Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
The Secret to Writing the Perfect Anniversary Message
Knowing what you should write in a wedding anniversary note, card, or letter for someone special in your life can be difficult, but is worth the effort. An anniversary letter to your partner is supposed to clearly serve the following purposes:
- To show affection, admiration, and gratitude.
- To make them think highly of you.
- To express what they mean to you.
- To reminisce on all your sweet shared memories together.
- To maintain a happy healthy marriage.
Tips for Writing an Anniversary Card
- Simplicity: Keep your message brief and simple.
- Sincerity: Make sure you’re honest when choosing words or phrases to express your feelings about your partner's skills, attributes, and traits.
- Positivity: Keep the tone of your message positive when describing what you’ve learned or gained from the relationship. Also, be positive and loving when writing about memories of the past shared together.
In this article, you’ll find:
- 1st wedding anniversary messages for your wife or husband
- A sample anniversary love letter for your wife or husband
- One-year anniversary messages for a couple
- Marriage quotes
What Do You Say to Your Wife/Husband on Your One Year Anniversary?
Use the example phrases and expressions below to appropriately wish your partner a happy anniversary.
1. I want to reassure you again that no matter how tough times in life might be, they can never change my love for you. Happy first year anniversary, my heartthrob!
2. Each time you are by my side it makes me feel so proud to have you in my life. Happy anniversary, my love!
3. The first time we met was the happiest moment of my life, and I’ve loved every moment shared together this past year. Happy anniversary!
4. How could I forget my sweetheart whom I carry in my heart every day? Nothing makes me more excited better than being married to you. Congratulations, my dear!
5. Ever since we came together, I’ve learned how to have a relaxing mood with my sweetie, how to nurture our marriage, and how to show respect to my in-laws. This is how much better being married makes me. I love you. Congratulations!
6. I want to live a happy married life. But how can that be possible without you in my life? You have no idea how happy I am when you are right by my side. Happy 1st anniversary!
7. I can’t imagine life without rain or sunshine. You are my jewel, and I will love you for the rest of my life. Congratulations and happy anniversary!
8. You’re all I need to make life worth living. Why? because you’re the most important organ in my body. Happy 1st wedding anniversary, my sweetheart!
9. My body is starting to warm all over. I’ve never felt so warm like this before―it’s because of no one but you. I vow to love you for the rest of my life. Happy anniversary!
10. I’m super excited you chose to include me in your journey through life. I’m really looking forward to many more interesting times together. Happy 1st wedding anniversary, my darling!
11. Whenever you’re not by my side, I always feel like someone violently pulled my heart off from me. Thank you for making me feel beautiful, loved, and happy. Congratulations, my dear!
12. Do you know how much I’m deeply in love with you each time I remember you are in my life? My heart bleeds not because of something else but because your love pierces through it. You’re my source of joy and happiness. Happy one-year marriage anniversary, my sweetheart!
13. Do you know how important you are to me? Your smile and tender touch are enough to win over my trust, respect, and confidence. Thank you for always showing me the utmost honor and attention. I love you, dear!
14. It doesn’t take me a second to notice the strong romantic feelings that you have for me. I love you just as much as you love me. Happy 1st wedding anniversary, my sugar!
15. I feel so excited that I’m not hallucinating about your gentle kisses and tender touch. You add so much value and joy to my life each time I see that twinkle in your sexy eyes. Happy anniversary, my darling!
16. When I’m by your side I feel so at ease and it makes me think I’m the luckiest person in the world. Happy anniversary!
17. I’m starting to feel shaky and sleepy now. And it’s all because of no one but you. Thank you for always putting a smile on my face―especially on those days that I’m feeling down. Happy 1st wedding anniversary, my beloved!
18. I've felt no despair since the day we met. This first anniversary shows how strong our marriage was this past year and I hope the coming years will be blissful for both of us. Congratulations, my sweetie!
19. I just can’t imagine how I feel each time we’re together. It’s as if my heart is moving up out of me into the blue sky freckled with stars. I’m so excited I found you. You're the hero of my heart. Congratulations on our anniversary, love!
20. You’re so adorable, brilliant, amazing, reliable, and loving. I have no doubt when I say I’ve seen all of these traits in you. Happy 1st wedding anniversary, my love!
21. The first day we met, you were full of adoration and I looked at you amazingly. Thank you for always putting my needs and happiness above yours. Happy 1st wedding anniversary, my Romeo!
22. I can’t eat, drink, or sleep without you by my side. It’s been great staying together with you. Thank you for making my every moment in the world full of fun and happiness. May the many years to come bring us beautiful memories! Congratulations and happy 1st-year anniversary, my Juliet!
23. This anniversary reminds me of the beautiful memories of the first time we met. My heart burns absolutely for you. Let me reassure you again that with every second you’re by my side, I feel so much in love with you. Congrats!
24. With every year we’ve shared together, I only fall head over heels in love with you. Thank you for always looking at me lovingly and delightfully. Congratulations, my honey!
25. With the feelings of love, respect, affection, and admiration that you’ve shown to me this past year, I only love loving you more than anything one could ever think of. Happy one year anniversary!
26. Wow, our marriage is one year old today! I'm so excited to see us overcame all the difficulties that came our way since the day I said: “yes I do”. It takes a lot of patience to be a happy couple. I hope we can sustain the love and patience which has brought this happy married life as we walk this journey together. Happy anniversary!
27. There’s truly no one in the world I could give my love to except you. You mean all to me. Congratulations on our first year marriage anniversary!
28. With every year we’ve stayed together, I’m full of joy just because we’re moving together through life successfully. Happy anniversary!
29. Our marriage makes me a better person in countless ways―and I’ll remain so as long as you still remain my sweetie. I can’t wait to see what the anniversary gift would look like today. Congrats!
30. I’m incredibly proud of the way we’ve navigated all the ups and downs in our married life―and I can go on and on to say that the achievements so far is because of no one else but you.
31. It took so much patience and perseverance to nurture this relationship this past year. It’s time to just get started on the next amazing journey together. I look forward to sharing with you all the beautiful memories we have yet to experience. I love you!
32. I just wanted to let you know that I’m as deeply in love with you now than the first day we met for dinner and you said: “I want to be your lifetime partner”. Congratulations, my dear!
33. A tree doesn’t make a forest. I’m happier and stronger now than ever before we found one another. Thanks for giving me all your love. Happy 1st anniversary to my beloved!
34. This card is a gentle reminder that someone so dear to your heart thinks of you every second and every day. I promise to live a good life with you, honey.
35. Taking me down to the place we had our first date is the only perfect gift I could ever receive for our anniversary. Come on, and let’s celebrate like never before.
36. You’re the reason for this wonderful time in our life together. There’s no one who knows how to make me happy the way you do.
37. I vow to always love, respect and comfort you in sickness and in health. Happy first year wedding anniversary!
38. The brilliant future I see ahead bears your bright smile. Happy one year wedding anniversary!
39. Your love is a potent potion which encourages and inspires me always. Happy 1st year anniversary!
41. I feel exceedingly happy about being married to the most beautiful, remarkable, and caring person in the world. I vow to love you until my last breath. Congratulations and happy marriage anniversary!
42. After spending 365 days together with you, I wish to let you know that I found you to be the right man/woman for me. With you in my life, I have no doubt that I’m the luckiest person in the world. I love you. Congratulations, my sweetie!
43. It is hard to believe we’ve just spent 12 months together as a wonderful couple. The sweet memories of the first date we had together are still very fresh in my heart. I love you. Congratulations and happy 1st anniversary!
44. You are the perfect person for me―and in whom I take great pride. Congratulations, my love!
45. Dear sweetheart, I wish to thank you so much for coming into this world purposely for me―and for making life worth living. Happy first wedding anniversary!
46. I don’t know how to express how my life would have been if you did not come into my life. Thanks for giving me respect, love―and for making me a better person. Congratulations!
47. May you be blessed with many more years together as a couple to fulfill all your dreams! Congratulations!
48. Being married to you is the greatest decision I have ever made in life. No one but you makes this marriage blissful. Happy anniversary!
49. I love loving you more now than ever. Happy 1st anniversary, my love!
Sample Love Letter for a One-Year Anniversary
There’s nothing like a heartwarming letter to brighten your partner’s day on your anniversary. Find a sample below to guide you when writing your own anniversary love letter:
This day is solely yours. Truly, I’m filled with so much joy and happiness not just for any other thing―but for the celebration of love which joins us together since. It reminds me of our first date together at [insert name of place] ―and all other beautiful memories we’ve shared together. We have stayed together this past year because we have kept to the law of patience and perseverance.
I have never had any dull moments with you. Even when I’m feeling down, you know exactly what to do to make me happy. You’re such a remarkable life partner. Your cuddling ability is superb. The twinkle in your eyes makes me think that you’re far more than an ordinary human being. Ever since the day we met, you’ve filled every part of my life with hope, joy, and happiness. And I always look at you lovingly. These deep romantic feelings I have for you are unchangeable. Thank you for making me special and cared for more than I could ever put together in words. I look forward to a fulfilling future and a rewarding married life together. Happy 1st wedding anniversary, my dear.
I remain truly yours,
1st Anniversary Messages for a Celebrating Couple
Here are a few ideas for what to write in an anniversary card for a couple on their anniversary.
1. Your first year of marriage has been very wonderful. Here’s to wishing you both fulfilling and very rewarding years ahead. Congratulations on your anniversary!
2. As we celebrate your one year anniversary today, I wish you both all the best in life and a very promising future. Congrats on your anniversary!
3. This day is solely yours. I want to remind you both to keep doing those good things which have been keeping your marriage healthy while journeying through life together. Happy 1st year wedding anniversary!
4. I'm super excited to hear the good news that you're celebrating your anniversary soon. I wish you a very happy life together with your love. Congratulations!
5. Here's to the celebration of the life of an amazing couple of the year. Thank you for being a lovely couple and for making us proud as well. We look forward to celebrating another anniversary with you soon. Congrats!
6. Hearty congratulations to a lovely couple. May your marriage continue to bring peace and happiness to your home in the coming years!
7. Sending well wishes to brighten your day. I wish you all the joy and happiness life has to offer. Congrats on your anniversary!
8. Today is a very special and happy day in your married life. May you continue to have a blissful life together! Happy anniversary!
9. I'm sending wishes for good health, peace, and happiness to brighten your day. Congrats to a very remarkable couple. Happy anniversary!
10. I'm so excited to be one of your guests who share in your joy today. I wish you both a lifetime of joy. Hearty congratulations to both of you on your anniversary!
11. As you mark your first anniversary, may your married life be bright and coming years turn out to be fruitful just like the olive tree. Happy anniversary!
12. May your days together always be filled with peace, joy, and happiness. Here’s wishing you a happy marriage anniversary. Congratulations!
13. Sending best wishes your way as you journey through life together. I wish you a prosperous and bright future in the years ahead. Congrats!
14. What a fantastic and charming couple you are. Congratulations and lots of best wishes to both of you as you mark your anniversary.
15. We are so excited to see a remarkable couple building a remarkable future together. I wish you a matrimonial life together full of love, joy, and happiness. Congrats to the best couple ever!
16. Your relationship which has been growing stronger with time calls for a celebration. Happy anniversary as you celebrate another year of joy!
17. We heartily felicitate with you on this joyous first anniversary. I pray to continue to have many more prosperous, peaceful and fruitful years together. Congratulations!
18. I wish you a happy 1st year wedding anniversary. May your day be filled with sweet memories and love! Congratulations!
19. I celebrate with you on the occasion of your first anniversary. I pray that God will continue to bless your marriage and guide both of you through the years ahead. Congratulations!
20. We rejoice and felicitate with you as you mark your one year wedding anniversary. I’m happy to see you both building a great future together with time. I wish you lots of fun and happiness for years to come. Congratulations and happy first anniversary!
21. May this one-year anniversary usher in endless love, good health, long life, and understanding to stay together in the years ahead! Happy anniversary!
22. We celebrate and share in your joy on this wonderful occasion of your wedding anniversary. You have been a role model and an inspiration to others. Keep doing what you both know how to do best―truly, you both love loving. Happy one year anniversary!
23. Your journey through life together is worthy of emulation. Thanks for being a good example of a loving couple. We are proud of you two. Congratulations and happy 1st year anniversary to the most amazing couple!
24. I wish you a wonderful time together filled with joy and hope you will have many more years of success in your matrimonial life. Happy anniversary!
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” – Rita Rudner
- “Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” – Martin Luther
- “A great marriage is not when the perfect couple comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Dave Meurer
- “My husband and I are best of friends first and foremost. We fight like cats and dogs, but never stay mad for long. I was lucky to find him, he is in every way, my soul-mate.” – Carnie Wilson
- “A long-lasting marriage is built by two people who believe in and live by the solemn promise they made.” – Darlene Schacht
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “Through time your bond is strong; it lasts through sun and storm; you’ll always have your love to keep each other warm.” – Joanna Fuchs
- “A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.” – Paul Sweeney
- “The bonds of matrimony are like any other bonds – they mature slowly.” – Peter DeVries
Wedding Anniversary Poll
© 2014 Oyewole Folarin