. My dreams have been fulfilled these last 50 years. Happy wedding anniversary, dearest husband.
- After 50 years of marriage, you are still amazing to me! My love for you is forever!
- After 50 years of living together, my heart still races when I see you, and I fall in love with you more each passing day.
- Our 50th wedding anniversary is a time to look back at the wonderful times and look ahead to discover our dreams together.
- I am so blessed to have you as my husband/wife. Happy 50th anniversary to you my darling.
Anniversary Wishes for a Couple
- 50 is nifty when you have a great marriage like yours!
- I can think of 50 reasons you are an amazing couple!
- 50 years means countless opportunities to give up, but you never did. Congratulations for your perseverance.
- Today I wish you both much happiness and joy as you celebrate these 50 wonderful years together.
- Don’t you think 50 years has been long enough to stop acting like newlyweds?
- I think your marriage is finally safe. The statistics of divorce for couples who make it 50 years is almost zero. So, the next 50 should be easy.
- You guys are inspiration for anyone looking for a great example of commitment.
- You guys have to be glass-half-full types of people since your marriage has lasted so long. In terms of time, you are century-half-full types of people.
- I hope there is a special place in heaven for couples like you to spend eternity together.
- If you had a penny for every year you were together, you’d have 50 cents. And I think you’ll need a lot more than that to earn a living. You better keep earning!
- At this point, you each deserve an honorary Ph.D in the study of each other.
- When you first get married, it’s difficult to imagine being married for 50 years to the same person. You two are a shining example of this accomplishment. Congratulations!
- Togetherness is key for a happy marriage as you celebrate 50 years of married life.
- Many congratulations on 50 years of happily married life together.
- We're wishing you a very happy golden wedding anniversary. Your love has stood the test of time for 50 years. Congratulations to you both!
- Happy 50th wedding anniversary! May God grant you more years of togetherness, happiness, and prosperity.
- Many congratulations to both of you on your 50th wedding anniversary. May God bless you richly and fill your life with love and happiness.
- They say that scientists have found that the longer people are married, the more they start to look the same. After 50 years, you will need name tags sewn in your underwear.
- A golden wedding anniversary is the celebration of trust, love, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order may change for any given year.
- Love is the thing that allows a woman to sing while she cleans up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his muddy boots.
- Happy golden anniversary to the one I'll always want, even when I'm too old to remember what I'm supposed to want you for.
- Happy 50th anniversary to a couple of people who maybe shouldn't have gotten married, but somehow made it work all these years. Congratulations!
- I think you are a good example of the kind of commitment God intended in marriages.
- May you continue to stay strong by the faith in the Lord that you both share.
- Congratulations on your golden wedding anniversary. May God shower His love and blessings on you for many years to come.
- I don't know how anyone could stay together as long as you have, unless God helped you do it. Congratulations!
- I pray that your love remain steadfast and continue to grow. Wishing you a blessed, happy 50th wedding anniversary.
- Today is the milestone for 50 years of successful marriage. May God continue to fill your life with more love and happiness.
- Wishing you a wonderful 50th wedding anniversary. God bless you both and fill your life with more love, compassion, and happiness.
- May the good Lord bless you and guide you with His wisdom on your anniversary day. May He always be your steadfast companion from day to day. May your ties of marriage stay strong among all fears. Let your love and friendship for one another be an anchor for each other in today's difficult world.
- I am looking forward to spending eternity with you, my (wife/husband), in heaven enjoying the presence of our Lord.
- No couple is perfect without the grace of God allowing for reconciliation. You two must have felt a lot of grace through all those years together.
Tips for Writing a Great Anniversary Card
These are just a few pointers to help you figure out how to write a great 50th-anniversary message:
- Take your time when choosing a card (especially if it is your own anniversary). Look for one that relates to the couple. If there's a joke in the card that really reminds you of the couple, that's even better.
- Think about if you had been married for 50 years and what you'd like to read in a card. Chances are, whatever you come up with will be a perfect message.
- Relate your message to your gift, if possible. This helps the couple know who gave them what gift later, which is really helpful when you're getting old and can't even remember what you had for breakfast. Seriously though, if you are attending a large party or gathering, it may not hurt to include a short line that refers to your present. For example, "I hope you enjoy the new scrabble game we got you to replace the one that you have that is older than your marriage."
- Always be respectful. Even if you are using humor, don't write anything that you think may offend the person or couple. It's always best to err on the side of caution.