Birthday Card Messages for Your Husband or Boyfriend
Birthday Messages for the Man in Your Life
Celebrating a birthday with the man in your life soon? Here are some ideas for what to write in a birthday card for your husband or boyfriend.
Sometimes you're after something humorous. Or maybe you are looking for something a bit more serious and sentimental. In this article, I've given you some ideas and inspiration for what to write in your man's birthday card. Special poems or songs can be sweet gifts too. I'll give you a head start on trying some of these out for your guy.
Ideas for Funny Messages to Write in Your Card
- We've been together so long even your farts and burps don't bother me anymore. Here's to celebrating another year with my true love.
- When I look at you lately, I realize we really are growing old together. A dream come true with my dreamy man. Happy Birthday.
- When we met, I thought I knew you were the one. But then again, we were at that party with all those fun drinks. But now I can soberly say, I really know you are the perfect match for me. Happy birthday to my man.
- My favorite thing about your parents is that they had you!
- I'm so glad we get to celebrate birthdays together. Twice the cake!
- Thoughtful. Funny. Smart. Cute. How did you end up with me? Happy birthday to a lucky guy!
- Peanut butter and jelly. Cheese and wine. Beer and pretzels. You and me. There are some things that were just made for each other. I think we make the perfect pair.
- You get more handsome every day. Believe me! Would I ever lie to you on your birthday? I didn't think so . . . .
- I got myself a new dress for your birthday! You're welcome!
- I tried to get you the moon for your birthday, but then I realized we didn't have any space for it in our tiny apartment. So for today I'll just give you a kiss. It's more practical.
- Gosh I just feel so lucky that I get to celebrate your birthday because it means you exist! And we're together! And I love you! Happy birthday sweetheart.
- Happy birthday to the man who chased me until I caught him!
10 Romantic Quotes About Love
- You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. — Dr. Seuss
- "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." — John Lennon
- "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." — A. A. Milne
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." — Herman Hesse
- "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." — When Harry Met Sally
- "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." — Lao Tzu
- "When two people love each other, they don't look at each other, they look in the same direction." — Ginger Rogers
- "You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear." — Oscar Wilde
- "Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'" — Erich Fromm
- "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." — Mother Teresa
Heartwarming Birthday Messages
- Happy Birthday. Your love is one of my favorite presents in life.
- We've now been together for longer than we were without each other. Here's to getting to spend another year together. (You will have to do some math to do this one: for example: If you've been together for 25 years and you are 45, you've been together 25 and apart 20, so this saying would work. If you've been together for 15 years and your age is 30, you've been together for the same amount of time as you've been apart.)
- Happy birthday to the only man I know who still looks good in his original skinny jeans from the 70s. You rock!
- Today I get to celebrate the one person that knows me better than anyone else and still chooses to love me. Thank you for your love and patience with me. I am so lucky to have you in my life.
- Your life is an inspiration to me. Each year you impress me with the way you treat me and our family, work toward helping others, fulfill your job and home responsibilities, and pursue your passions. Happy birthday to a truly exceptional person.
- My life hasn't been the same since I met you. Places we go are more fun. The time we spend with friends seems more full of energy. Conversations seem more meaningful. My days are richer. You make the difference. Happy Birthday to wonderful you.
- Can't wait to keep holding hands with you for another hundred years.
- We used to be "the cute couple," and now we are "that cute old couple." It doesn't bother me a bit to be growing older. I am so happy that I get to grow old with you.
- You are the love of my life. Love didn't make sense until I met you and noticed the way you treat me and others around you. Thank you for the patience and kindness you show me. And thank you for being a model to me of how to love others.
- To say that you are mine is the proudest statement I can make. I love having you, and knowing I get to keep you as mine. Forever.
Stand by You
If we were together forever that'd be all right with me.
If we stayed close for all of time, well I think that'd be just fine.
If we grew old side by side, heck that sounds sublime.
Year after year, I'll still draw you near.
You're the man I want to stand by.
- Even though we've been together for a long time, you still find ways to make me feel special. Happy birthday!
- There are a lot of reasons that I love your birthday, but the cherry on top of all the cake and presents and party is that I get to spend another day with my wonderful man.
- I love you more every day and I am so lucky to have you in my life. Happy birthday.
- If I weren't with you already, I know that I'd be looking for someone like you. You are so wonderful and special to me, and I find something new to love about you every day.
- You are my partner, my love, and my inspiration. I am still so over the moon for you. Happy birthday, darling.
- Seeing you is always one of the highlights of my day. I hope you have a wonderful birthday.
- There are so many little things that you do every day that make me so happy to be with you. I hope you know on your birthday (and every day) that you are a unique and remarkable person that brings joy to many people (including me!)
- You bring the party with you no matter where you go or what day it is.
- I am so thankful for the way that we have grown together over the years. Your birthday is just another reminder of the wonderful things to come.
- Your smile lights up my world.
- I feel happier knowing that you are by my side. Happy birthday to the man who supports me more than anyone else.
- Growing older with you has been such a fun adventure, and I can't wait to see where it takes us next.
- The weather is always sunnier when I'm with you. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!
- Each season of life brings its own pain and pleasures. I'm blessed to be able to share them with someone I admire, respect, and love. Happy birthday, sweetheart.
- Loving you was the best decision I ever made. Happy birthday.
Happy birthday sweetheart, I think you're looking fine. Your hair's a little thinner, unlike your waistline. But still your eyes they sparkle, as they look in mine
And still your hands they hold me, just like the very first time. Every day we grow into a bigger love and every day I thank God for sending you from above. You're the man who makes my life every day more sweet and you're the man who's own half makes my heart complete.
Birthday Text Messages
- Just a birthday text to say hey there birthday boy. You're looking especially fine today. Hope your b-day is as wonderful as you!
- U + ME = :) Happy birthday!
- T-shirt and shorts. Suit and tie. Jacket and scarf. You look good no matter what you wear (especially with me by your side ;) ) Happy b-day!
- Boo! It's your birthday! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
- Happy birthday to the only man that I trust my heart with.
- You are the boyfriend of my dreams. It's even better that you're real!
- You have a special place in my heart. In fact, pretty much the entire thing is yours. Happy birthday.
- Sending you a hug and kiss via text! You'll have to redeem those in person later on.
- Just wanted to let you know that I've got your back, today and every day. Happy birthday, sweetie.
Birthday Poems and Songs
You may also be interested in writing a special poem or song for your special someone. Try rewording old favorites like, "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue . . . (you fill in the blanks!)" Acrostic poems are also a simple but meaningful way to highlight the favorite traits of your man.
There are also some other poems below and throughout this article that you can either use or get inspiration from to tell your man just how much you love him.
1. Roses are red, violets are blue,
There's no better kiss, than one from my dude.
2. Roses are red, violets are blue,
You hate flowers, but I love you.
3. Roses are red, violets are blue,
Who better for me to grow old with than you!
Acrostic poems use the first letter of the person's name to begin each line or phrase of the poem.
Example: For Brian
- Ready to help with the kids
- Insists on making us a priority
- Able to fix any household problem
- Notices the best in people
A Little Gift for You
Today is your birthday, my love, my dear, and I got you a little gift.
It's not quite new, but I thought I'd show you, just how to use it.
These are my hands, they're yours to hold at any hour of the day.
These are my arms, they go around you, to try to make you stay.
These are my shoulders, you can rest on them when you're feeling low.
This is my back, it's strong you know, to hold some of your sorrow.
These are my feet, they'll walk to you, no matter how far you are.
These are my legs, they'll help with the journey, even if I use a car.
These are my eyes, they see only you, and they miss you when you're away.
These are my lips, they're yours to kiss, and for me to use to say.
My heart is yours, that you know, and your name is my heartbeat.
So that's your present, it's all of me, because it's you that makes me complete.
The Whitest Dove
Walk with me, talk with me, you my dearest love.
We'll walk on through the garden and find the whitest dove.
Do you remember how you'd run your fingers through my hair?
Or how we'd sit for hours and hours and in your eyes I'd stare?
The world was just the two of us; it was made for you and me.
The world was just the two of us, walking near the sea.
Older now we've grown somehow, and our world has grown up too.
We've laughed and cried, parts of us have died, and others have come up new.
Our love has aged but it will never grow old, walking near the sea.
Because within it, now it holds, something better than just you or just me.
Have a special song that reminds you of him?
Perhaps you could rewrite the words to the chorus and sing it to him. This personal touch is guaranteed to be special.
If met at an event that was tied to a certain musical group, concert, or themed party, you could also try working these into your birthday gift or messages.
Cakes and Other Fun Ways to Celebrate (Besides the Card)
Now that you have some good card ideas, here are a few other random and fun ideas for celebrating!
Baking his favorite cake is a given. But does he like several desserts? Surprise him by making mini versions of several yummy treats for a dessert buffet. Most craft and hobby stores sell small sizes of all sorts of baking necessities. Of course online searches will offer even more options. Little cookies, little cupcakes, a small pie, AND a small cake.... mmmm.... Yes, please.
Another cake option: order a cake with an action hero on it. Men of all ages can relate to action heroes. Want to be serious and sentimental? Choose an action hero that reminds you of your man and then write a sentimental message on the cake (i.e. Superman cake with words, "You will always be my superman.") Want to be funny? Pick a lesser known superhero (some have quite silly super powers) or ask your man's mother which superhero was his favorite growing up and order that one.
Some Fun Things to Write on the Cake
- You're sweeter than cake.
- Don't cut me! Save me!
- I love you more than this cake, even though the cake is richer.
- You are the frosting of my life. And the cake.
- Cake is the best part of a party, and you are the best part of my life.
- I love you like a fat kid loves cake. I am the fat kid.
- Life without you is like a party without cake.
- You take the cake!
- I love you!
- U R the GR8TEST.
Streamers and banners are good. I guess. But why not do something a little different. Here are some ideas on how to make your birthday celebration stand out:
- Silly String. Go to the dollar store and buy cans of silly string. Give each member of the birthday bash a can of silly string and instruct everyone to spray the birthday person at the end of the singing of the "Happy Birthday" song. Guaranteed laughs to follow.
- Silly String Twist. A little twist on the "squirt the birthday person with silly string" is having a backyard silly string fight with all family members involved. This is fun and competitive.
- Balloons. Consider buying balloons that number the same number of years the birthday person is celebrating. Your birthday hubby or boyfriend is 67? Great. 67 balloons will look stellar in the entryway (or shower or bathroom) of your home when he comes home from work.
- Trophies: Go to Goodwill or a garage sale (church rummage sales are great for this) and buy any random old trophies you can find. Bowling trophies, trophies where someone is holding a torch, it doesn't matter — any ol' trophy will do. Next, think of something new to have engraved on the trophy's base. Most towns have a sports shop or an awards shop that will do the engraving for a small price. Your man is bound to love his new, custom trophy.
On Earth in Love
Rain or shine, I'm so glad you're mine.
When the weather's blue, at least I've got you.
There may be clouds up above but down here I'm in love
With a man that is simply quite grand.