Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
How to Wish Someone Safe Travels
Are you looking for what to write in card wishing your boss, colleague, employee, friend, or family member safe travels? Pair the bon voyage examples listed below with your own original message to wish your loved one a safe trip.
If you’re still stuck, you can simply borrow one of the samples below. Add an inspirational quote to make your message more unique.
You can also send these wishes via text/SMS, email, Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, or any of the popular social networking sites.
Safe Trip Wishes for a Friend
- I wish you well and hope to see you return healthy and happy. You’ll be missed by all of us until you return. Bon voyage!
- I wish you well! Take good care of yourself over there and have a fun and enjoyable trip!
- Heartiest greetings to you and your entire family. Have a wonderful time and enjoy your trip. Bon voyage!
- You are a wonderful person. May the joy of this day bring sweet memories for the rest of your life! Have a safe trip back home.
- New life, new discoveries, and many more sweet memories. May you have a fun and memorable lifetime experience!
- I wish to send you my heartfelt greetings and wish you and your family all the best that this journey can offer. Fly safe and have a good trip!
- You're going to have a blast on your cruise—enjoy every bit of it and have a safe trip.
- You are a wonderful person who deserves more than the best. Have a safe trip and an enjoyable vacation!
- I wish I were traveling with you! Have a great time and make lots of wonderful memories.
- Leave behind your worries and enjoy every minute of your trip. Bon voyage!
- I'm sure your journey will bring lots of sweet memories. Have a safe flight back home.
- I wish you a wonderful trip that is filled with lots of sweet memories. Enjoy your trip and come back safe!
- This journey is a once in a lifetime experience. I wish you all the very best for your travels and hope you come back safe and sound. Have a safe trip back home!
- Next time let’s go on a trip together! Have a fantastic time and I can’t wait to see all your pictures.
- Now it’s time to make your Instagram game shine—can’t wait to follow you on your journeys around the globe.
- Even though I’m a little jealous of you, how could I be mad at my best friend for taking a once-in-a-lifetime trip? I hope it’s awesome and that you come back safe and sound.
- I’m so proud of you for taking a trip that I know you’re going to love. Have a great time and come back safe!
- You are my hero for taking the kind of trip most people only dream about. Have a great time!
- I hope you have a fantastic trip — don’t worry. I won’t have too much fun here while you’re gone (at least I’ll try not to).
- I’m so excited for you to have a great trip! I hope it’s everything that you wanted.
Bon Voyage to a Family Member and Friend
- Heartiest congratulations to you for making this journey. I’m sure you’ll come back with lots of sweet memories to share with all of us. Enjoy your trip.
- No one deserves a vacation more than you. May your journey be filled with joy and happiness! Bon voyage!
- Make good use of your time over there and always remember the family you left behind. I know you’ll come back safe and sound. Bon voyage!
- I wish you all the best on your trip and for safety as you travel. Don't forget to drive with caution and fasten your seat belt!
- Have a great trip! Just remember to bring back enough presents for the whole family...
- I still don’t understand why you didn’t want to invite the whole family on your trip. ;) I don’t know how you’ll manage to have fun without us.
- Sister! I wish I were going with you on your trip, but since I’m not, I’ll have to photoshop myself into all of your pictures. Have fun!
- Be careful over there! Just remember not to do anything that your mother or I wouldn’t do. Have fun on your trip!
- You are so adventurous! I wish I could go with you on this trip, brother, but that will have to wait until next time. Have a great journey!
- I’m so glad that you and dad are taking the opportunity to go on a trip for yourselves! I know you’re going to have a fantastic time and wish you all the best.
- I hope you have a great time and don’t have so much fun over there that you decide not to come back. We love you so much! Have a great trip.
- I’m jealous of your trip, sister, but also happy that you’re taking it. I can’t wait to hear all about it when you get back!
- The whole family will be following along on your trip with your photographs, so be sure to take and post plenty. Have a great trip!
- I hope you left enough room in your suitcase to pack all of the presents I’m sure you’ll be bringing us . . . right?? Have a great trip!
- The house simply won’t be the same without you here—travel safe and come back soon!
- Though you are far away from us geographically, we will always keep you in our hearts. Love you! Come back soon!
- Our love will reach you no matter where you go! Have a safe trip and come back soon.
- No matter where you travel, we will always go with you in your heart. We love you! Have a wonderful trip.
- Brother, it will be hard to be here without you, but I know that you’re going to come back with so many stories and pictures it will be worth it to have missed you so much.
- I hope you miss me as much as I’m going to miss you. But I doubt it. Have a great trip!
Read More From Holidappy
Romantic Wishes for a Parter or Spouse
- Honey, it’s never easy to say goodbye. I can’t bear the thought of being without you. Please come back soon, and we can be together again. I wish you a safe return!
- Darling, I’m so happy you get to travel again but honestly, I wish I were going with you. I am already missing you. Please, have a safe trip back home.
- I’m going to miss you so much while you’re gone. I love you and can’t wait to see you soon.
- I’m so excited that you’re going on this trip! You’re going to have so much fun. Knowing that you’ll be happy makes me happy, even though I’m going to miss you so much.
- I love you with a love that spans the world. But that doesn’t mean you can stay away forever. I can’t wait to see you again.
- Have fun but come back soon! Every day that you’re gone feels like an entire year.
- I will miss your beautiful, smiling face every day that you’re gone.
- My dearest, you are the sun in my life. And now, the sun is going away on an awesome trip. So while you’re gone, my world will be like night, but I look forward to your return when the sun will rise again. Have a great trip sweetheart!
- I love you and will miss you and hope you return safely and bring me lots of presents!
- Have an awesome trip sweetheart! I’m going to miss you so much while you’re gone, so don’t forget me as you’re having fun.
- Next time, we need to do a trip together. But I’ll allow this one without me. :) Have a great trip.
- Don’t worry—the house is safe with me while you’re gone. Expect nothing but clean sheets and washed dishes when you get back, all a testament to how bored I was without you. Love you and have a great trip!
- I’m going to be following your every move on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, so don’t try to hide anything! ;-) I will miss you until the day you come back!
- Each day you’re gone will feel like an eternity. And how am I supposed to watch any of our shows without you? Have a great trip and come back soon!
- You’re going to have such an awesome trip—I will be thinking of you often as you’re out exploring the world.
- Think of me fondly as you’re out there in the world! I will be thinking of you here as I sit and drink coffee at our table, waiting for your return.
- I know you’re going off on a big adventure, but don’t expect me to just sit around and do nothing while you’re gone. I’m going to have fun too! (But mostly I’ll be missing you).
- They say distance makes the heart grow fonder and I’m sure I’m going to grow very fond of you while you’re off on your trip.
- I will love you more each day you’re gone and even more when you return.
- Have a great trip, sweetheart. I can’t wait to see you again and learn about everything you did!
Messages for a Colleague: Boss, Coworker, or Employee
- Warmest greetings to you on your trip. May you fulfill the purpose of the journey and return safe and sound.
- Have a safe and awesome trip. Bon voyage!
- Congratulations! Have a wonderful cruise. I wish you all the very best for this great trip.
- Heartiest greetings to you on your trip. May your journey be filled with fun and enjoyment!
- I would like to wish you the best of luck in your journey and hope you are happy and prosperous. Have a wonderful time on vacation!
- May you fulfill the purpose of your journey with sound health! Bon voyage!
- I would like to wish you a very safe, happy and satisfactory cruise. Bon voyage!
- I hope you have a great trip—let’s close some business!
- The office won’t be the same without you while you’re gone. I’ll be sure to guard your desk and chair very carefully. Have a great trip!
- I hope you have a great trip and come back ready to work!
- Good luck on your trip—let me know if you need anything while you’re away. I’m happy to help in any way that I can.
- I hope you have an awesome trip! Let’s get lunch when you get back so I can hear all about it.
- I’m very jealous that you get to go to the conference, but I know you’re going to be bringing back lots of learnings for us to use. Have an awesome time!
- Best of luck on your trip. I look forward to seeing you when you return.
- The team will miss you while you’re gone but don’t worry—your work is safe with me.
- I’ll be your eyes and ears for you while you’re gone! Hope you have fun on your trip.
- You are going to have such a fantastic time I wouldn’t be surprised if you never came back to work. See you soon!
- Have fun on your trip! I hope you learn a lot and have a great time exploring the city.
- Enjoy your vacation—I look forward to seeing you when you get back.
- Don’t worry we’ll be having tons of fun here in the office while you’re on vacation. I bet you’ll be jealous of us!
Religious Messages for a Safe Trip
- Go with confidence, conviction, and excitement. May God make all your dreams and wishes come true. Have a safe and happy journey!
- My family and I pray that the journey you’re about to undertake benefits your soul and body so that you may reach its end and come back safe and sound. Bon voyage!
- May God bless your journey and fulfill all your wishes. Have a wonderful time and enjoy your trip.
- As you set out for the trip, may God bless you and all the people you will meet along the way! I wish you a safe and pleasant journey.
- May God protect your soul and body from all danger! Have a wonderful trip and don't forget to take pictures!
- I wish you good luck on your tour and hope that you come back home healthy and strong. I'll definitely miss you. I pray that God showers His mercy on you as you go.
- May God protect, guide, and be with you as you travel. Have a safe and pleasant trip back home!
- I pray God in His infinite mercy fulfills all your journey's expectations. Have a safe flight and enjoy your stay there!
- Congratulations! I pray you have an amazing trip and come back safe and sound.
- I’m happy for you that you have this opportunity to travel. I wish you and your family a very safe trip. May God bless you abundantly and provide for your safe return.
- May God bless you on your journey! I hope it opens up new ways of viewing His creation.
- May God return you safe and sound. I hope you find the journey spiritually renewing and invigorating.
- Enjoy your trip! I will pray for you every day while you’re gone. May the Lord bless your journey!
- I hope your trip brings you closer to God and that you may experience his mercy on your travels.
- May God grant you protection and wisdom as you travel!
- I hope you have a safe journey and that God blesses you with many new experiences and insights.
- You are in the hands of God as you travel—I hope you have a fantastic time and return renewed, refreshed, and reinvigorated.
- You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you travel. Bon voyage!
- I will miss you while you’re gone but know that you are in the hands of the one that made us. Have a fantastic trip!
- May God return you safe and sound to the ones that love you. Have a fantastic trip.
General Phrases to Use in Your Card
Have a good trip!
I wish you a safe trip!
Have a nice trip!
Have a safe trip!
Have a great journey!
Wishing you a good trip!
Bon voyage and good luck!
Have a safe trip back home!
Have a good trip!
Have safe travels!
Wishing you a happy trip!
God bless your trip!
Have a happy and safe journey!
Have a safe flight!
Enjoy your trip!
Best wishes on your trip!
Have a happy journey!
Safe trip, my love!
Have a nice trip!
Have a fun and safe trip!
Wishing you a safe flight!
Enjoy your vacation!
Have a wonderful trip!
Wishing you a great trip!
We wish you a safe journey!
Wishing you a wonderful trip!
Have a nice trip and take care!
Have a safe trip, friends!
Wishing you a sound journey!
Take care and have safe flight!
Wishing you a pleasant journey!
Wishing you a pleasant flight!
Safe journey, my dear!
Happy trip, friends!
Inspirational Travel Quotes
- “To other countries, I may go as a tourist, but to India, I come as a pilgrim.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Travel has a way of breaking down man-made barriers and fostering a much more open-minded, tolerant perspective of the world.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ― Mark Twain
- “Adventure is worthwhile.” — Aesop
- “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
- “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” — Tim Cahill
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” — Anonymous
- “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” — Freya Stark
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” — Andre Gide
- “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” — Saint Augustine
- “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” — Anonymous
- “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” — Ray Bradbury
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” — John Steinbeck
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” — Helen Keller
- “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” — Lawrence Block
- “The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” — Shirley MacLaine
- “Remember that happiness is a way of travel—not a destination.” — Roy M. Goodman
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” — Susan Sontag
- “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” — Herman Melville
- "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
- "I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it." — Rosalia de Castro
- "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." — Marcel Proust
© 2014 Oyewole Folarin