Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
Birthdays should be one of the most joyous events in someone’s life. They are a special moment to show love, companionship, and gratitude to the celebrants. Additionally, birthdays offer a happy moment to rejoice with loved ones.
Are you having difficulty coming up with a meaningful birthday message for your mother-in-law? Find inspiration for how to say happy birthday to her in this guide, including:
- Meaningful messages for your mother-in-law
- Examples of what to write in a birthday card for your boyfriend's mom
- Religious birthday wishes
Things to Consider When Writing a Birthday Card for Your Mother-in-Law
- Be positive—birthdays can be one of the most important moments of her life.
- Send long, meaningful messages that will make her big day feel special.
- Help her feel loved and respected.
- Show appreciation to her for being there and supporting you.
- Remember to wish her all the best in life.
- If she has religious beliefs, you can send prayers for God's mercy in her life.
Meaningful Messages From a Daughter-in-Law
- On your [insert year] birthday, I wish you all the best in life. Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to be thankful for all the good things that you do. Happy birthday to my wonderful mother-in-law!
- Happy birthday to one of the most fun-loving and caring people in my life. Thank you so much for always making me happy—I really appreciate it.
- You're the reason for all the love, comfort, and happiness in our marriage. Thank you so much for your positive influence in our lives. Happy birthday!
- I'm so happy to be celebrating the birthday of the most amazing person anyone could ever ask for. There is no doubt you’re one of the secrets to our happy home. I love you!
- I’m very proud to say you’re the most kindhearted parent I have ever known. Thanks for always being caring and supportive. Happy birthday!
- A good person like you is not easy to come by in this world. Thanks for being such a good mother-in-law to me. I wish you good health and all the best in life as you continue to grow into a more and more amazing person every day. Happy birthday!
- You’re such a caring and loving mother-in-law. When we were going through a tough time, you stood by us, lifted our spirits, and strengthened our marriage to help it stand the test of time. I'm so blessed that you're always there for us, encouraging us and teaching us how to live a happy life together.
- Happy birthday to my wonderful mother-in-law! Thank you for accepting me as a member of your family.
- Happy birthday to my second mom! I want to use this occasion to say thank you for bringing light, love, and hope to this home. You’re the best marriage counselor I've ever known!
- I am so pleased to be a member of your family, so let’s celebrate your birthday together with everything you have ever wished for. Thanks for being caring and thoughtful. I love you, mom!
- Life as a couple could have been difficult to cope with if you had not shared some of your life experiences with us. Thanks for always being there. Happy birthday!
We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
— Thornton Wilder
- Today marks another milestone in your life. You are the embodiment of good virtues and a shining example to others. I wish you all the best as you celebrate your birthday today. Thanks for your support—I love you. Happy birthday!
- Your words are so touching and kind. Your brilliant smiles always bring me joy. Your presence in our married life has brought us nothing but happiness. Thank you so much for always being so thoughtful and supportive. Have a wonderful birthday!
- Today is a perfect day to let you know that you are such an amazing mother-in-law and you possess every positive quality one could look for in a caring parent. I wish you a very happy birthday!
- You are so wonderful to me. May your special day be filled with happiness and love!
- You have no idea how much of a difference you have made in our lives. I’m extremely grateful for every smile you put on my face by being caring and friendly to me. Happy birthday!
- Here’s wishing a very special person a joyous birthday. I'm exceedingly grateful for your assistance with raising the kids while I'm working full time. Thanks for being my second mom ever since the wedding!
- Cheers to the most caring person I have ever known. Your kind words are so inspiring. Thank you, and happy birthday!
- May this new day bring long life, wisdom, and the capacity to play your motherly role that you know how to do best! Happy birthday, mom!
- Hooray! I wish you good health, great accomplishments, and all the best today and beyond! Happy birthday!
- I wish you a wonderful birthday and many more years of fun, happiness, and knowledge as your wisdom continues to grow throughout the years.
- Mom, life with you is such an amazing and beautiful experience. Have a fun-filled birthday!
- Today is your special day to celebrate with family and friends. Remember that you are older today than yesterday but younger than tomorrow. Have a wonderful celebration with lots of sweet memories!
Having you as my mother-in-law is such a blessing.
Birthday Messages From a Son-in-Law
- Today is such a special day in my life, for it marks the birthday celebration of the kindest, most loving and generous mother in the world.
- Well wishes to my dearest mother-in-law. May you have a fun-filled birthday celebration!
- I pray that the years to come will be filled with more beautiful things than you could ever dream of. Happy birthday!
- My dearest and most caring mother-in-law, we celebrate you, appreciate you, and treasure you always. I'll never let you down. Happy birthday!
- Having you as my mother-in-law is a blessing to me. May all your dreams and wishes come true! Thanks so much and have a great day, ma!
- I have gained so much from your moral and positive attitudes. You’re truly a role model to my wife. Thank you and enjoy your birthday celebration, my dearest mother-in-law!
- You’re not only a mother-in-law but more of a mother to me. Thank you for accepting me for who I am. Happy birthday!
- May your special day be filled with sweet memories and every beautiful thing that you wished for!
May all your wishes come true.
- You have been an inspiration. Your achievements have been remarkable. I see myself as a lucky person for having you as my mother-in-law. Many happy returns of the day!
- We really appreciate the good examples you have provided to us and our children. May you have good health and strength to continue your wonderful work in our lives! Happy birthday!
- Thank you for taking good care of me; I appreciate all your tender love and kindness. I wish you a wonderful day today and on all birthdays to come. Happy birthday!
- Thanks for loving me unconditionally. Here's wishing you a day that is as special as you are. Have a wonderful birthday celebration!
- Words can neither qualify nor quantify the love, care, and support that you have shown to me and my children. You are one in a million. We love you. Happy birthday to the most precious mother-in-law in the world!
- May the days of your life be filled with fun, good health, and happiness! I love you, and I always will. I hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration!
- You have always been so special to me, and I would like to say I appreciate how wonderful you've been since the wedding day. Happy birthday!
- Lots of hugs and kisses for the most wonderful woman. I wish you lots of peace and joy this year and in all the years to come. Have a wonderful birthday celebration!
- May all your special requests be granted and your home filled with happiness and love! Happy birthday!
- Special birthday greetings to an amazing woman I cherished so much. I wish all your best wishes come true as you mark your [insert year] birthday today. Have a memorable birthday!
- Congratulations, and I wish you many more fruitful years to come. Happy birthday!
- Your kindness and love have endeared you into my heart forever. Happy birthday and many happy returns of the day!
- Today is a special day to let you know how much you mean to me. I appreciate all that you have done for me. Happy birthday!
- I am delighted to celebrate with you on your birthday. Many happy returns of the day!
- Thanks for teaching us the right way of doing things as a couple. I have never felt happier than I do at this moment. Happy cheers to you, mummy!
- If I had been associated with the wrong mother-in-law then I would have been a heartless person by now. Thanks for teaching me how to do the right thing. I love you and wish you all the very best in life. Happy birthday!
Heartfelt Messages for a Future Mother-in-Law From a Girlfriend
Here are some ideas for what to write in a birthday card for your boyfriend's mom:
- To my caring and wonderful mother-in-law-to-be, you have achieved a great milestone. Here’s wishing you happiness, sound health, and many more great accomplishments today and beyond. Happy birthday!
- Congratulations on your [insert year] birthday! Have a wonderful birthday!
- Today is the perfect day to let you know that you are the most caring parent I have ever known. You set a fantastic example for any woman. Congrats as you mark your [insert age] birthday!
- Ever since I met you and your son, my life has changed for the better. Thank you for making a such big difference in my life. I hope you’ll continue to be a blessing in my life for many years to come!
- Mom, do you know how much comfort and happiness your simple acts of kindness have given me? Congratulations on being such a wonderful parent, and happy birthday!
- Your love for the underprivileged has endeared you into many hearts. Congratulations, and have a blessed birthday!
Religious Birthday Wishes for a Mother-in-Law
- We give thanks to the Lord for keeping you alive to witness this great day. My humble self and the rest of my household rejoice with you as you reach this milestone age. Happy birthday!
- The words of God have always been your guiding light. Happy birthday to my humble mother-in-law!
- May God continue to strengthen you and be your helper as you add another year today!
- God has shown me a great example of how to be a humble and caring mother-in-law in the future. May God bless you!
- Enjoy your special day and rest well. May God’s light shine upon you, bless you with good health, and keep you for many more years to come!
- May the Lord bless you and grant you many more years of sound health, prosperity, and liveliness! Happy birthday!
- May this milestone age that you reach today mark the beginning of even more great accomplishments in your life.
- It’s a blessing to have an awesome mother-in-law like you in my life. May the Lord bless you more than the number of times that you have touched the lives of the needy around you!
- God answered all my prayers by giving me a caring husband and a wonderful mother-in-law. I hope you have an awesome birthday that’s filled with fun and happiness.
- As you turn a year older today, may God open a new stage of opportunities and strength for you! I’m proud of you. Happy birthday!
- A woman of faith will always be victorious in whatever she lays her hands upon. May His grace stay with you for many more years to come! Have a blessed birthday!
- On your [insert year] birthday, I wish to add my voice in appreciating God for His love, compassion, and grace in your life.
Birthday Gift Ideas for a Mother-in-Law
© 2014 Oyewole Folarin
Nell Rose from England on August 02, 2014:
I love your Mother Birthday wishes, my mum passed on back in 1999, so I really miss giving her gifts, nell
Oyewole Folarin (author) from Lagos on July 30, 2014:
@Sunshine625, I pray God grant your mom eternal rest. Thanks for the comment.
Linda Bilyeu from Orlando, FL on July 30, 2014:
I think the best gift some one could give their mother for her birthday is to spend the day with her. I wish I could give that gift to me mom, but she passed on in 2002. I continue to celebrate her birthday with a cake and a song.