Daughter-in-Law Birthday Wishes: What to Write in Her Card
What to Write to Your Daughter-in-Law
First of all, a birthday message for your daughter-in-law doesn't have to be specifically about your relationship to her. You can write your message in any style that you think will fit her personality. You can write a birthday poem, a birthday quote, or even a Christian birthday message if she's religious.
If you're looking for ideas about what to write in your daughter-in-law's birthday card, the examples below may help. These messages are specifically tailored to the "in-law" relationship.
Funny Daughter-in-Law Birthday Messages
Use one of these birthday wishes if your daughter-in-law has a good sense of humor.
- Anyone brave enough to marry our son deserves a great birthday. We're glad to have you as our daughter-in-law.
- I looked for the perfect gift for you, but I couldn't find anything that was good enough. Then I remembered that I already made a great gift for you. He's my son and your husband. Enjoy your gift!
- When you married our son, you married into a family that knows how to celebrate birthdays. And your birthday is no exception.
- Make sure your husband treats you well on your birthday. That's how we raised him, and you deserve the best on your special day!
- My only problem with you is that you are just too perfect. Your beauty overshadows your mother-in-law. Seriously, stop it!
- Since you hate birthdays, we're wishing your mom a happy labor day.
- We are nominating you for the daughter-in-law of the year award, but today you are the best candidate for the Happy Birthday party.
- I know you're my only daughter-in-law, but you're still my favorite!
- What can you buy for the woman who already has everything? You already have good looks, a nice husband, and a great mother-in-law!
- My wish for you is a calorie-rich birthday cake, so you can look more like your old mother-in-law.
- Our son is a lucky man, and he'd better treat you extra special on your birthday. Tell him Mom said so!
- My grandkid's mama is looking better than ever! When are you going to actually age?
- With all the mean mothers-in-law out there, I thought I'd take the time to remind you how lucky you are. That's the best gift I could give you on your birthday.
Sincere Birthday Wishes for a Daughter-in-Law
Here are some more sincere happy birthday messages for the girl who married your son.
- You may not have been born into our family, but you seem to be born to be part of it.
- Your birth into this world led to our family receiving a great gift. We are happy to have you as our daughter-in-law!
- When our son chose you as his life partner, he changed our lives for the better.
- We are so blessed that you have become a part of our family. With love on this day and always, happy birthday to you, daughter-in-law.
- Thanks for choosing our family as your own. We're glad to have you in our family.
- Do you know what you get when you cross a princess with a prince? My grandchildren. Thanks for being their mom. You are special, and we wish you the very best birthday!
- Birthdays are a great excuse to throw a party, especially when the birthday girl is so deserving of a celebration.
- I wasn't there when you were born, but I love you like I was. I'm proud to have you as my daughter-in-law.
- How can I count the ways you are a great daughter-in-law? I can't because there are too many.
- You make us smile and we're happy you're in our lives. We hope your day is wonderful.
- I used to long for a daughter, but then our son married you. Now I have a daughter to treat in a special way on her birthday.
- You've helped to build a happy family by including us in yours. We're pleased that you are our daughter-in-law and send wishes for your day to be exquisite.
- I need to call your mother and tell her thanks for sharing you with us. You're a lovely and classy daughter-in-law.
- When you called me mom, it made me feel so good inside. I hope that you can feel just as special on your birthday.
- After all of these years have passed, I still think you're the best daughter-in-law in the world. Today, I'm just making sure you know that you always will be.