I love helping people find the perfect words for any occasion—from relationship advice to inspirational messages.
Do you need inspiration for messages to write in a get well soon card? This post is a comprehensive and original collection of get well soon messages for a friend, classmate, coworker, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, mom, or dad—for anyone and everyone. You'll be surprised how much difference caringly showing your concern can make when someone's feeling under the weather! Go ahead—pamper your sick friend or loved one and wish them a speedy recovery!
Get Well Soon Messages for a Friend
- I was at the mall shopping for a "get well soon" card, but I couldn't find any that conveyed how much I miss you every day. I order you to get well soon so we can hang out again!
- Sarah asked Jim out. Josh kissed Leanne. Bruce and Kim broke up. Oh, there's so much going on—I wish you were here in class! Get well soon, bestie. xoxo
- Do you know there is a bright side to being bedridden for a while? You get breakfast in bed, you can be a couch potato, and you can just sit back and relax while everyone around you cares for you 24/7. Enjoy it while you can! Get well soon, buddy.
- I'll bring you some nice hot chicken soup every evening until you feel better. Hey, what are friends for?!
- There's not much you can do while confined to your bed, so I got you some of your favorite movies and TV shows. Who knew being sick could be so much fun? Here’s wishing you a speedy recovery!
- Yesterday, we all went out for a movie, then for dinner, and later headed out for a big night out on the town. We had lots of fun and it's a pity you couldn't be there. Ok, I'm only kidding. We canceled all our plans just because you weren't there with us. Dear friend, we wish you a very quick recovery and hope that you are by our side very soon.
- Being sick gives you the right to be grumpy, demanding, annoying, and lazy all day long. What more could you ask for? Too bad it's all going to end soon. Wish you a very speedy recovery!
- I know you've been going through a rough patch lately, but I hope that the chocolates and movies that I have got will help you pass your time in bed. Get well soon.
- I wish we were a couple so I could live with you and look after you day and night, you poor thing. I hope you feel better soon!
- Friends are supposed to stand by each other no matter what. Sorry, I'm not going to hang around to catch your germs. Get well soon!
- Today, I've realized how lonely I am without you. You're sick, and I don't have anyone to talk to or hang out with. I hope you get well soon! xoxo
- Think of all the fun times we've had. Think of all the crazy things we've done together. That should make you smile, even if only for a while. I'm sorry to hear about your illness, but I want you to know that I will be by your side until you feel better. Get well soon!
- I'm thinking of you every moment, every day. Get well soon.
- You don't realize how important someone is until they’re gone. That's exactly how I feel about you today. Your illness is keeping you away from me, which I don't like. So get well soon, buddy—there's lots of catching up to do!
- Morning, afternoon, evening, or night—call me whenever you feel like having a chat. I'll be waiting! Get well soon.
- I've known you for many years now. So, stop faking it and get out of bed so we can go watch a movie together.
- You are my best friend, my workout buddy, my gossip monger, and my pillar of support all in one. Now that you've fallen ill, I'm lost without you. I should've had more than one best friend, don't you think? Get well soon and come back into my life ASAP!
Wishes for a Coworker's Speedy Recovery
- The office feels empty without you. Come back soon; we miss you! Hope you feel better.
- Our thoughts are with you and your family. We wish you good health and hope to have you back soon.
- There were a lot of sad faces in the office when we heard you were ill. We can't wait for you to come back so we can give you a massive 'welcome back' party. Get well soon!
- When was the last time you took a break from work? It's been ages, and I know you have been running around like crazy. Your body desperately needed some rest, and this may turn out to be just the break you needed. Get well soon—I miss you at work!
- With you gone, the sunshine seems to have disappeared and the office seems gloomy. Come back soon and bring the spark back into our work lives!
- It's funny, but I feel lonely without your company in the office. Get well soon, partner.
- I heard that you are sick and bedridden. Do you want me to get you a company laptop so you can work from home? Haha, just kidding. Hope you are back with a bang very soon.
- Get well soon—we need you to get things done around here!
- Work life is dull because my favorite employee is out of action. I hope we can have your colorful personality back at the office very soon. Feel better!
- I'm lost, clueless, and I desperately need your help. Can I at least call you to ask you for advice on the new project? Just kidding. Rest well and don't worry about work—everything is under control. Hope to see you up and about soon.
- Your magnetic personality is dearly missed in the office. Everyone says hello and wishes you a speedy recovery. Get well soon, boss.
- It's just not the same without you. The boss is unhappy and so are we. Come back soon, buddy; we miss you.
- Your second family eagerly awaits your return. We wish you good health and a speedy recovery.
- Why did you have to fall ill at the busiest time of the year? Just kidding, pal! Don't worry about work—everything's covered. Hope you feel better and enjoy the chocolates we sent to you.
- Get well soon—there's lots of work to be done!
- We want to let you know that you are more than a work colleague to us. You are a part of this family and as you go through this turbulent period our thoughts are with you. We hope you get well soon.
- Everyone at the office chipped in and got a gift for you. We can't wait for you to come and open it. Hope you like it! Get well soon.
- Everyone at the office misses you. Even the cleaners were asking about you. We're sorry to hear about your illness and our prayers are with you and your family. Knowing you to be the fighter that you are, we are sure that you will be back in great spirits in no time. Get well soon!
Get Well Messages for Mom and Dad
- You've been getting up early to fix us breakfast, drop us off at school, and run around to get things done for us. Now it is your time to relax and let us look after you! Get well soon mom, we love you.
- Look at the bright side—you get a week off work, so we can finally spend some quality time together! We all wish you a quick recovery.
- Now that you have fallen ill, it's time for me to fuss over you and make you feel like a baby. Enjoy it while you can, mommy, and get well soon.
- Mom, it amazes me how cheerful you can be even when you are sick. You are officially the best mother in the whole world. Get well soon, mom!
- Sickness will come and go, but we want you to know that we are there with you every step of the way. We love you, dad. Get well soon.
- I wonder which bacteria or virus managed to get into the coolest dad in the world? They must be something! Get well soon.
- I promise to take such good care of you that you'll be able to run a marathon next week if you want to. Get well soon, dad!
- If you've fallen ill to make me realize that I've been bad, I promise I'll never disobey you again. I've never been so worried in my life, mom. Get well soon!
- I don't have a magic wand to make all your pain go away. But I do have oodles of love to give you a healing touch. I hope you're up and kicking very soon. Be well.
- I'm here to make you laugh until your tummy hurts because, as they say, laughter is the best medicine. I'll do anything to help you get better. Get well soon.
- The hospital is lucky to have a cheerful patient like you. But we need you more! Get well soon, mom.
- Nothing in my life is as important and as precious as your health and wellbeing. Dad, I just want you to know that I love you, and there is nothing in the whole world that means more to me than you.
- I thought you were punctual and organized. So, how come you're taking so long to get well? I want you back as fit as a fiddle, dad.
- I can't believe I won't be listening to you yelling at me for a whole week. I'm only joking, mom—I really want you back in good health.
- I've always drawn inspiration from your strength during trying times like these, mom. You are my superstar! Get well soon.
- I may not say it out loud every day, but I want you to know, mom, that I love you, and you mean the world to me. Your sickness has given me a chance to show you the same TLC that you've been showering upon me since I was born. Too bad it won't last long because I know you will recover very soon!
- Who knew we'd be switching roles so soon? Now I can be a doting mommy, and you can be an annoying child. Smile, now, because it is time to take your medicine. Hope you feel better soon.
Messages for a Sick Girlfriend, Boyfriend, Husband, or Wife
- You may be the one who is sick, but I am the one with a heavy heart. I hope you feel better, honey. I love you!
- Sweetheart, sickness can put you down for a few days, but it can't take your beauty away from you. Get well soon, beautiful.
- I must admit, you look so cute tucked into that blanket. You look like an adorable little puppy when you are sick. Too bad it won't last long. Get well soon!
- I just want to say that I love you and am here by your side now and always. Get ready to be pampered and looked after like a king while you are sick. But don't get used to it! Get well soon, dear.
- There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to steal a tender kiss or lay in your arms for hours together. I want to cuddle! Get those germs out of your body. I love you, baby, and I hope to be back in your arms very soon.
- I put together an album of all our pictures just to make you smile and feel better. Get well soon, darling.
- Oh, you poor baby! I wish I could magically take all your germs and fall ill myself to make you feel better. Get well soon.
- The doctor said, “No kissing and no touching until you are better!” Get well soon, honey; I can't wait to kiss you again!
- Here's a get well soon card that has got nothing on it except 'I Miss You' and a big smiley face. The smiley face is meant to remind you how beautiful your smile is, even when you're sick. Feel better.
- I hate to see you sick, but I love to care for you and pamper you. I love you, darling. Get well soon.
- Tell your illness to get ready to go, because I am on my way to plant curing kisses on your lips. Get well soon, love.
- Your illness has made me appreciate your value so more than ever before. I miss you so much during my grocery shopping trips. Feel better soon, darling.
- The only reason I want you to get better is so that I can have some company while cooking. All jokes aside, I want you to be up and about again as soon as you can. Get well soon, dear.
- I hope that my wishes, love, and kisses help kill all those bacteria and viruses that are wreaking havoc in your body right now. I need you to be up, fit, and fighting!
- Now I can yell and officially tell you to get out—of the bed, that is! Get well soon, my love.
- Let my hands heal you through their warmth, let my voice heal you through its melody, and let my heart heal you through its love. Get well soon, honey.
- You've just got to hang in there for a few more days before you get well. I'm here by your side every single moment to help you get better. I love you, darling. Get well soon.
- The only upside to you falling ill is that you don't have to go to the office and can do some chores around the house for a change. Haha! I hope you get well soon, dear hubby.
- They say that love is the best medicine. I'm here to shower all the love in the world on you. You'll be back on your feet in no time, darling. I love you.
Quotes About Illness and Recovery
- “Health is not valued ‘til sickness comes.” – Thomas Fuller
- “Medicine is the restoration of discordant elements; sickness is the discord of the elements infused into the living body.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “I know that in life there will be sickness, devastation, disappointments, heartache—it’s a given. What’s not a given is the way you choose to get through it all. If you look hard enough, you can always find the bright side.” – Rashida Jones
- “For man also, in health and sickness, is not just the sum of his organs, but is indeed a human organism.” – Walter Rudolf Hess
- “The greatest wealth is health.” – Virgil
- “Cheerfulness is the best promoter of health and is as friendly to the mind as to the body.” – Joseph Addison
- “Health and intellect are the two blessings of life.” – Menander
- “He who has health has hope; and he who has hope has everything.” – Arabian Proverb
- “A healthy body is a guest chamber for the soul; a sick body is a prison.” – Francis Bacon, Sr.
Religious Well Wishes and Prayers for Recovery
- I was heartbroken to find out about your illness. I truly hope and pray that you get well soon and that you are back to your bright and bubbly self in no time.
- We are praying for your speedy recovery—get well soon!
- I am sending prayers your way. Please come back to us soon!
- Falling ill is God's way of telling us humans that we need to take a break. You need a small vacation! Get well soon.
- In my prayers, I asked God why the most loving person in the world would fall ill. He answered: "So that you can show them how much you care. They deserve it, don't they?" You deserve all the care in the world. Get well soon!
- I am praying for you in your time of need. Get well soon!
- I know that God will comfort you while you are ill and ease your suffering. I am praying for your speedy recovery!
Saumya shah on October 26, 2019:
You get well soonSaumya
virat on October 22, 2016:
i didnt got creative writing on topic a time when you cheered someone
Hailey on May 24, 2013:
So sweet, great hub! Nice to have good friends who will support you through sickness and be there with you in hapiness. Voted up!
Nithya Venkat from Dubai on July 23, 2012:
Great messages. Creative and entertaining. Voted up.
Cristale Adams on July 20, 2012:
This is a very interesting hub.