Blake started out scribbling in cards over 30 years ago. Though his handwriting is mostly unchanged, the content has improved.
What to Write in a Coworkers Birthday Card
If you can't think of what to write in your co-worker or boss's birthday card, you're probably not alone. Co-workers and bosses aren't easy to write to because you may not know them as well as say, your close friends and family. For this reason, it's usually best to keep it professional.
Another problem is that these types of birthdays seem to creep up at the last minute. You usually find out from another co-worker on the day-of and need to write something in a card fast.
You don't have hours to research what you should write. If you're here, then you've come to the right place for ideas. Depending on your relationship, your approach for writing to co-workers may differ from your approach for writing to your boss. Suggestions for both scenarios are included below.
Funny Birthday Wishes for Bosses
- Happy birthday to my favorite boss!
- Since it's your birthday, I get to to tell you what to do for a change: I want you to have a great birthday!
- It's no fun when you have to work on your birthday. "When the cat's away, the mice will play!"
- I'm right on time giving you a birthday card, just like I'm always on time coming into work, right?
- Sometimes I forget that you are actually human with all the work you do, but your birthday proves that you are a human being after all.
- Since it's your birthday, it's business as usual. We'll all do what you want us to do.
- We're looking forward to you taking a day off for your birthday just as much as you are.
Sincere Birthday Messages for a Boss
- I appreciate your leadership in our organization, but we'll try to get by for one day without it so you can enjoy your birthday.
- I hope you have a chance to relax a little on your birthday. You work hard enough every other day.
- Have fun away from the office.
Funny Birthday Wishes for a Co-Worker
- I hope you have a good birthday, because tomorrow I go back to work too. . . trying to get you to do all my work for me.
- If you’ve been working here as long as you say you have, then you must have started when you were 5 years old. They must not have had child labor laws back then.
- Getting to work with someone as awesome as me should be the only birthday present you need, and it even lasts all year long.
- Another year and another excuse to do less work than your younger co-workers.
- You are disproving all those people who say that older workers aren't worth their pay. You're worth just as much as you were yesterday when you were a year younger.
- You’re my favorite co-worker whose birthday is today.
- The only reason to work on your birthday is to have even more money to party with on your birth-night.
- Consider the money in this card your annual raise. If you want more, then you’ll have to work harder next year.
Sincere Birthday Messages for a Coworker
- I'm glad that co-workers like you were born.
- I hope you work as hard at having a fun birthday as you do at doing your job. Then you'll definitely have a great birthday.
- Happy birthday to someone who deserves a day off! I appreciate working with you, and hope you enjoy your birthday.
- Even though I don't know you as well as I'd like to, I'd like to wish you a happy birthday.
- No one deserves a relaxing birthday more than the hardest worker I know. By the way, could you work for me on my birthday?
- Having a co-worker like you is like having my birthday every day. You are a true gift here at work.
- Thanks for making work fun even on days I don’t feel like coming in to work.
- Happy birthday! You are a great co-worker and a great friend!
What to Write if You Consider Your Boss or Co-Worker a Friend
- Birthday Messages: What to Write in a Birthday Card
What should you write in the birthday card? Here are over 90 examples of birthday messages, wishes, and quotes organized by category, including funny, milestone, belated, family, quotes, etc.
mjkearn on May 27, 2012:
Read More From Holidappy
great hub and great info. I'm always stuck in these situations, not any more. Thanks for sharing and for writing. Voting up,
Melanie Chisnall from Cape Town, South Africa on May 09, 2012:
Loved this - made me laugh. I wish we could put a few of those in the bosses Birthday card! Thanks for sharing :)
Nancy Yager from Hamburg, New York on May 09, 2012:
I am always and forever impressed by you imagination. Keep up the good work and may you sell many cards.
Charlotte B Plum on May 09, 2012:
Oh how f
Life Under Construction from Neverland on May 09, 2012:
Interesting... I love the funny wishes! :)
kelleyward on May 09, 2012:
Hi Blake, I work from home now but I'm sharing this with my friends who have coworkers in the office. Voted up and shared. Take care, Kelley
TANJIM ARAFAT SAJIB from Bangladesh on May 08, 2012:
You have selected an interesting topic. I like the "Funny Coworker Wishes." Really nice hub as well. Thanks to you for your different thinking.