Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
How to Wish Your Friends a Happy Birthday
Are you trying to figure out cute birthday wishes, messages, or greetings for your best classmate or old high-school friend but lack the expertise to write good and unique messages? Here are some example messages and sayings that you can write to your roommate, schoolmate, classmate, or hostel friend who's always been there for you.
Get ideas for how to word your card or note from the lists below, and use them to write your own cool and unique message to show gratitude and wish your friend all the best in life. Make them feel happy, loved, and cared for.
Messages for a Friend's Birthday
- Happy birthday, my friend. I wish you all the best in life and a wonderful day today and always!
- Happy birthday [insert name]. I wish you every happiness in life! May you have a wonderful day surrounded by those you love.
- Congratulations as we celebrate your [insert year] birthday! May this year bring you all of the good things that you so deserve!
- You are a true friend that someone can always rely upon. Thank you for comforting me when I needed someone to be by my side. Thank you for everything. On your special day, I wish you nothing but good luck wherever you may be. Happy birthday, and may you have a wonderful year ahead!
- On your special day, I wish you good health, happiness, and a fantastic birthday!
- Today, I wish that you have the happiest of birthdays. May this very special year be filled with happiness and prosperity!
- Today is a very special day in your life. As you celebrate another year, I’m wishing you all the best in the world and a very happy birthday!
- On this very special day, I wish all your dreams and wishes come true. Happy birthday to my best friend!
- I know that you will be very happy today that your friend did not forget your special day. Here’s wishing you a very happy birthday! May our friendship last for me to wish you a happy birthday for many years to come.
- I just wanted you to know that I think of you each and every day. May your special day be filled with lots of fun, excitement, and sweet memories!
- I wish you something great that money cannot buy as you get older today. Happy birthday and many happy returns of the day!
- Happy birthday! I am so incredibly lucky to have such a loving and caring friend. Don’t forget to make good use of your special day as you grow another year older!
- You are one in a million! Here’s wishing you much happiness and peace as you start another 525,600-minute journey today. Congratulations, and have a blissful celebration!
- I wish you good health, happiness, and many more years of success to celebrate. Enjoy your birthday!
- Let me use this great event to express my sincerest gratitude to you for doing more for me than I could have imagined. I wish you good luck and the happiest of birthdays!
Birthday Quotes for Your Bestie
- "If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you." —Winnie the Pooh
- "Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration, ends with something sweet, and people remember. It's all about the memories." —Buddy Valastro
- "Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter." —Satchel Paige
- "The great thing about getting older is you don't lose all the other ages you've been." —Madeline L'Engle
- "You don't get older, you get better." —Shirley Bassey
- "Today is the oldest you have been, and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of it!" —Nicky Gumbel
You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.
— Bob Hope
- "You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." —Woody Allen
- "Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again." —Menachem Mendel Schneerson
- "Birthdays are inevitable, beautiful and very particular moments in our lives! Moments that bring precious memories back, celebrate the present times and give hope for the future." —Bsbr Arish
- "May you receive many gifts, and may your day be joyous, and best of all may you be surrounded by family and friends. May all you wish for come true." —Theodore W. Higginsworth
Happy Birthday Messages for a Classmate or Roommate
- I’m glad to celebrate another year with a very special friend of mine. Here's wishing you lots of fun and sweet memories on your special day. Happy birthday, my dearest schoolmate!
- As you celebrate another year of your life, I wish you much love, fun, and happiness. Happy birthday to my dearest roommate!
- On your birthday, I wanted to show my appreciation for all the love and care you have shown to me. Thanks for being there when I needed you most, roomie. Happy birthday and many happy returns!
- Thank you, my dear friend, for the amazing moments I have shared with you. When I was going through a tough time in life, you were there to give me hope and inspiration. You're more than just a classmate to me. On your special day, I wish you good health, a better job, and all the good things one may think of. Have a blissful party!
- Having such an amazing person close to me fills my soul with joy, which is a good thing when you're sharing a room! Wishing you lots of joy and happiness today and every day.
- Thank you so much for your care, kindness, and for being such an amazing classmate. On your special day, I just wanted you to know that I am happy to have such a wonderful person in my life. I will remember you in my thoughts forever. Here’s wishing you all good things on your birthday. Have a joyous birthday celebration!
- Thank you for always helping me, supporting me, and encouraging me. You are my best roommate, and I wanted you to know how much I love you and appreciate you. May you enjoy your special day as much as I enjoy our relationship!
- I can’t imagine how much you mean to me. A schoolmate with a such a deep heart is special and rare; indeed, you are so special to me. Here's wishing you a prosperous year and a birthday filled with sweet memories.
- Thank you for your help. Thank you for your support and encouragement. Thank you for making me smile again. You are one of the secrets to my success in school. Happy birthday! May all your dreams come true!
Birthday Wishes for Old School Friends
Below, you will find some ideas on what to write or say to your old high-school or longtime friends on their birthdays. Use these to inspire your card or note's wording:
- I have enjoyed every day I've spent with you. You are so special to me—truly one in a million, and you will forever remain in my thoughts. Enjoy your special day today, and may the years ahead be filled with good health, strength, and endless happiness!
- May all your dreams come true on this special day of yours! I am happy to have you in my life and wish that everyone could have a schoolmate like you. Here’s wishing you all the best today, tomorrow, and for all the years to come!
- How exciting that you are celebrating your [insert year] birthday party tomorrow! Thanks for the care and for everything you have done in my life during our school days. Wishing you all the best on your special day!
- We have been friends for over ten years, but every beautiful moment we have spent together seems like it was just yesterday. Remembering your birthday is a sign that you are still in my thoughts. I will never forget you for a second. I wish you all the best on your special day!
- Though we have known each other for many years, my memories with you feel like they were just from yesterday. As I join well-wishers in celebrating your special day with you, I say a big thank you for always staying by my side. Enjoy your special day to its fullest! Happy birthday!
- When I look back at all of the memories we've made together, I can’t hold back my joy. I just keep thanking God for bringing us together as classmates. May your special day be filled with sunshine, love, and happiness!
Funny Birthday Wishes for a Friend
- Yikes, the years are really catching up with you, my friend! Just kidding! Happy birthday, [insert name]!
- I'm sorry to tell you you've just grown another year older. But hey, look on the bright side—that's another year you got to spend with me!
- You're getting old, mate . . . next year I'll have to get you a bigger cake for all those candles!
- You're living proof that older doesn't mean wiser. Just kidding! Happy birthday, mate!
- I'm only here for the cake . . . but I may as well wish you a happy birthday while I'm at it. Have a good one!
- Wishing you many more candles for many more birthdays . . . and bigger cakes to put them on!
- I thought of the perfect gift for you. Too bad I didn't get it! This card will have to do instead. Happy birthday!
- I always look forward to your birthday because I know you'll throw a great party. Don't forget to make sure there's plenty of champagne! Happy birthday, friend.
- Friendship is life's greatest gift . . . which is why I didn't get you anything for your birthday. Have a good one, mate!
Religious Birthday Messages for a Friend or Classmate
- Happy birthday to an awesome friend! Enjoy your special day, and I pray that this year is filled with lots of happiness. God bless you!
- Here’s wishing a wonderful friend a very happy birthday. Have a blessed day and a fantastic birthday celebration!
- I hope this joyous day brings you good luck, happiness, and success in life. Have a blessed birthday!
- I hope you have a wonderful time on your big day. I wish you a great year ahead and countless blessings!
- Thank you for helping me when I needed words of encouragement! On your [insert year] birthday, I want to wish you a lot of fun and excitement. And I pray that God will fulfill all His promises in your life. Have a wonderful celebration!
- I pray you enjoy your special day and all the good things that only birthdays can bring. And may the Almighty God honor you more than you have honored me!
- I pray all your birthday dreams and wishes come true. You have been an amazing classmate, and I wish you all the best in this life. May you remain blessed, and may this birthday always be a special one to remember.
- May all your dreams and wishes come true! And may God's divine plan for your life begin to manifest as we celebrate your [insert year] birthday today. Congratulations and many happy returns of the day to an awesome friend!
- I will never forget everything that you have done for me in this world. Thank you for being there for me during my ups and downs in life. I’m pleased and thankful to have you by my side. Have a blessed and fantastic birthday celebration!
- You are such a wonderful schoolmate. I thank God for blessing you with another year. Here’s wishing you all the joy and happiness that only birthdays can bring.
- On the occasion of your birthday, I pray that the days ahead bring you more fun and happiness. And may the years ahead bring you great glory, honor, and peace! Congratulations, and many happy returns of the day!
If you would like to comment on this article or you have other creative ways of saying happy birthday to a classmate, roommate, or friend, please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below! Thanks, and have a blissful day.
© 2016 Oyewole Folarin
salerism on August 24, 2020:
MARIONE on June 13, 2020:
Wow fastastic that someone can't even stress herself on what to write. happy birthday my friend
Olusayo taiwo on April 17, 2020:
Humphrey Rich Soldier Hkn on March 30, 2020:
Job Well Done Guys Thanks
Violet Akisa on August 14, 2019:
oohh woow thanks for this birthday wishes guys
CoreyFrench on April 22, 2019:
I love my friends
Kim Bukky on December 09, 2018:
Lula on September 17, 2018:
Good job. Thank you for easing me the stress of racking my brain
Charles on August 17, 2018:
Santanu Das on February 09, 2018:
On this very special day,
I wish all your dreams and wishes come true.
Happy birthday to my dear lovly friend!
Amar on September 18, 2017:
Peace on August 29, 2017:
This page is very helpful