Example Birthday Wishes for a Wife or Girlfriend
What to Write in Your Wife or Girlfriend's Birthday Card
Knowing what to write to your girlfriend or wife on her birthday can be a challenge. Even if you grab the fanciest, most expensive-looking card for her, you still have to figure out what ti write in it. your message will mean the most to your partner if it's personal, handwritten, and sincere. If you are married, think of this as a test to see how well you know her. Don't mess this up! Just kidding, you'll do great.
So, the stakes are high for you to impress your lady with your creativity, sincerity, or humor. The following will help you determine the best route to go and give you the tools necessary to create the perfect message. Your options include sincere, funny, belated, inspirational, and poetic messages.
Sincere Birthday Messages for Your Girlfriend or Wife
Sincere messages are the safe bet for your wife or girlfriend's birthday card, because there's much less risk of backfire. If you just started dating a few day, weeks, or months ago, then these might fit well. A classy message for your wife of many years can be a great way to go as well. Write your message as if it were going in a really good friend's birthday card.
- Happy birthday to the most beautiful girl in the world!
- It’s hard to imagine what my life would be like without you. Your birth has been a huge blessing in my life, so I have a lot to celebrate on your birthday.
- I cherish every birthday of yours that passes because each one reminds me that I got to spend another year of your life with you.
- You get even more beautiful and perfect for me as each year passes by. I feel like I’m the one who got the birthday gift, even though it's your birthday. You get presents, but I get your presence.
- I hope you feel as special today as you make me feel all the time.
- Happy birthday to someone who is as sweet and beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside!
- The greatest gift I ever got on your birthday is you.
- The older you get, the more I love you still. Thank you for letting me be your partner.
- Here's to having many more blessed birthdays with my soulmate.
- Let's celebrate today because I am certain God did His best work when He made you.
- Let me spoil you today. This is your special day!
- I hope to spend many more birthdays with you.
- The older we grow, the more I fall in love with you. Thank you for who you are to me. You are the most special person in my life.
Funny Things to Write in Your Wife or Girlfriend's Birthday Card
- I hope you don’t get any wiser as you get older. I don’t want you to wise up and realize that I don’t deserve you.
- Having birthdays is like urinating. It's not a good idea to try to make it stop happening.
- I’m hoping you are old enough to no longer need to ask me if things that you wear make you look fat or old. You wear your age well, and you always look great in your birthday suit.
- I’m grateful that you were born, because I get great birthday presents from you.
- I’m going to tell you the same thing that your mirror would tell you if it could talk. You don’t look your age, and stop staring at me trying to look for grey hairs.
Birthday Poem for Your Girlfriend or Wife
If you want to be really smooth, write your girlfriend or wife a great birthday poem. That will show that you took some time and put some thought into her card. Here's an example, but you can also write your own poem for her.
Wife/Girlfriend Birthday Poem Example
What an amazing woman you are
As you continue to age a little today
I will play the part of your co-star
In our show that will be on air to stay
I feel blessed to be part of your life
And I'm grateful you were born
I want to wish you a happy birthday
Your age is no reason to mourn
Belated Birthday Messages for Your Girlfriend or Wife
Uh-oh, you have forgotten or have been delayed getting your wife or girlfriend a birthday card. Try one of these to break the tension:
- It’s always a good time to tell you that I love you, even if I’m late wishing you a happy birthday.
- I’m late... as usual. But hopefully you'll forgive me like you always do.
- I’m just glad that I’m the one who is saying that I’m late. We don’t need any more actual birthdays happening in our household.
- Since I know you don’t like to believe me, I’ll just tell you that I have no good excuse for being late.
- A lot of people weren’t actually born on their due date, so why is there so much pressure to get the card to the person on their birthday?
- How do you know I’m late giving you this card? Do you remember being born? I didn’t think so.
- I have a good excuse for being late with your birthday card. I thought you were younger... by a few days, at least. The people who gave you your gift early probably think you look older than you are.
Here are a bunch more belated birthday messages to help, if you need more.
Inspirational or Religious Birthday Messages for Your Wife or Girlfriend
When you are celebrating a birthday, it's really a celebration of a life. Life is valuable, and it has meaning. Use one of these inspirational or religious birthday messages to say something meaningful to your lady:
- I like to think that I know you the best, but I know that God knew you and loved you even before you were born.
- God has and continues to do great works through the work of your hands. Keep the strong faith you have, and He will bless you.
- God blessed me with a valuable life partner that could never be replaced. Happy birthday!
- Your beauty never fades. Your big heart, strong values, and solid beliefs are what keep me in love with you year after year.
- Only you could love me the way that you do, and only God could bless me with such a perfect gift of a woman.
- Belated Birthday Messages: Funny and Sincere Card Wishes
Use these belated birthday card messages to smooth over any hard feelings someone might have for being late with a card.
- Birthday Messages: What to Write in a Birthday Card
What should you write in the birthday card? Here are over 90 examples of birthday messages, wishes, and quotes organized by category, including funny, milestone, belated, family, quotes, etc.