Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
Did your hosts give you wonderful memories during your stay? Did you find their meal mouth-watering? Did you find their shelter pleasing? Did they give up countless hours to make sure you had a great time? Did they make your weekend visit very pleasant? Did you have a very enjoyable overnight stay at their house? Did you have an engaging conversation with them? Were you treated like royalty during your visit?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you've enjoyed the hospitality of a great host! It is important to take some time to thank them for their generosity and thoughtfulness.
Tips for Writing a Thank You Note
Simplicity: Keep the message brief and simple.
Sincerity: Communicate a genuine expressions of thanks.
How to Write a Thank You Note to Your Hosts in 5 Steps
Here’s a useful guide you can follow when writing a hospitality appreciation letter:
- Express what you’re thankful for.
- Give some specific examples about what you appreciated most about the hospitality they showed. Did they make you feel comfortable during your visit? Did you find their meal yummy? Did you find their company pleasing? Did they give up countless hours to make sure you have a fun time? Did they take you around to the best tourist destinations? The above questions will give you ideas about what to write.
- Thank them again, expressing how much you appreciate their effort. Something like “Thanks again for having us over for dinner,” or “Once again, thank you for being such a a great host” will reinforce your message.
- Look ahead. You can say something like “I hope someday that I have the opportunity to return the favor.”
- Close the letter with “warm regards,” “best regards,” “warmest thanks,” or “best wishes” before signing off.
Appreciation Message Writing Template
|Component||What to Include|
What you are thankful for
Thank you for the hospitality you showed during my weekend visit.
Thank you for inviting us over for delicious dinner.
Thank you for letting me stay at your vacation home.
What it means to you
Without your help, we wouldn't be able to make this exciting holiday.
The great time spent with you have our hearts feeling overjoyed.
I really enjoyed the yummy and creamy two cups of warm coffee.
Restate your thanks
Thank you again for being hospitable!
Thanks for such a warm welcome!
Thanks again for making me feel so welcome!
Thank You Message Examples for Hospitality, Dinner, or Staying at Someone’s Home
Here are some thoughtful examples of what to include in your thank you note or appreciation message.
1. We absolutely loved the entire experience we had at your home. The atmosphere was pleasant and the scents of fresh flowers filled the whole serene environment. We also enjoyed the banana smoothie and fresh baked cookies. Thank you for your kindness and generosity.
2. Thank you for inviting me to your house over the weekend. I was extremely thrilled for the warm welcome and amazing hospitality. The guest room was a great viewing area and I enjoyed the stunning scenery of the beach. Thank you again for welcoming me warmly into your harmonious house.
3. Thank you for the hospitality during our visit. We enjoyed everything about our stay at your home. From the moment of our arrival to our last minute at your place, we were treated like royalty. Thanks again for your time and generosity.
4. We were deeply touched by your warmth and hospitality during our visit. We had one of the most beautiful memories and can’t wait to spend our next vacation with you again. You’re absolutely amazing and we can't imagine a world without you.
5. I am thankful for the dinner and warm hospitality. I really enjoyed everything that was served, from the avocado toast to the yummy grilled salmon. Thank you again for your time and generosity.
6. It was really nice staying at your place. We had a very pleasing moment with you and can’t wait to come back to your place for our next vacation. Thank you again for the beautiful experience and fun time we had with you.
7. Thank you for letting us stay at your house. We enjoyed the Starbucks coffee and baked cookies. The coffee was deliciously creamy. We hope that we someday have the opportunity to return this hospitality.
8. It was such a wonderful experience to stay and have dinner at your house. The environment was pleasant, the meal and hospitality were amazing. I can’t say enough about your kindness and generosity. We got carried away by the scents of fresh flowers in your house and aromas from the kitchen. There was so much to be thankful for. Thank you again for your time and hospitality.
9. There was so much to be thankful for about our experience at your home these past few days. All the members of your family were friendly, accommodating, and absolutely incredible. We were beautifully taken care of much more like royalty. The warm reception was priceless. Everything about our most exciting journey wouldn’t be complete without your generosity and kindness.
10. Thank you for giving us such a wonderful experience during our visit. We wouldn’t have this most exciting experience had it not been for your consideration and generosity. Once again, thank you for being such an amazing host!
11. Our experience at your place was fantastic. What an amazing natural place, surrounded by exotic flowers! In fact, we had the most exciting holiday of our life. Thank you so much for the efforts you have made to make our visit enjoyable.
12. I’m so glad we visited your harmonious home. Everything about your house was so fantastic. The room attendant was very calm and welcoming. The drinks and the mouth-watering meals were served to perfections. The sweet natural sound of birds singing and the gentle sound of the waterfall was extremely entertaining.
13. Thank you for letting me stay at your house. It was really a very welcoming home for everyone. Thank you again for your warmth and hospitality.
14. We had a very delightful moment at your house. Thank you for giving us the best treat we never dreamt of. You’re the most amazing person I have ever met!
15. Thank you for your time and gracious hospitality. It was such a fantastic place for me and my colleagues. Thanks again for doing everything you could to make us feel at home. We would love to visit you again.
16. I just wanted to let you know that I had a great weekend at your home. Thank you so much for your warm hospitality. Thanks again for the engaging conversations and fun time which I had with you during our two-day visits.
17. Thank you so much for giving me such excellent royal treatment during my visit. Words are not enough to say how much I appreciated your generosity and kindness in letting me stay at your house. Once again, thanks for being such a wonderful host.
18. Thank you for welcoming me into your home. What a pleasure my weekend had been. The night bar-hopping and rich, sweet wine, all went well. I hope someday that I would have the opportunity to return the gracious hospitality.
19. We enjoyed your company these past few weeks. We cannot thank you enough for all the sacrifices you made in making our visit wonderful. Once again, thank you for having us in your home.
20. Thank you for inviting me to your home. It had the best weekend ever. I will forever cherish the beautiful memories and the coolest moments we had with you while in [insert name of place].
21. Thank you for welcoming us into your home. It wasn’t our first vacation in Alaska but I must add that this recent visit was just too extraordinary, filled with so much fun time. I can’t say thank you enough for the efforts you have made to make our visit so pleasant and exciting.
22. Without mincing words, I had the best time ever during my overnight visit to your home. It was such a great, natural place to relax and have fun. The waiters were very calm and attentive. The atmosphere was peaceful and wonderful. It was the most exciting experience I ever had. Thank you for that special treat. You’re incredible!
23. Thank you for having us over for dinner. The snacks you served were so much that we had to keep the remainder for refreshment the following day. Thank you for being such a great host.
24. We had a very enjoyable weekend stay with you. The fresh, natural breeze coming from the water fountain you sited close to the guest room’s window was lovely and made our night. Thank you for having us over at your house.
25. Thanks so much a very pleasant evening. The banana smoothie and pancakes were prepared to perfection. The treat was much than one would expect from someone who was never informed earlier of our coming.
26. We were extremely impressed by the warm welcome. Everything about our overnight stay was just right. You’re amazing!
27. Thank you for having us over for dinner at your house. It was all fun time and we never had any dull moment with you. Thanks again for your generosity and kindness.
28. Everything was just superb, from the night bar-hopping, the excellent meal and to the serene environment. They all made our stay a beautiful experience.
29. I am so grateful to you for letting me stay at your home. Thank you for giving me more than enough to be thankful for.
30. Thank you for doing everything possible to make me feel just like VIP during my visit. I will never forget your hospitality bestowed upon me throughout my stay. You’re a blessing to me!
31. Thank you for treating me like royalty at your place. Words cannot express how much your generosity really means to me. Thanks once again for accommodating me.
32. Thank you so much for the special welcome and excellent treat you gave me during my visit. Letting me stay at your home really made my business trip memorable. Once again, thank you for being there for me and for giving me a royal treatment during my night stay.
33. I just wanted to thank you for letting my family stay at your house while I was receiving treatment for my ailment. I doubt if I would have got better by now had it not been for your compassionate heart and generosity. Thanks again for being there for us.
34. I would like to use this note to express my sincerest thanks to you and your charming [wife/husband] for the sweet memories you gave me during my stay. If it weren’t for your consideration and kindness, my recent vacation wouldn’t have been filled with beautiful experiences. Thank you once again for accommodating me into your home and making me feel like a VIP.
35. I just wanted to express my deepest respect to you for accommodating me and for your kindness during my holiday in [insert name of place]. Thanks once again for being there for me at a time when I was stuck and too tired to even think a way out.
36. My heart was deeply touched beyond words by the extent of your warm welcome and hospitality. I never had any boring moments throughout my stay at your house. It even got to a point that I was asking myself whether I was actually a guest or a member of your family. Thanks again for making my visit pleasant and memorable.
37. It is hard for me to find the right phrases to express how appreciative I am for the way you hosted my family during the preparation time for our wedding. You stood by us and we were never left alone for a second throughout the wedding activities. The hospitality bestowed on us was exceptional. The generous act made the whole wedding arrangement flawless and full of beautiful memories. Your hospitality is much appreciated.
38. We cannot say enough about our experiences at your house. In fact, everything we wanted to get done during our three-day visits was just a few miles away from your harmonious home. It was such a perfect and convenient place for us. Thanks for going above and beyond to ensure we had one of the best possible experiences.
39. Thank you for being so accommodating and friendly. We had a relaxing holiday at your place and we felt as if you have known us for years. Thanks again for being hospitable!
40. Thank you for letting us stay in your vacation home. Thank you for the yummy lunch. We appreciated every minute of our stay with you. What a great stay!
Short Thank You Messages for Social Media or SMS
Social media sites and apps like Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat, are a great way to let someone know that you appreciate them. You can also send a thank you text using the Short Messaging Service (SMS). Here are some short messages you can use.
Thanks for having us over!
Thanks for such a warm welcome!
We had a very enjoyable overnight stay.
Your hospitality exceeded our expectations.
What a great stay this past weekend!
Thank you, we enjoyed our stay there!
Thanks for a fantastic weekend spent with you!
We felt much better than ever!
Thanks for being hospitable!
Thanks for accommodating me. You’re amazing!
Shoutout to [@name] for letting me stay at your home over the weekend.
I felt much more entertained than ever!
We had a good time. Thanks!
Thanks for every effort that you made to make sure we have a fun time!
© 2019 Oyewole Folarin