Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
Happy Birthday, Pastor!
Need to send Christian birthday messages to a pastor, Catholic/parish priest, or minister but finding it difficult to figure out what to write or say? Here are examples of good wishes and greetings to write in a card or note for a spiritual leader on their birthday.
What to Write in a Christian Birthday Card
Show love and encourage them with some of these religious birthday messages, which you can pair with some inspirational quotes from the Bible. If you don't want to write your spiritual leader a card, you can send or share some of the short messages below via text messaging (SMS), email, Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, or any of the social networking sites they might use.
Birthday Card Messages for Spiritual Leaders
Below, you will find some ideas on what to write or say to pastors, priests, or ministers on their birthday. Use these to inspire your card or note's wording:
- We thank God for giving you knowledge and wisdom of understanding. Your sermons are so touching and have inspired many us in the church to always strive hard to do the will of God no matter how little. Sir, as you mark your [insert year] birthday, we wish you good health, happiness, and lots of beautiful things in this world and hereafter.
- Thank you for your concern over our spiritual life. You are an exemplary and visionary church leader who has dedicated his life to planting churches all over the world and winning more souls into the kingdom of God. Your messages are always supported by good Bible quotations and are clear and understandable to the congregation. As you celebrate your special day, may the Lord shower you with more grace and blessings!
- As you attain the age of [insert age], may God continue to increase your knowledge and wisdom. And may He grant you good health and strength to deliver His words to the people till your last breath. Have a memorable birthday!
- We pray the good Lord continues to give you victory over your enemies. They shall never succeed in their plot to lure you away from the path of life that you have chosen. And the whole congregation will continue to follow the light you have shown to us and made us believe in. You are a blessing not only to us but to the coming generations. Have a wonderful birthday!
- May the Lord’s blessings continue to be with you and your family, and may His words continue to move you from strength to strength. I wish you all the best and many more birthdays to come.
- Your messages have touched millions of lives and penetrated every nook and cranny of the city. We pray God continues to be your guide. May He give you the strength to win more souls to His kingdom. Happy birthday!
- As you clock [insert age] today, may God’s blessings, glory, and grace be upon you and your family. Happy birthday to my friend, life coach, and pastor!
- Thank you for letting us know that there is always time to do right in this world and enjoy the hereafter. Some of us are old and had thought we could never be among the righteous men, but through your words, you made us believe that it is never too late to repent and start living a good life. Now that we have accepted the light of God into our lives, we can boldly tell you that today we are living righteous and happy lives again. Today, we join well-wishers to wish you good health and more years of success to celebrate. Happy birthday!
- On the occasion of your birthday, I wish you many more happy returns of the day. May God’s love and peace be with you always.
- I have sincerely committed my way to the Lord. Thank you for allowing the will of God to come into my life. Your inspirational messages are doing wonders in my life. I can now live life again without fear just because I know there is no one except God who is able to do all things. Happy birthday!
We are so lucky to have you in our lives, Father. Thank you for your continued guidance, and have a wonderful birthday!
- You are my friend, Father, mentor, and pastor. Thank you for your captivating and inspiring sermons. May God continue to strengthen you and your congregation! Have a blessed birthday!
- Thank you, my priest, for bringing out the best in me with your messages of love, prosperity, and righteousness. As you celebrate your [insert year] birthday, may God’s blessings, grace, favor, and guidance continue to be with you!
- You are a blessing not only to our generation but to the coming generation. May God continue to make your faith stronger and stronger, and may He grant all your heart's desires as you continue to grow in mind and spirit.
- You will achieve that strong desire in you to deliver as many people as possible from darkness into the light of God. You are with God, and whoever is with Him shall never fail, but continue to succeed in whatever he touches. Happy birthday to my pastor!
- Dear spiritual father, we appreciate God’s presence in your life, and we appreciate your faithfulness and righteousness. On your special day, there is nothing better than thanking God for His mercy upon your life. Happy birthday!
- You have impacted so many lives positively through your words of wisdom. May God’s goodness and mercy continue to be with you today and always! Happy birthday to my friend and pastor!
- We wish you a wonderful birthday. May God give you the power, courage, knowledge, and wisdom to continue to propagate His words to mankind.
- As we join well-wishers to celebrate your special day, we pray the Lord continues to strengthen your faith, establish all your steps, purify you and hold you firm on the right path of life that you are following.
- Your speech, conduct, and faith have inspired us in so many ways. You have shown a good example to all of us in your ministry, and you have remained steadfast in your service to the parish. Indeed, your life is worthy of emulation. May God uphold you and strengthen you. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to my hospitable pastor and mentor. You are committed to your words of truth, prayerful, and you have dedicated all your life to teaching and preaching sound doctrines using inspirational Bible verses. I’m highly honored to celebrate with you today, and I wish you many more years of success and happiness.
- I wish a very special father a joyous and blessed [insert year] birthday. I pray God showers His love, mercy, and blessings upon you and your household.
Short Christian Birthday Wishes to Send in a Text
Below, you will find some common birthday wishes. These are generally helpful if you want to make your message short, such as for text messaging (SMS).
- Sending you blessings on your birthday and wishing you many happy returns.
- May we celebrate many more birthdays with you, blessed friend!
- Happy birthday! May God grant you many more years of good health.
- Here’s wishing you a happy and blessed day and many more years of success.
- I wish you good health, happiness, and long life. Have a blessed birthday.
- I wish you happiness, long life, and prosperity. God bless you.
- May God grant all your wishes as you celebrate your birthday!
- May God be your guide and always keep you happy.
- As you celebrate today, may God shower you with grace and more blessings!
Thank you for always setting such a good example for the congregation. We appreciate all that you do. Happy birthday!
- Pastor, we wish you good health and many more birthdays to come.
- Have a blessed birthday. Here’s wishing you many more happy returns of the day.
- I wish you many more happy years. Sending blessings on this special day.
- May God give you the desire of your heart!
- May God’s grace strengthen you as you mark your birthday!
- As you celebrate another year today, may the good Lord increase your wisdom.
- I wish you many happy and blessed moments in life.
- May God bless and keep you always!
- I wish you all the best and many birthdays to come. God bless you!
- I wish you all the best of birthdays, blessed friend. Enjoy your day!
Inspirational Bible Verses for Birthdays
These are some inspirational quotes from the Holy Bible that you can make use of when writing a religious birthday message. You can pair them with your own unique message for a truly special note.
- “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.” ―Hebrews 13:17
- “For by me the days shall be multiplied, and the years of your life shall be increased.” ―Proverbs 9:11
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” ―Jeremiah 1:5
- “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act.” ―Timothy 4:8
- “The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad.” ―Psalm 118:24
- “Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.” ―Timothy 5:17
- "I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge—God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." —1 Corinthians 1:4–9
Happy Birthday Poems for Your Pastor
If the messages above don't quite express your appreciation fully enough, consider adding a poem to your birthday message.
For all the times you walked with me
And gently held my hand,
The times you stopped to answer why,
To help me learn and understand.
Each time I fall or stumble, you
Reach out to me and lift me up to stand.
You are there in good times,
Even though I forget to thank you.
You are there in bad times,
To pick me up and see me through.
Thank you Pastor for being there
To make each day brand new.
by Judy Crowe
"To Our Pastor"
Our God has sent you to this place
To lead us in the way
That He would have us work and think
And live from day to day.
No matter the hour; whatever the need,
You go the extra mile -
Always ready and willing to share
A comforting thought and a smile.
We're grateful that you're here with us
To teach us from His word,
And we will try to do our best
In service of our Lord.
We thank you for your ministry,
Your guidance and your care.
His greatest blessings for your life
Is our most humble prayer.
© 2016 Oyewole Folarin
Frencie on September 07, 2020:
You are an inspiration...
God bless you...
Tanuja on July 13, 2020:
Thank you... good work ...Its helpful ..all the best
Bright Charisma on July 10, 2020:
Wow, heart and spirit filled birthday wishes. Bravo guys. God bless you tremendously
Abena on July 07, 2020:
Am always inspired by your article
Joshua on April 25, 2020:
Awwn... Amazing I ❤️ this. Great job God bless you
rashen on January 24, 2020:
honor to everyone who added these quotes add more I am hoping to see more of these for our rector's next birthday
Paulina on October 30, 2018:
Thanks very much for your quotes so helpful and powerful. Continue to write and remain blessed.
Grace on September 24, 2018:
May God continue discerning in your writing, may he double your wisdom, increased knowledge and understanding. This is one of the best article I came across telling and thanking God's servants at the right time and as they are... More grace!
Royalhem on August 21, 2018:
Keep up the good work. More grace!
Armas Iiyambo I on August 14, 2018:
Thank you very much for your quote, it is useful. You are doing a good job for us as guide Continue shining for Lord will. And be blessed.
Sandra on August 02, 2018:
Please the last verse is in 1Timothy 5:17 and not Proverbs 22:29
Peter Twumasi on May 01, 2018:
I just want to congratulate you for your good articles. I have been following your articles of late and I have seen that you are always on point. Keep it up!
LDS.KUMAR, * on December 02, 2017:
Msgs & scriptures are most helpful to my day to day life, ifelt happy travelling though this inspirational words
Thanks a lot to you all.