75 Things to Write in a Card to Cheer Someone Up
30 Funny Things to Write in a Card to Cheer Someone Up
If your friend or loved one is moved by humor, then you'll want to write something comical to put that smile back on their face.
Here are 30 Ideas for You:
- I didn't know what to do about life busting your 'you-know-whats,' so I got you these band-aids.
- I think you need something to punch, that's why I'm here.
- This card has magic powers. You get three wishes today. Use them wisely, and make sure that wiping away prints is one!
- I tried to talk to your Fairy Godmother, but she's laying on the back porch with an empty bottle of scotch wearing a T-shirt that says #hopeless. Now I'm worried.
- You should just say WTF and streak.
- I have no answers for you. None. I'm totally useless. I'm going to fail at helping you. My talents are few. Pass the bottle, we'll cry together.
- I'm here to pick you up, take you out, and help you forget all your problems. Actually I'm here to pick you up, let you out and make you someone else's problem!
- You need to relax. I knew when I said that I was asking for a punch in the face. Taking one for the team.
- In a perfect world, there would be no tears. But then there'd be no booze, no parties and no fun after the fire.
- Cheering you up is my mission in life, it seems yours is to make sure I'm never without a mission!
- I have encountered many troubling things in my life, but your long face belongs on the top of the heap! Smile so I can take you out of the lead!
- Smile my pretty, it could be worse. We could lose the power of flight rendering our brooms useless.
- If you think I'm leaving you alone when you're this nuts, you're nuts.
- So you've gone and done it again? Aren't you tired of trying to be the bigger fail between the two of us?
- I'm finally out of the basement, you're officially a bigger handful than I am! Thank you!
- Yesterday I cried because you hurt me, today you're crying because you've been hurt. I see a pattern here!
- I am of the opinion that having an opinion will be ineffective in helping you, thus I'm officially zipping my lips while you rant. Go ahead, rant hard.
- I asked Siri what to do about your situation, you don't want to hear what she said! She's a sicko!
- Have you considered a long hot bath to re-group? I know, that's lame but in my defense, I'm not too bright.
- Being sad is normal, but being happy is more fun, so I'm gonna try and smack the sad outta ya.
- You're not really in bad shape unless your head has spun fully around three times.
- Let's pray for revenge. That's not very nice but it's better karma take care of this than us!
- You are the happiest, kindest funniest person I know. For the first time since I've known you, you're failing at that! I'm finally convinced, you are really human.
- Let's go UFO hunting and see if we can get the hell off this planet.
- If you only knew how awesome you are, you'd be happy that you're sad! I'm tired of being second fiddle, but I'll help you get that awesomeness back ... and take my proper place in second spot behind you Miss Queen.
- I'm here to wear your crown while your life is in the toilet. I'll shine it up for you too. I'll wait patiently until you're back to your crazy, awesome self.
- You know that crown you usually wear? Well, cheer up or I'll claim it as mine!
- Problems are like chocolate, you're best to chew them up and digest them as quickly as possible. But too many will give you the runs. So I brought toilet paper. You're welcome.
- Don't take any crap from anyone. Actually ignore the freaks, you're too good for all of them.
- Problems are like a hurricane, they whip through the air tearing everything up. Wouldn't it be nice to just once BE the HURRICANE! Not fair.
30 Compassionate Things to Write in a Card to Cheer Someone Up
When you want to express a kind and compassionate thought in card to a friend or a loved one who needs cheering up, but can't find the words, choose from this list and make your own card:
- You're one of the most resilient people I know and although that compliment is just words to you right now, I want you to know that to me, you're representative of the kind of person I strive to be in life.
- Even during times of trouble, you inspire me. You are truly a soul this world needs. Hang in there, I'm here for you always.
- We all matter, however you are so special that I want to truthfully say to you, that you matter more. You are a gift to all of us. We will always be here for you.
- In your hour of need, we stopped time to hold you. Your heart is our heart.
- You've given more than most, and you hurt more than most because of it. We want to carry you for this next while.
- Time finds a way to heal, but until much has passed, you hurt. We can't have that, so we've decided to stop the world from spinning, to break all the clocks and wait with you in our arms until it's better.
- If I had one wish it would be that your pain be taken away and given to me. It hurts to see you hurt. May this hug take some of the hurt from your soul.
- I gleefully accept the responsibility of making you smile. You've been there for me, and you know I'm here for you.
- Summertime rain...that's what your tears are. The sun will peek through and you'll get to a place where hope shines. You deserve peace, and it's around the corner.
- Did you know that tears from the eyes are like raindrops from the sky; they wash away imperfections so we can see clearly.
- Your life has been a model for all of us, we want to be here for you, and we are.
- There's no way to have all the answers as to why we have to endure so much, but know that whatever test you're going through right now, you'll pass. You always do, and you always will. You're an incredible person.
- You have traveled a challenging road in this life, and watching you navigate it has been a lesson in endurance. My wish for you is that your future roads are smooth so you can spend the rest of your days enjoying the journey. You deserve it more than anyone I know.
- I've often wondered why we have to go through so much, and I want you to know, I've found the answer .... it's to grow, to learn and to pass on our knowledge in the hopes that the next generation suffers a little less. You've done more than your share of teaching. My wish for you is pure peace from this day forward. No more teaching. You've done your job and made your contribution. Enough.
- Our whole family is convinced you're an earth angel. You have suffered more than most and yet you still find a way to go on. You're inspirational. But we want you to know, it's time to pass the torch and for you to live the rest of your life with only smiles and sunshine.
- In one minute a life can change, we are hoping that your life can change for the good in one of those minutes.
- Anything is possible and I want you to know that I am grateful to have held you in my arms and in my heart, and I will continue to do that with every last breath I take.
- It's hard for you because you carry the weight for the family, and most everyone thinks you lead a perfect life with no problems. As your friend I want you to know that I see you, and most of all, I see the weight you carry. What you carry isn't fair. But you don't complain and get the job done. When you fall down, I also see that most of the people around you haven't noticed, but again, I want you to know, I see it all. I'm here for you. Use my shoulder. I won't judge. I just want to be that shoulder you desperately need when no one sees. I'll only listen, and hug you.
- Your heart is hurting, and because of that, so is mine. Let me in. I won't speak. I'll listen. Or we don't have to talk - we can sit in silence.
- There is no way to get through this life without tears, without pain. If I had a wish today, I would wish for your pain to be replaced with a free and happy spirit.
- We feel sunshine, we see sunshine. May you feel and see sunshine again. You deserve it.
- Cheering you up, that's my only goal in life right now. Your smiling face, your quirky humor and your silly ways ... we want them back not just for you, but for us too. We miss you, but we understand, and we're here for as long as you need us.
- Your scars are many, and it's not fair. Let's see what we can do to quickly heal this wound and make it the last scar you'll ever have to endure.
- You have carried the fault of others with you, and done so with grace and humility that only a rare few are capable of doing. You are an inspiration, but it's time for your break. You've earned a holiday from all the strain put on you. May that holiday last for the rest of your life. You've done enough.
- There is always hope. It's hard to see it sometimes, but it's always alive. Always. Renewal is the way of the world, and renewal will be your way through this.
- Cheering you up make me sad, because I really wish it was unnecessary. So I'm going to tap dance 'til you feel better. You're an incredible person who deserves at least that.
- I'm here to give you hugs, a hand-up and hopefully a way out. You're in my thoughts and you are my main focus 'til we get you through this.
- To get you through this, we're sending only the best vibes the universe has to offer. You're hopefulness is our top priority. We love you.
- Sometimes life takes a wrong turn, and we find ourselves face down in the dirt. That's ok, we've all been there. I'm here to give you a hand up, help you to the shower, and to guide your face arched back towards the sun.
- We love you. In more ways than you may realize, and although you can't see clearly right now, we want you to know, that our love is unfailing and constant.
15 Light and Fun Things to Write in a Card to Cheer Someone Up
If you're not looking to be overtly comical or too deep in your message, here are a collection of things to write in a card that aren't too serious.
Choose the most suitable light and fun thing to write in your card to cheer up your friend or family member from this list:
- You're gonna get through this, you're a fierce combo of strong and stubborn.
- Problems are like peanuts, you remove the shell, eat them up and spit them out.
- Everyone knows that when you're down, you're never out. We have total faith in you.
- Your temporary glitch in life, is just that, temporary. You're infamous when it comes to solving problems. We just want you to know, we're sending good vibes your way.
- To cheer you up, I wanted to buy you a new car, pay off all your debts and send you on an all expense paid trip to a beach far away .... but I know you prefer this hug.
- Swimming across the ocean, climbing the highest mountains and reaching for the stars are like three easy things on your to do list - you'll lick this problem, it's inevitable.
- Picture a big saucy grin, that's me trying to virtually cheer you up.
- On the road of life, you're the driver. You'll speed right through this bump.
- Take a look in the mirror, that's the hero in all of our lives. You'll overcome this. We know it.
- So you're not a happy camper, well let's go camping and change that.
- A little birdie told me there's a frown on your face. I'm sending you this card with some cheery chirps.
- You're only down not out, so keep your chin up and remember, it'll get better from here.
- When you are alone and sad, call me, we can talk for hours 'til you feel better.
- Your smiles make everyone feel better, so now we're returning the favor by smiling for you.
- Your problems are my problems, so let's get through them together.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Barbara Tremblay Cipak