Christmas Messages to Write in Cards
Christmas cards say something about their senders. Some send out cards to the masses to bring cheer to their friends and family. Businesses can send holiday messages to show customers and employees their appreciation. Christmas cards are always a great way to stay in touch during the end of the year.
It's OK to have trouble thinking of just the right thing to say in a Christmas card. Use this page and the recommendations to give you ideas and inspiration to write a great message. Edit these to your taste before sending your own personal Christmas cards. Your message will be best when you make it personal.
May you be blessed with the most important gifts this Christmas. I consider friendship to be a gift, and your friendship is one of my most treasured gifts. Merry Christmas!
- Christmas is a good excuse to send cards to all my favorite people.
- Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and happy holidays.
- May we all show each other the love and patience that we may not deserve this Christmas. This is the true spirit of Christmas.
- It's easy to get caught up in all the business of Christmas, but I'm wishing you a peaceful Christmas full of the most important things.
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May you be surrounded by all the things that bring Christmas cheer.
- I hope you are reminded of all the most important things in your life this Christmas. Merry Christmas!
- We hope you are surrounded by beauty and comfort this Christmas season.
- Blessings, love, and peace to you this Christmas.
- Hoping you can feel love, joy, and peace this Christmas season.
- The beauty of the Christmas season is that it can remind us of all the beauty in life that we take for granted. Our family, our friends, and our faith.
- Keep Christmas a time of celebration and love. Don't let Christmas become a chore. Don't let Christmas bring strife to your home.
Funny Christmas Wishes and Jokes
If you enjoy humor, chances are the people you know will too. The weeks leading up to Christmas tend to be busy, hectic, and even stressful. Lighten the mood with a funny Christmas card.
- The NSA has tapped everyone's phone this Christmas including Santa Claus himself, and it turns out Jesus is the only one who isn't on the naughty list.
- Just think how bright Jesus' birthday cake would be if he had a candle for each year since his birth. Good thing he recently switched to LED candles.
- There are at least three people wishing you a Merry Christmas. There's Jesus, Santa, and ME!
- There's usually only one person I can remember to buy a birthday card for each year. His name is Jesus.
- I don't usually write Christmas cards, but when I do, I usually write the same thing in all of them.
- I'm writing a unique and personal message in each of my Christmas cards this year. So for you, I'd like to say: 'Whomever you are, Merry Christmas to my friend/family person who is really special.'
- The best thing about Christmas is the day after Christmas, when you still have almost a year until you have to see your annoying extended family members again.
- If I had to choose between you and Santa, I'd choose you. I still think it's a little creepy that that guy comes in my house while I'm sleeping.
- All I want for Christmas is for you to have a crazy cool Christmas!
- When people ask me to prove that Santa is real, I ask them to prove to me that he isn't.
- I would write something funny to wish you a Merry Christmas, but there are some things that you just don't joke about.
- I hope your December 25th is splendid this year. If you have an awful day on December 27th, that's alright. It's really just the 25th I care about.
Religious Christmas Card Messages
Religious messages say to others that you are focusing on the true meaning of Christmas and that you want to celebrate the good news. These are some creative ways to send a message with a Christian tone.
- Great things come in small packages, just like when our Lord was born.
- Let's celebrate our most special friend's birthday! Merry Christmas!
- Christ the savior is born! Merry Christmas!
- Just as Christmas lights bring light to a dark season, Christ brings light to a dark world.
- Jesus is the gift that we all are given this Christmas.
- Let's celebrate the baby, the servant, and the King named Jesus Christ.
- Merry Christmas! We have hope because Jesus was born.
- We're wishing your family the peace, love, and joy that can only be provided by our savior. May you be blessed this Christmas.
- Peace on earth is only possible through the gift of Christmas, Jesus Christ.
- May you feel rich in God's love this Christmas. 'For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten Son.'
- Christmas will always mean so much more to us Christians who have received the true gift of Christmas.
- "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." -Luke 2-11
- "Jesus has been around since before time. He is the everlasting reason for Christmas. 'I tell you the truth,' Jesus answered, 'before Abraham was born, I am!'" -John 8:58
- Even if Jesus hadn't been born on December 25th, I'd still want to send you a card. Was Jesus born on December 25th?
Say "Merry Christmas" in Different Languages
This is a list of how to say "Merry Christmas" in different languages. These could be interesting to use for various reasons. A few are made up just for laughs.
- Alien: (transmitted directly into your mind)
- Arabic: Eid Milad Said
- Baby Talk: Merr Kissmus
- Chinese: (Cantonese) Seng Dan Fai Lok
- Chinese: (Mandarin) Sheng Dan Kuai Le
- Danish: Glædelig Jul
- Dog: Arf Arf
- Dutch: Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar! or Zalig Kerstfeest
- English: Merry Christmas
- French: Joyeux Noel
- German: Fröhliche Weihnachten
- Greek: Kala Christouyenna!
- Hawaiian: Mele Kalikimaka
- Hebrew: Khag Molad Sameakh
- Hindi: मेरी क्रिसमस (Krisamas kee badhaee)
- HTML: <h1><Merry><Christmas</h1>
- Iraqi: Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah
- Italian: Buone Feste Natalizie
- Japanese: Merīkurisumasu
- Korean: Meli keuliseumaseu
- Tagalog: Maligayang Pasko!
- Pig Latin: ErryMay IstmasChray
- Russian: Schastlivogo Rozhdestva
- Spanish: Feliz Navidad
- Vietnamese: Giáng sinh vui vẻ
Suggestions and Ideas
- Write an update about your family or business in your message. Tell what each member of the family is doing or announce any big news. People will enjoy knowing what is going on.
- Sometimes you need to be in the mood to write your Christmas messages. Try listening to Christmas music while you write in your cards. The words and the music will help you get to the festive mental state your need.
- Remind people to stop and think about the more important things of Christmas. Remind people that the same family they are frustrated with during the holidays are people they love. Do this tactfully. Write something like: "Let's remember to give each other the gift of patience this Christmas."