First Anniversary Quotes and Messages for Him and Her
First anniversary messages are meant to be romantic, funny, sexy, cool, and loving. If you don't know what to write on a card for your first anniversary, take a look at the ideas below and incorporate them into your own wishes. Write a poem, update your Facebook status, tweet your heart out, or pin your love on Pinterest to wish your partner a happy first anniversary in a way that he/she never forgets. The wishes are followed by tips on how to celebrate your anniversary.
On this page you will find:
- Short messages perfect for texts
- One-year marriage anniversary messages for your husband
- One-year wedding anniversary messages for your wife
- Funny first anniversary messages
- First anniversary wishes for your boyfriend
- First anniversary wishes for your girlfriend
- Tips on memorable ways to deliver your message and celebrate
Short Messages Perfect for Texts
- Thanks for being the perfect partner! Happy first anniversary.
- Just being with you makes me fall in love with you all over again.
- The only way to my heart is through chocolates!
- One year ago, you kissed me goodnight for the first time.
- Even after one year together, I get butterflies every time I see you.
- The only thing I regret in our relationship is not having asked you out earlier.
- The more time I spend with you, the deeper I fall in love. Here's to the years to come.
- Even after a whole year together, I still think I'm dreaming. How could I ever be so lucky as to have a life with you?
- Life has never been so beautiful as it has been this past year with you by my side.
- I thought all guys were the same, but you proved me wrong! Here's to the most incredible guy I know.
One-Year Marriage Anniversary Messages for Your Husband
- If we've had so many smiles and frowns, twists and turns, and ups and downs in the very first year of our marriage, imagine what the rest of our married life has in store for us. Here's to a lifetime of crazy memories together. Happy first anniversary, sweetheart.
- The very first year of our marriage has made me realize that I've married the best husband there is in this world. I'm so glad we tied the knot. Happy anniversary, honey.
- A year has flown by, and I didn't even realize it. Is the rest of our lives together going to run just as smoothly? I hope so. Wishing you a very happy anniversary, darling.
- Happy first anniversary to the hottest, cutest, and sweetest husband ever. You rock my world!
- Firsts of every kind are always great. The first kiss, first date, first day at school, first day at college, first day at work, etc. But the first year of marriage with you has topped all the other firsts in my life.
- Am I dreaming, or has a year of our married life already passed by? Wow, with you around, time just flies! Thanks for being the perfect partner. Happy first anniversary.
- Spending one year with you in pure bliss equals a thousand years of experiencing all the other pleasures of life. On our first marriage anniversary today, I promise to be as much of a blessing to you as you have been for me.
- Let's go wild celebrating our first anniversary the way we spent our first night together. Here's wishing us both a rocking first marriage anniversary.
- In the first year of our marriage, you've shown me all the good things that I've been missing all my life. Wishing us both a happy first anniversary!
- Commemorating a first marriage anniversary with you is like looking back at all the years that we've spent together before marriage—precious, priceless, and pure.
One-Year Wedding Anniversary Messages for Your Wife
- The first year of being married to you has been magical. Every single day, I couldn't believe that I was waking up next to the most beautiful woman in the world. I better get used to that, eh? Happy first anniversary, sweetheart.
- It's been a year since our wedding, but it feels like we got married just yesterday. I'm glad I made you mine forever. Happy first anniversary!
- They say that the first year of marriage is a sign of how the couple's remaining life will be. It looks like we're in for a blissful, exciting, and romantic time for the rest of our days!
- Even after one whole year of getting married, I still think that I'm dreaming. How else could I have managed to find a wife as beautiful as you?
- If you have brought so much sweetness and love into my life in the very first year of our marriage, I wonder much sweeter the rest of my life is going to become. I love you.
- Here's raising a toast to 365 days of pure happiness, bliss, joy, love, cuddles, and fun. Here's to history repeating itself in the years to come!
- Just like wine tastes better with age, the love that binds our relationship is going to grow deeper and deeper as the years pass by. Here's a toast to a beautiful marriage and a beautiful wife.
- Let's top off the first 12 months of a wonderful marriage by celebrating our first anniversary. I love you a lot, and, if the first year is anything to go by, our lives are going to be one big celebration of love and romance.
- Decades later, we're going to remember this day when we raised a toast to a beautiful life ahead. And we're going to pat ourselves on the back for being one of the happiest married couples ever! Happy first anniversary, honey.
- Just looking into your eyes makes me smile.
Your warm hug calms me down;
Your tender kiss makes me want to fly;
Your touch makes me feel I'm on cloud nine.
Just being with you feels like falling in love over and over again.
Happy first anniversary to my angel wife.
Funny First Anniversary Messages
- I've tolerated you for one full year, so I deserve a gift, don't you think? I'm just kidding; I'd love to tolerate you for a lifetime! Happy first anniversary.
- We better party our hearts out on our first anniversary today. Because I've heard future anniversaries tend to get pretty boring.
- Let's celebrate our first anniversary by not celebrating at all. How about some alone time? After all, I've heard that absence makes the heart grow fonder.
- Today I'm giving you breakfast in bed, followed by a quick shoulder rub before shower. Then I'm taking you shopping, followed by a romantic dinner and a late night movie. Enjoy it while it lasts, because anniversaries come only once every year.
- I love you unconditionally and I'm sure you do, too. So I hope it will be fine if I don't buy you a gift for today and just wish you a happy first anniversary.
- I hope you got me something nice on our anniversary today. If not, be prepared for 12 months of annoyance, anger, and nagging.
- Enough of the romantic wishes and beautiful poems. The only way to my heart is through chocolates, flowers, and gifts. So keep your wishes to yourself and shower me with what I really want today.
- Let's not get carried away and celebrate our first anniversary. Let's wait and see, and if we are still together next year, we'll make our celebrations double the fun. You in?
- On our anniversary today, promise me that you will stop arguing with me, you will stop being jealous, you will not be a possessive partner, and you will never annoy me. Happy first anniversary, honey.
- Is it our anniversary today? I'm sorry; I forgot.
First Anniversary Wishes for Your Boyfriend
- My Facebook status, my latest tweets on Twitter, all my latest pins on Pinterest, and my latest blog post are all going to shout just one thing: Happy first anniversary!
- I dedicate our anniversary to all of our firsts: our first kiss, our first hug, our first midnight cuddle, our first fight, our first threat to breakup, and our first night of making love. May the good times last forever.
- I don't want to sound cheesy, but I've been getting goose bumps since this morning because it is our one-year anniversary. I need a hug from Mr. Hot himself. xoxo
- You are pathetic at remembering dates, but I'm not. Exactly one year ago on this day, you leaned in to kiss me goodnight as you dropped me home after our first date. Happy first anniversary, baby!
- It took me 25 years to figure out what I wanted to do in life. But it's only taken me 12 months to figure out that we're soul mates.
- Everyone in class envies me because I've got you. I'm so lucky! Happy first anniversary, handsome.
- Although our first date was just 12 months back, I don't remember the details because I was just lost in your eyes and your charming ways.
- You've given me 365 days of fun, romance, love, and lust, and I can't wait for more.
- Can't believe we've been a couple for one year already. With you by my side, life is so beautiful. Love you more than anything else. Kisses!
- "All guys are the same," I cheekily told you on our first date. Today, I take that back, because you are so special, and, best of all, you are mine!
First Anniversary Wishes for Your Girlfriend
- Our first anniversary brings back memories of how we used to flirt before we started dating, and it gives me goose bumps. I hope our relationship keeps giving us goose bumps forever!
- The gods must have smiled on this very day one year ago, because on that day, I met an angel.
- Have I told you that I get butterflies in my stomach every time I see you, even after one year?
- All my life, I've been free of addictions and bad habits. As we complete one year of a romantic and sexy relationship, I have a confession to make. I'm addicted to your smile, your kisses, your hugs, your touch, your beauty, and everything that makes up your bubbly and cheerful personality. This is one addiction I don't plan on kicking. Happy first anniversary, sweetheart.
- It's been 12 months since we started dating, but your pretty eyes and sexy smile still give me the shivers. Let's celebrate.
- The only thing I regret in our relationship is not having asked you out earlier. Happy first anniversary, hotness.
- I've always seen myself as a tough guy with an emotional quotient of a rock. But all that changed when I met you on this very day one year ago. Now, my heart fills love with every beat, for you and only you.
- So, I've been dating the prettiest girl ever for 12 months straight. Am I dreaming or is this real? Happy first anniversary, babe.
- I've booked a table at the best restaurant in town for a romantic dinner for two. After all, the best girlfriend in the world deserves the best. I'm sure you agree!
- When I'm happy, I think about you.
When I'm sad, I think about you.
When I need inspiration, I think about you.
When I need to calm down, I think about you.
Come to think of it, I think of you all the time,
Which I think is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
Enough of thinking, how about a kiss to celebrate our first anniversary?
Tips on Memorable Ways to Deliver Your Message and Celebrate
- The most important tip is not to forget your anniversary date. If you are bad with dates, put a reminder on your phone and email so that you don't end up disappointing your partner with your forgetfulness.
- Depending on a ready-printed card is so passé. So buy a beautiful card and write your own message to show your partner that you are willing to go the extra mile to make him/her smile.
- Make sure to update your Facebook status to let your partner know that you are really happy to celebrate the first year of your relationship. Send a tweet on Twitter, and if you're a Pinterest romantic, scan your card and pin it on one of your boards.
- There's nothing wrong in throwing a big party on your anniversary, but make sure that you celebrate your first anniversary by spending some quality time with your partner. It will show that you have a deeper emotional attachment to him/her.
- If you are going throw a party to celebrate your first anniversary, it may be a good idea to keep the invitee list to a bare minimum of close friends and family. Don't take the chance of inviting a loud mouthed acquaintance who may utter a few nasty words and spoil the best day of the year.
- Buy a gift for your partner. Even an inexpensive gift like a box of chocolates and some flowers will send a message.
- If you are going to be at work and will only be able to meet your partner in the evening, try sending the flowers and card to his or her work. By doing this, your partner will know that you're thinking of ways to make his or her entire day special. If possible, take the day off from work.
- Don't argue or fight with your partner on your anniversary. Don't think twice of apologizing and saying sorry to your partner, even if it is not your fault. It will make your partner feel a tad more special than he/she already is.
- Don't forget to compliment your partner on how hot, handsome, beautiful, or pretty he/she looks. Compliments given on special days like these will be remembered and cherished for a long time.
- First anniversaries are special. Regardless of how you plan to celebrate or not, dress your best because your partner is going to remember this day for a very long time.