Birthday Wishes for Co-Workers and Bosses: What to Write in a Card
Writing a Card for Someone at Work: One More Task to Add to Your Workday
If you can't think of what to write in your co-worker or boss's birthday card, you're probably not alone. Co-workers and bosses aren't easy to write to because you may not know them well. It's best to keep it professional.
Another problem is that these types of birthdays seem to creep up at the last minute. You usually find out from another co-worker the day of and need to write something in a card now.
You don't have hours to research what you should write. If you're here, then you've come to the right place for ideas. Depending on your relationship, your approach to co-workers may differ from your approach to your boss, so you'll find suggestions for both below.
Funny Birthday Wishes for Bosses
- Happy birthday to my favorite boss!
- Since it's your birthday, I get to to tell you what to do for a change: I want you to have a great birthday!
- It's no fun when you have to work on your birthday. "When the cat's away, the mice will play!"
- I'm right on time giving you a birthday card, just like I'm always on time coming into work, right?
- Sometimes I forget that you are actually human with all the work you do, but your birthday proves that you are a human being after all.
- Since it's your birthday, it's business as usual. We'll all do what you want us to do.
- We're looking forward to you taking a day off for your birthday just as much as you are.
Sincere Boss Birthday Messages
- I appreciate your leadership in our organization, but we'll try to get by for one day so you can enjoy your birthday.
- I hope you have a chance to relax a little on your birthday. You work hard enough every other day.
- Have fun away from the office.
Funny Birthday Wishes for a Co-Worker
- I hope you have a good birthday, because tomorrow I go back to work too...trying to get you to do all my work for me.
- If you’ve been working here as long as you say you have, then you must have started when you were 5 years old. They must not have had child labor laws back then.
- Getting to work with someone as awesome as me should be the only birthday present you need, and it even lasts all year long.
- Another year and another excuse to do less work than your younger co-workers.
- You are disproving all those people who say that older workers aren't worth their pay. You're worth just as much as you were yesterday, when you were a year younger.
- You’re my favorite co-worker whose birthday is today.
- The only reason to work on your birthday is to have even more money to party with on your birth night.
- Consider the money in this card your annual raise. If you want more, then you’ll have to work harder next year.
Sincere Co-Worker Messages
- I'm glad that co-workers like you were born.
- I hope you work as hard at having a fun birthday as you do at doing your job. Then you'll definitely have a great birthday.
- Happy birthday to someone who deserves a day off! I appreciate working with you, and hope you enjoy your birthday.
- Even though I don't know you as well as I'd like to, I'd like to wish you a happy birthday.
- No one deserves a relaxing birthday more than the hardest worker I know. By the way, could you work for me on my birthday?
Having a co-worker like you is like having my birthday every day. You are a true gift here at work.
Thanks for making work fun even on days I don’t feel like coming in to work.
Happy birthday! You are a great co-worker and a great friend!
What to Write if You Consider Your Boss or Co-Worker a Friend
- Birthday Messages: What to Write in a Birthday Card
What should you write in the birthday card? Here are over 90 examples of birthday messages, wishes, and quotes organized by category, including funny, milestone, belated, family, quotes, etc.