Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
First Wedding Anniversary Messages
Knowing what to write in a wedding anniversary note, card, or letter for someone special in your life can be difficult, but it is well worth the effort. A well-composed message can do the following:
- Show affection, admiration, and gratitude
- Express what they mean to you
- Remind them of shared memories
- Create a cherished keepsake for the future
- Maintain a happy, healthy marriage
Tips for Writing the Perfect Anniversary Card
- Simplicity: Keep your message brief and simple.
- Sincerity: Make sure you’re honest when choosing words or phrases to express your feelings about your partner's skills, attributes, and traits.
- Positivity: Keep the tone of your message positive when describing what you’ve learned or gained from the relationship. Also, be positive and loving when writing about memories of the past shared together.
In This Article
- First wedding anniversary messages for your partner
- Sample anniversary love letter for your partner
- Messages for a couple celebrating their anniversary
- Quotes about marriage
- Videos, gift ideas, and more!
What to Say for a One-Year Anniversary
Use the example phrases and expressions below to wish your husband or wife a happy anniversary.
- No matter what happens in the future, even when times are tough, I will always love you. Happy first-year anniversary, my dear!
- Whenever you are by my side, I feel so proud to have you in my life. Happy anniversary, my love!
- The first time we met was the happiest moment of my life. I've loved every moment we've shared together this past year. Happy anniversary!
- Even when we're not together in person, I carry you in my heart at every moment. Nothing makes me happier than being married to you. I love you forever.
- I feel most myself when I am with you. Thank you for accepting me for all that I am and for making me a better person. I am committed to always nurturing our marriage and growing old with you. Happy anniversary.
- You have no idea how happy you make me—I feel like the luckiest person on earth! Happy first anniversary to my sweetie.
- I can’t imagine life without you. You are my jewel, and I will always treat you like royalty. Happy anniversary!
- You make my life worth living. With you by my side, I feel like I can do anything. Happy first wedding anniversary, my sweetheart!
- When I'm with you I feel loved and cared for in a way I've never felt before. You are amazing, and I vow to love you for the rest of my life. Happy anniversary!
- Thank you for choosing me to journey with you through life. I’m can't wait to see where this journey takes us next. Happy first wedding anniversary, my darling!
- Whenever we're apart, I feel incomplete. Thank you for making me feel beautiful, loved, and happy. Happy anniversary, my dearest!
- Do you know how deeply in love with you I am? You are the source of my joy and happiness. Happy one-year anniversary, my sweetheart.
- Do you know how important you are to me? Your smile and tender touch fulfill my every need. Thank you for showering me with love. I love you so much.
- You and I are so perfect together. I love being with you as much today as the day we said, "I do." Happy first wedding anniversary, my sugar!
- Your gentle kisses and tender touch fill me with joy, and I love seeing that sexy twinkle in your eyes. Happy anniversary, my darling!
5 Ways to Celebrate Your Anniversary
More Anniversary Wishes
- When I’m by your side, I feel so at ease. I feel like the luckiest person in the world. Happy anniversary!
- Thank you for always putting a smile on my face―especially on those days when I’m feeling down. You're all that I could have ever dreamed of. Happy 1st wedding anniversary, my beloved!
- This past year was the best year of my life―and I know the coming years will be just as amazing if not better. Happy anniversary, my darling.
- Even after being married for a year, I still get butterflies whenever I see you. You're the hero of my heart. Congratulations on our anniversary, my Romeo!
- You are the most adorable, brilliant, amazing, reliable, and loving person I have ever known. Happy 1st wedding anniversary, my love!
- Thank you for always putting my needs and happiness above yours. I aspire to always do the same for you. Happy 1st wedding anniversary, my dearest.
- Thank you for filling every moment of my life with happiness. May the years ahead bring us many more beautiful memories! Happy 1st-year anniversary, my Juliet.
- My heart burns absolutely for you. I feel just as head over heels in love with you today as I did the day we married. Happy anniversary, my heart.
- As time goes by, my love for you only grows. Thank you for choosing me to be by your side. Wishing you a happy anniversary, my honey!
- I love you more than you could ever know, and I'm so grateful that we found each other. Happy one-year anniversary!
- It takes a lot of work to sustain a happy marriage—but I think we've done an amazing job so far. Our marriage is strong, and it will continue to grow even stronger in the future. Happy anniversary!
- You are my one true love. You mean everything to me. Congratulations on our first year of marriage!
- I’m filled with joy today—our first wedding anniversary. I remember how elated I felt when we said "I do." I feel the same way today and every day,
- Our marriage makes me a better person in countless ways. Thank you for helping me become my best self. I can’t wait to see where our lives will take us in the future!
- I’m incredibly proud of the way we’ve navigated all the ups and downs in our married life. There's no one on earth I'd rather be on this journey with! I love you.
Read More From Holidappy
Even More Ideas for Anniversary Messages
- This past year has been an incredible start to the journey we are taking together. I look forward to all the beautiful memories we have yet to make. I love you!
- The first time we met I knew you were the one for me. Thank you for choosing me and making my dreams come true.
- I’m happier and stronger than I've ever been in my life, and it's all thanks to your love and support. Happy 1st anniversary to my beloved!
- You are in my heart every second of every day. I promise to take care of you and love you forever.
- Being with you is like a gift I receive every day. I'm so grateful that we are sharing our lives together!
- No one knows how to make me happy the way you do. I love you with all of my heart, and I still can't believe we're married!
- I vow to always love, respect, and comfort you—in sickness and in health. Happy first year wedding anniversary!
- The brilliant future I see ahead bears your bright smile. Happy one-year wedding anniversary!
- Your love is a magical potion that encourages and inspires me always. Happy 1st-year anniversary!
- I'm so lucky to be married to the most beautiful, remarkable, and caring person in the world. I vow to love you until my last breath. Happy anniversary!
- As if I needed any more proof, this last year has confirmed what I already knew: that you are the perfect person for me. I’m the luckiest person in the world. I love you!
- It is hard to believe we’ve already been married for a year. I remember our first date like it was yesterday. I love you so much. Happy 1st anniversary!
- The love I feel for you knows no bounds. Happy anniversary, my love!
- Sometimes I feel like you were placed on this earth, especially for me―I can't imagine being with anyone else. Happy first wedding anniversary!
- I don’t know what my life would have been like if you had not whisked me off my feet. Thanks for making my life so wonderful. Happy anniversary!
- May we be blessed with many more years together as a happy couple. I can't wait to see what our future holds!
- Marrying you is the best decision I've ever made in life. You are the perfect person for me, and I love you more with every passing day. Happy anniversary!
- I love you now more than ever! Thank you for marrying me. Happy 1st anniversary, my love.
Sample Love Letter for a One-Year Anniversary
There’s nothing like a heartwarming letter to brighten your partner’s day on your anniversary. Here's an example you can use as a guide when writing your own anniversary love letter:
My Dear Beloved,
Today I am filled with so much joy and happiness. We have reached a wonderful milestone: one year of being bound together in marriage.
Every day I thank my lucky stars for you. I remember our first date together at [insert name of place]―and all of the other beautiful memories we’ve made together. I can't wait to create more beautiful memories together in the future.
Of course not every moment of every day can be joyful. But even when I’m feeling down, you know exactly what to do to raise my spirits. You’re such an amazing human being and a fantastic life partner. Whether we're going out to a special event or just hanging out at home together, there's no one on this earth I'd rather be with.
Ever since the day we met, you’ve filled me with hope, joy, and happiness. I hope I do the same for you because I adore you endlessly and will always do everything in my power to love and support you.
Thank you for making me feel so special and cared for. I'm so grateful to have you as partner in this journey of life. Happy first wedding anniversary, my dear.
With boundless love,
1st Anniversary Messages for a Celebrating Couple
Here are a few ideas for what to write in an anniversary card for a couple on their anniversary.
- Congrats on your first year of marriage! Here’s to many more fulfilling and rewarding years ahead.
- As we celebrate your one-year anniversary today, I wish you both all the best in life and a very promising future. Congrats on your anniversary!
- You two make marriage look easy! I can't imagine a better pair of life partners. Happy one-year anniversary.
- What an auspicious day—it's your first wedding anniversary! I wish you both many more years of happily married life. Congratulations.
- You're my favorite couple ever! I wish you so much joy today and every day. Congrats!
- Hearty congratulations to a lovely couple. May your marriage continue to bring peace and happiness for many years to come.
- I wish you all the joy and happiness that life has to offer. Congrats on your anniversary!
- Today is a very special day. May you continue to have a blissful life together. Happy anniversary!
- I'm sending wishes for good health, peace, and happiness. Congrats to a very special couple. Happy anniversary!
- Your wedding was such a joyful moment for all in attendance, and I'm so blessed to be able to share in your joy today. I wish you both a lifetime of joy. Hearty congratulations on your anniversary!
- As you mark your first anniversary, may your future be bright and fruitful. Happy anniversary!
- May your days together always be filled with peace, love, and happiness. Here’s to a wonderful anniversary. Congratulations!
- Sending best wishes as you mark your first wedding anniversary. I wish you a prosperous and bright future in the years ahead. Congrats!
- What a fantastic and charming couple you are. Congratulations and best wishes as you mark your first anniversary.
- We are so happy to see you building a beautiful life together. Wishing you all the best in the future. Congrats to the best couple ever!
More Wishes for a Couple Celebrating an Anniversary
- Your relationship, which has been growing stronger with time, calls for a celebration. Happy anniversary as you celebrate another year of joy!
- Hearty congratulations on your first anniversary. May you enjoy many more joyful, prosperous, and fruitful years together. Congratulations!
- I wish you a very happy first wedding anniversary. May your day be filled with sweet memories and love. Congratulations!
- Best wishes on the occasion of your first anniversary. I pray that God will continue to bless your marriage and guide both of you through the years ahead. Congratulations!
- We rejoice with you as you mark your one-year wedding anniversary. You are building a wonderful life together, and we wish you peace and happiness for years to come. Congratulations, and happy anniversary!
- May this one-year anniversary usher in a lifetime of endless love, good health, and happiness. Happy anniversary!
- Wishing you joy on this wonderful occasion of your wedding anniversary. You are an inspiration to others; the way that you love and support one another is truly remarkable. Happy one-year anniversary!
- We are so proud of you two. Congratulations and happy one-year anniversary to the most amazing couple!
- Congrats on reaching this day! I wish you a lifetime of joy, love, and success. Happy anniversary!
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” –Rita Rudner
- “Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” –Barbara De Angelis
- “There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” –Martin Luther
- “A great marriage is not when the perfect couple comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” –Dave Meurer
- “My husband and I are best of friends first and foremost. We fight like cats and dogs but never stay mad for long. I was lucky to find him; he is in every way, my soulmate.” –Carnie Wilson
- “A long-lasting marriage is built by two people who believe in and live by the solemn promise they made.” –Darlene Schacht
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” –Mignon McLaughlin
- “Through time, your bond is strong; it lasts through sun and storm; you’ll always have your love to keep each other warm.” –Joanna Fuchs
- “A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.” –Paul Sweeney
- “The bonds of matrimony are like any other bonds—they mature slowly.” –Peter DeVries
Ideas for First Anniversary Gifts
- First Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas: Traditional and Modern
Get inspiration for first anniversary gift ideas for your husband, wife or the happy couple that you know.
- Top 10 Best Anniversary Gifts
Wondering what to get your partner or a couple celebrating their very first or 60th anniversary? I've got them all covered!
- Happy Anniversary Quotes, Sayings, and Gifts
Ideas for those who want to make your anniversary gift, card, or day stand out.
© 2014 Oyewole Folarin