What to Write in a High School Graduation Card (Includes Quotes)
What do you write in a card to a high school graduate? This article has an original collection of wishes, messages, quotes, and sayings that are perfect for anyone who has just graduated high school. Get your card ideas from the list below and write your own unique message to fit the graduate you love. It's important to show affection by wishing them continued success in the future.
Sample Graduation Card Messages
- You have achieved a great milestone today. Here’s wishing you many more successes in the future. Good luck and congratulations!
- Congratulations on your great success. Now that you've graduated, it's time to celebrate.
- Today is a perfect day to let you know that you’re a shining example to many others. Thanks for making me proud. Never give up on your dreams. Congrats on graduating.
- You made it. Now everything gets even more fun, and it’s time to live your life your way. Congratulations on your great achievement!
- You have achieved another milestone today. Lots of love and best wishes for you on your graduation. Congrats!
- Congratulations on your success. I’m proud of your achievement, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you.
- I wish you a joyous and blissful future. Now that you've graduated, I'm sure that many wonderful opportunities are just around the corner for you.
- As you graduate from high school today, I want to wish you well in your future endeavors. Well done, graduate!
- This is a great accomplishment. Wishing you the best on this momentous day.
- Dear graduate, your achievement is worth celebrating. Congratulations, and I wish you all the best.
- Dear graduate, your success today is the result of your hard work and dedication. I have no doubts that you'll continue to thrive in college.
- Dear [name], congratulations on the milestone achieved!
- You have been successful because you've worked so hard over the past few years. Your determination is going to get you what you want in life. Congratulations, [name]!
- Your graduation is a direct result of the way that you constantly strive for excellence. I know you'll have a future full of many great achievements and accolades. Keep up the good work. Congrats!
- Are you ready to go to work? Relax, [name]; your success today shows that you are fully prepared to face future challenges. Congrats!
- Your teachers loved you because you always strove for improvement. I have a feeling your college professors will feel the same. Thanks for making me proud.
- Let me use this opportunity to commend your outstanding performance. I wish you the best of luck and many more successes in the future. Congrats, my dear graduate!
- Your achievement today is remarkable. May all your dreams and wishes come true. Good luck, and congratulations, graduate!
- Dear [name], congratulations on your inspirational achievement. Best wishes for you on this special day.
- Your success is well deserved. Congrats!
- Yours has been a remarkable life, an inspiring story of vision and grace written in hard work. Congratulations on your great achievement!
- Congratulations on your brilliant success and achievement. Keep up the good work, and many more great opportunities will come your way.
- As you graduate from high school today, I wish you a successful future. Congratulations on your great achievement!
- I wholeheartedly congratulate you on your achievement and wish you a joyous and rewarding future. Congratulations, graduate!
- Dear [name], your graduation today shows how determined you were to achieve excellence. Wishing you the best of luck in the future.
- As you reach another life milestone, I wish you best of luck in the days to come. Congrats.
- I’m glad you finally did it. Congratulations on your graduation.
- I’m glad you graduated from high school with flying colors. I'm wishing you many more great achievements in the future. Congrats!
- Graduating high school was only half the battle. Keep working hard and all the good things will keep coming your way. Congratulations!
- Now that you've graduated, keep up the good work and continue to strive for excellence. Congrats!
Was the Graduate the Valedictorian, Top of Their Class, or Graduating With Honors?
Messages for Those Who Graduated With Honors
The high school that your graduate is graduating from may or may not have an honors system. If they do have one, and depending on which system they use, you can always replaces phrases such as "the top of your class" with phrases like "valedictorian." That way your card matches the most appropriate accolade that the graduate received.
- Graduating is a huge milestone in and of itself. However, you went above and beyond this; you're the valedictorian! I couldn't be more proud of you.
- It's no small feat to graduate with honors. You've undoubtedly set yourself up for success in college. Congratulations.
- What does it feel like to graduate at the top of your class? I bet it feels great.
- I'm so proud of you. You graduated with honors! Keep up the wonderful hard work in college.
- Freedom at last. And it comes with some extra glory: graduating with honors. We're all so proud of you.
- By graduating with honors, you've build a solid foundation for your upcoming collegiate career. I wish you success in the next leg of your journey!
- You've hit the books, logged the hours, and committed yourself to academic pursuits. It's truly wonderful to see you graduate as the valedictorian.
- You've really proven yourself to be a stellar academic by graduating at the top of your class.
- Congratulations on graduating at the top of your class. Make sure that you enjoy your summer off! You want to be revived and ready to go when college comes knocking.
- You're an incredibly driven individual. I can't wait to see what kind of honors are bestowed upon you when you graduate college. High school honors were only the beginning!
Good Quotes for Someone Who Is Graduating
- “The golden opportunity you are seeking is within yourself.” – Mary Engelbreit
- “The man who graduates today and stops learning tomorrow is uneducated the day after.” – Newton D. Baker
- “Set out each day believing in your dreams. Know without a doubt that you were made for great things.” – Josh Hinds
- “Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable…Every step towards the goal…requires sacrifice, suffering and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated; you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps.” – David Lloyd George
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
- “Learning is not attained by chance. It must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.” – Abigail Adams
- “Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
- "Don’t be trapped by dogma—which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." – Steve Jobs
- “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, and catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream, discover.” –Mark Twain
Short, Social Media Friendly Messages
Short Graduation Messages for Social Media
You can send or share some of these short high school graduation sentiments on Facebook, Twitter, Google plus, Instagram, or any of the social networking sites to congratulate the grad on their achievement.
- Glad that's finally over?
- We're so proud of you. Great job.
- You made it. What's next?
- Enjoy your summer off. You should be proud of yourself.
- Keep pursuing your dreams.
- I'm proud of the person you've become. Can't wait to see what your future holds.
- I'm ecstatic to get to see you graduate!
- Sending warm thoughts and love today. Congrats.
- Keep being awesome.
- Phase one: complete!
- You have so much potential. I can't wait to see what you do next.
- You're destined for great things.
- I'm glad your hard work paid off.