New Baby Congratulations Wishes and Quotes for Grandparents
When a baby is coming, it's not only the expectant parents who are filled to the brim with joy and excitement about the new addition to the family. Grandparents are sometimes almost as anxious about an impending birth as the parents are, and when that new baby comes, the grandparents are often standing right behind the happy mom and dad, smiling and cooing at the baby over the parents' shoulder, ready to step in if needed.
If you know any expectant or recent grandparents, they might be tickled by a card. Congratulate them with one of the following congratulations wishes, quotes, or sayings. Decide what type of message will work best for the new grandma or grandpa you know and find suggestions below.
Keep your audience in mind when writing in your congratulations card. Use these general tips for a great baby congratulations:
- Stay positive
- Use humor (funny quotes and inside jokes)
- Keep your message concise
- Read your message out loud to test how it sounds
Congratulations Graphic for Expecting GrandparentsClick thumbnail to view full-size
For Expecting Grandparents
These are examples of what to write to future grandparents who have not yet met their soon-to-be-born grandchild:
- I would love having you as my grandparents. You are going to spoil that little grandbaby.
- Being a grandparent is one of the greatest joys in life. Being your grandchild will be one of the greatest joys in this new little life that is coming.
- Even now, before your grandchild is born, you are a grandparent!
- I can’t wait to meet your new little miracle… or should I say, grand-miracle!
- God is blessing you with the opportunity to do one of the most fun jobs in life: being a grandparent. We’re so happy for you.
- Being a grandparent will make you complete. You’ll be completely smitten with love.
- We are thrilled you will be a grandparent, so I can only imagine how thrilled you are!
- Grandparenting will make you a different person. Mostly, you’ll just become nicer than you were as a parent.
- Grandparenting will take your breath away, and not just because grandchildren can be difficult to catch.
- The wait will be worth it when you see your grandchild for the first time.
- Your heart will be filled with joy when you first lay eyes on your grand-baby.
- Don’t worry if you feel too young to be a grandparent. You’ll need that extra youthful energy to keep up with your grandchildren!
A Fun Grandparent Readiness Quizview quiz statistics
For New Grandparents
These are examples of what to write to congratulate a grandparent who recently gained a new grandchild:
- Enjoy your grand-bundle-of-joy!
- I know you will be a great grandparent. Congratulations on your new granddaughter/grandson!
- I’m wishing your new addition to the family much love.
- I don’t know who is luckier, you for having a new little grandchild, or your grandchild for having you as grandparents.
- I’m praying for your first grandchild. I know you’ll try to spoil your grandchild to death.
- You have a new bundle of joy, whom I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy!
- May your new grandchild provide you with love, smiles, hugs, and much entertainment.
- Now you have your own miracle that is small enough to fit in your arms.
- The arrival of a grandchild means many new experiences for you and for the baby.
- Now you can give your grandchild candy and toys that make a lot of noise. It's payback time!
- I would give you some wise advice about how to take care of your grandchild, but that’s your job, since you’re the grandparent.
- Every step and event in your life has been leading up to your most important role and calling, being a grandparent!
Congratulations Graphic for New GrandparentsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Quotes and Sayings about Grandchildren
These are some common and famous quotes about grandparents or grandchildren that can spice up your message and take it beyond a simple congratulations:
- "Grandparents, so easy to operate, even a child can do it." –Author Unknown
- "A grandchild fills the empty space in your heart that you never knew you had." –Author Unknown
- "The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy." –Sam Levenson
- "Grandchildren are the gifts of yesterday, the pride of today, and the joy of tomorrow." –Author Unknown
- "If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I'd have had them first." –Lois Wyse
- "Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old." –Mary H. Waldrip
- "Grandchildren: the only people who can get more out of you than the IRS." –Gene Perret
- "My grandfather is great. He's a great grandfather." –Chico Marx
Quote PicturesClick thumbnail to view full-size
These are original sayings and clever phrases to write in a card to a grandparent:
- Being a grandparent is definitely a promotion from being a parent. Not only do you get to tell the parents what to do, but your job is a lot more fun and a lot less work.
- Grandchildren are a blessing to grandparents just as grandparents are a blessing to grandchildren.
- Grandchildren are the reward for those who have labored as parents.
- Grandparents are parents with more experience.
- God makes precious miracles. Grandchildren are proof of his good work.
- A small grandchild is always big enough to fill a grandparent's entire world with joy!
- Grandchildren are made to be spoiled by grandparents.
- Studies show that people who have at least one grandchild are much happier than people who have none. Here’s to more happiness!
- No one can spoil you like a grandma!
- Grandparents are prone to being wrapped around tiny fingers.
- Being a grandparent means spoiling the grandchildren and sending them home with noisy toys and a sugar high.
- Grandmothers are the best type of mothers (or grandfathers are the best type of fathers).
- Except for their grandchildren, grandparents are the most blessed people in the world.
- Grandchildren are grandparents' second chance at parenting.
- Babies bring more life and energy to a grandparents. If they didn't, then there’s no way grandparents could keep up.
- Every moment with your grandchild is a blessing. Enjoy all the little things.
Quotes for a New Grandmother
- "When a child is born, so are grandmothers." –Judith Levy
- "A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the kids instead of the television." –Author Unknown
- "Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a grandmother." –Edward H. Dreschnack