Farewell Messages for Colleagues―Goodbye Wishes to Coworkers
Ways to Say Goodbye to a Colleague
Are you looking for inspirational messages and funny wishes to write in a goodbye card or note? Saying goodbye to coworkers is painful, but we need to show respect and appreciation for their support and encouragement over the years.
Take ideas from these examples of farewell letter to employees, messages, greetings and wishes for friends, colleagues, team members, or boss when leaving the company.
This article contains original goodbye wishes for card, note, email, SMS, Facebook, Whatsapp, Google Plus, Twitter, Linkedln or any of the professional social networking sites of your choice. If you still don’t know what to write, then use any one from the list below.
I appreciate your time and efforts. I will miss you and hope you will keep in touch with me from time to time. Bye!
You are one of the secrets of my new role as the assistant manager. I will miss your decision-making skills. I hope to meet with you soon!
Sample Messages for Colleagues at Workplace
Below, you will find some ideas on what to write or say to your colleagues and friends at workplace when leaving. Use these to inspire you with wording for your note or card. When someone is going on retirement, transfer or he/she resigned, a farewell note is called for.
1. I’ve learned a lot working with you these past years. I hope you’ll have success in your new position. Farewell friend!
2. I just wanted to use this medium to let you know how interesting it was working with someone like you and to bid you goodbye. It has been an honor working with a wonderful colleague like you these past years. Thank you for your help and kindness. I wish you the best of luck and continued success wherever you may find yourself.
3. It has been a pleasure working with a boss like you. I hope for your success in your new role. May you have fun and sweet experience abroad! Good luck.
4. Take care of yourself in your new place. I wish I could be your partner there but I can’t be there to look after you right now. Goodbye and keep in touch!
5. I wish you nothing but peace, love and happiness. Hope you have all that wonderful things life has to offer. I’m seriously missing you here. Goodbye see you soon.
6. Thank you so much for everything you’ve done for me, you’re a wonderful boss. It’s so sad to hear you’re leaving. I’ll never forget you. Farewell boss with the hope to meet you soon.
7. You’ve made my work experience here most enjoyable as well as a first class skill. However, this is the time where we part ways to start a new phase of my career. I would like to say thank you and farewell to you all. I hope we meet again soon.
8. I have enjoyed my term here and I appreciate having given the opportunity to work with you. Thank you for the support, guidance and encouragement you have provided for me during my time as the Regional Sales Manager of this company. Even though I’ll miss my colleagues and this our great company, I’m looking forward to this new role and to start a new phase of my career. Goodbye!
9. Hope the future will show you much happiness as you’ve had here.
10. I’ll miss you and think of you always. Thank you for the good times and sweet memories that we shared together.
I’ve learned a lot working with you these past years. I hope you’ll have success in your new position. Farewell mate!
11. I bid you farewell as you start a new phase of your career. Accept my best and sincere wishes for continued success in all your future endeavor.
12. Let me acknowledge with deep thanks your many kindness and support to me during the years that I worked with you. I wish you all the best on your way forward. Goodbye!
13. Not only have I enjoyed working with you, I have also gained experience on how a decent department should be run. And that prepared me to assume the new position.
14. As you’re starting a new phase in life, I pray God opens new stage of opportunities and strength for you. Farewell boss!
15. It appears like an exciting opportunity for you, but we still can’t believe you’re leaving. Please keep in touch.
16. With grateful heart, i say thank you for all the support and cooperation you have shown to me over the years. The sweet memories of ever working with a co-worker like you will remain in my heart forever. Goodbye mate!
17. Dear office-mate, you are an exceptional staff who dedicated his life to promoting excellence and making the workplace a fun place to be. We will definitely miss you and we hope you will keep in touch with us from time to time.
18. Thanks a lot for all your support and encouragement. You are the best colleague i have ever met. Your immense contributions to my career progression is immeasurable. Bye and keep in touch soon!
19. I will miss my colleague and best friend but the sweet memories we shared together will stay in my heart forever. You are the best staff i have ever worked with. Bye!
I am grateful for all the things you have done in my life. Goodbye!
Sample Farewell Messages to Colleague Leaving the Company
Is this your first time sending a farewell message to someone leaving?
1. Wishing you the best in this next phase of your career. Congratulations and best of luck!
2. Work in this office will be so boring without you. We’ll miss having a wonderful colleague like you. Good luck and all the best in your future endeavor.
3. I hope that your new place is full of fun and happiness. Take care and all the best as you progress.
4. Our team work has been in an unusual way since you left the office. We’re really missing your valuable contributions. Do keep in touch.
5. You’ve been an inspiration to all of us, and we enjoyed working with you. We wish you success wherever you go. Farewell boss!
6. You’ve been a friend, colleague, and mentor whom I treasured so much. However, this is the right time when we have to part ways not for death but for success. Goodbye mate!
7. We’re all worried about you. Your leaving this place is a big blow to your families, friends, colleagues and loved ones. We’re already missing you. We’re eager to see you again. Farewell!
8. Catching fun and happiness will not be the same without a wonderful mate like you. The whole workplace will miss you. Goodbye and all the best!
9. I’ll always be working as hard as always and I’ll do my best to never let you down. Thanks for the motivation and for the on-the-job training I have received from you! Goodbye mate!
10. Your decision making skills is an asset which always inspired me to be like you. I appreciate all your words of encouragement and for everything I have learned from you. Farewell sir!
Funny Farewell Messages
1. Are you going away because of the layoff notice you heard will be out soon? But wait, you’re not included in the list of redundant staff we’re weeding out soon. Anyway, the only thing we’re going to miss is gossiping which has been part of your work life. I wish you good luck and success as you take your leave!
2. You must be careful at your new place! Just remember not to do something stupid that will throw you back into the labor market. I won’t be part of those that will review and help dust your CV again. Wishing you all the best as always!
3. Great to hear that today is your last day at work. But where in this world will someone like you be hired to fill position meant for fresh graduate like me (just kidding). I wish you good luck and happiness in your new job!
4. I still don’t understand why you decided to leave the company. Do you think you can have tons of fun in your new office without us? Okay, let’s see who is going to miss what.
5. Great to hear that you’re going away. I can’t wait to hear that you have been crowned as the “gossip queen” at the workplace. Goodbye!
6. Even though saying goodbye to my fellow co-workers is never an easy thing to do, why won’t I be happy leaving behind some of my worries working with you where my skills are becoming obsolete. Bye!
7. Dear___, I wish I could stay with you here, but since I couldn’t, I decided to write you this short note to bid farewell. The only thing I’ll miss about you is the latest gossip involving what’s going on in the office.
8. I’m moving away so as not to block the chances of those who are due for promotion. But you’re aware of the fact that if I stay, the management can’t leave me to promote a stagnant staff like you. ;) Goodbye mate!
9. You’re the one moving away, office is going nowhere. However, if you need someone to help proofread your work, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Here’s wishing you the best of goodbyes!
10. Now that you’ve decided to leave the company, note that the gap you’ve created will be beneficial to us in the long run. It will translate into more money, better job satisfaction, improved job performance, and increased productivity.
11. You must have included gossiping as one of your hobbies on your CV to land you a new job. Goodbye and best of luck in your new endeavor!
How to Write a Farewell Letter
Generally, a farewell letter is written by employees to say goodbye to co-workers, boss, or management when leaving the company or retiring. When writing this type of letter, it is important that you use the right words to convey your gratitude and how awesome it was working together. Take the below tips as a guide when writing your own letter:
- Start your farewell/goodbye letter with “Dear [co-workers or boss’s name]”
- Bid your colleagues goodbye and let them know how much you have enjoyed working together as a team.
- Thank them for their support, encouragement, and guidance over the years.
- Recall old memories and include the most important, inspiring, and engaging ones in your letter.
- Let them know how much you are going to miss them.
- Include your contact information just to make it easy for your co-workers to keep in touch with you.
- End the letter with “Sincerely yours,” “yours truly,” or “best wishes.”
- This letter should be sent on or before the last day in office, and when you might have completed all the tasks on your desk.
- Don’t send a goodbye text message to your boss or management. A letter to them should have a formal style.
- Keep it brief and professional.
Sample Farewell Letter
I write to let you all know that today is my last day working with you at Hallmark Inc. I will be leaving to report at my new place of assignment next week. It is hard for me to say goodbye but I must appreciate all the good times we have spent working together.
You have all inspired me with your decision-making skills and your level of professionalism. Your kindly support and encouragement over the years had great influence on my career. The sweet memories that we shared together and your help will stay in my heart forever.
Again, I wish to express my profound gratitude to you all for showing me affection even when I had lost every hope of ever getting to the new position. Thanks for instilling in me the spirit of courage, tolerance and patience.
It is no gain saying that I will miss you all. And I hope we can all keep in touch from time to time. My phone number is 123-456-789 and my email address is email@example.com.
Thanks for all your help and time. Goodbye!
It's Poll Time!
Was this article helpful to you?
If you have any need to comment on what you’ve just read, now is the time. Share your thoughts in the comments below!
© 2014 Oyewole Folarin