Birthday Wishes to Write in a Kid's Birthday Card
What to Write in a Kid's Birthday Card
Usually, kids are much more excited about their birthdays than adults are. For children, birthdays are a true celebration, and each birthday is considered a milestone, even if it isn't a round number. Birthdays for kids involve a recognition of growth, not just aging. And with that growth comes new experiences, abilities, responsibilities, and levels of trust.
Below you will find birthday messages for the following kids:
- Small children
- School-aged kids
Birthday Wishes for Young Kids
Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, and temperaments. These birthday messages are for the small and young type, the 1st, 2nd, 3rd through the 5th birthday. For these kids, it's a good idea to keep your message short and sweet, just like the kids:
- As you grow, we hope you know our love is growing too!
- I hope that when today is all done, you can say that your birthday was fun.
- You're getting so big, I can't believe it!
- Take a big breath like a gasping fish. Blow out your candles and make a wish.
- You are my favorite birthday boy/girl, and I want a big hug!
- Today, you're the superstar of the party. I hope you have fun!
- You're the cutest __ year-old I know.
- You are the star of the day. Shine bright like your cute smile.
- You just keep getting more cool each year.
- For a girl: You are the birthday princess, and we hope it's a magical day.
- For a boy: You are growing up and becoming a little man!
Birthday Wishes for School-Aged Kids
School-aged kids will be able to read your birthday message, so you can put a lot of thought into it. Consider using one of these:
- You're getting older today and that's cool, but you're still not old enough to quit going to school.
- Forget your homework and forget making your bed, it's your birthday and it's time to party!
- More responsibility comes with each passing year, but you are getting smarter so you have nothing to fear.
- It's really fun to see you grow older!
- I remember when you were born, and I can't believe you are already __ years old.
- Our greatest gift is being blessed with you for our child.
- Students look forward to new friends at school. Writing new letters is certainly cool. The thing to remember is that you are a jewel! Have a happy birthday and don't be a fool.
- Seconds make minutes, and minutes make hours. Hours make days, and days make months. Months make years with smiles and cheers. Here comes another happy year!
For a Son
These messages can be used for your son on his birthday:
- This last year has been a fast one. We're proud of all that you've done. We're really glad that you're our son. We hope your birthday is really fun.
- I was going to write something in your card that is sappy, but since you're my son I'll just wish that your birthday is happy!
- I have a birthday gift for you, but you have been a birthday gift for me as a parent for __ years.
- You are making us more and more proud with each year that goes by.
- We hope you're as excited about your birthday this year as we were the day you were born. It was a magical miracle to meet you.
- May God continue to guide you and bless you as you grow as a person. Happy birthday!
- You're growing up so fast, I'm starting to feel old. It's worth seeing you become the wonderful young man that you've become.
Birthday wishes for a stepson:
- I love having you as a stepson. I hope your birthday is a fun one.
- Even though I didn't give birth to you, you are special to me, and I'm so proud of the little man you are becoming.
For a Daughter
These messages can be used for your daughter's birthday card:
- It's easy to see how much of a blessing you are to your family, friends, and others. We are really proud to have you as our daughter.
- Eat as much cake as you can without having to hurl. Have fun on your birthday. You're my special little girl.
- We can see that you are growing in maturity, character, and intelligence at a much faster rate than your are aging. We are excited to see what comes from you.
- Daughters like you are an inspiration to those who know you. I am one person you motivate to do my best. Have an awesome birthday!
- The day you were born was one of the happiest days of my life, and your birthdays will always be very special. You are a priceless gift.
Birthday wishes for stepdaughter:
- I am very happy to be able to call you my stepdaughter. I hope your birthday is a special time. Have a blast!
- I may be your stepparent, but I am just as proud of what you've become as I could be. You are blossoming into a beautiful young lady with great character. Happy birthday!
Themes for Kid's Birthday Messages
What is the best theme for your message in a kid's birthday card?See results without voting
- Birthday Messages: What to Write in a Birthday Card
What should you write in the birthday card? Here are over 90 examples of birthday messages, wishes, and quotes organized by category, including funny, milestone, belated, family, quotes, etc.
More by this Author
These are more than 90 examples of things to write in a birthday card. Let these birthday messages, wishes, and quotes help you figure out what to write. Some are funny and others sincere.
These are examples of what to write in a birthday card message to your mom. These birthday wishes include sincere and funny messages, sayings, quotes, and poems for mothers.
These are more than 30 examples of what to write in retirement cards or say in a speech honoring a retiree. Be funny, inspirational, or nostalgic.