Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
An Appreciation Message to Doctors and Nurses
Did they make you feel comfortable in their hands? Did they save your (or your family member’s) life? Did you find their professional services helpful? Did they provide excellent nursing care? Did they prescribe medication to relieve your pain? Did they make your surgery bearable? Did they handle your mental health disorder with a high level of professionalism? Did they respect your dignity? Are you pleased with the results of their treatment?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then that simply shows you how meticulous, empathetic, and compassionate they are. Therefore, it is important we try as hard as possible to commend them for a job well done.
Doctors, nurses, and other hospital staff who made an extraordinary difference in your (or your family member’s) life deserve a thank you note or personalized, handwritten card that can and will make them feel honored and appreciated.
The best way to express gratitude to a nurse or doctor for their time, effort, hard work, professionalism, and excellent care is to send a thank you note and let them know how their medical services or advice really made you feel.
Here are few things you should have in mind if you are in the process of writing a thank you card or letter of appreciation to a doctor or nurse who has provided quality medical care to you, or a friend or family member.
How to Write a Thank You Card Message
The opening of a card is often where most people get stumped about what to write. Follow the six steps below to help guide your thoughts about what to write in a thank you card:
1. Start your note with a personal greeting. For example: “Dear [recipient’s name],”
2. The next line should clearly state what you are thanking them for. For example:
- “Thank you so much for quickly stabilizing my blood pressure when I was going through a difficult time.”
- "Thank you so much for your early diagnosis and treatment."
- “I’m exceedingly satisfied with your professionalism and commitment to excellent nursing care.”
- “I’m so impressed with the results of my knee surgery.”
- “I’d like to thank you for the excellent care and treatment I received at your clinic.”
- “I wanted to write to say thank you for making me feel better in such a short period of time.”
3. The third line should briefly describe your feelings. Here, let them know how their services made you feel. For example:
- “My physical and mental well-being has significantly improved, and I would like you to know that I’m now back on my feet.”
- “You made my well-being your primary focus, and I was always satisfied with the care you provided.”
- “Although I’ve yet to completely recover from my illness, I just wanted you to know that I’m seeing great improvement.”
- “The medications are helpful, and I’d like to tell you that my pain is now a thing of the past. Thank you for being so kind and caring.”
- “If it weren’t for your early diagnosis and intensive care, I wouldn’t have bounced back to my usual self by now.”
- “The medical services I received from you during my stay in your hospital were exceptional. I felt at home throughout the whole recovery process.”
- “This is just a quick note to let you know that the medications you prescribed are providing great relief.”
- “Your hard work does not go unnoticed. Thank you for helping me to quickly get over my illness.”
- “I’m extremely pleased with the top-notch care I received from you.”
- “It feels so good to no longer be confined to the sick-bed that kept me away from my family and friends for almost two months.”
4. Restate your gratitude. For example:
- “Thank you for everything you do.”
- “Thank you for being so compassionate.”
- “Thanks again for everything.”
- “I’m proud to have an amazing personal physician like you in my life.”
- “I’m so blessed to have you.”
- “I’m so grateful.”
5. Close the card with any of these phrases:
Read More From Holidappy
- “Yours truly,”
- “Warm regards,” or
6. Sign your name.
Examples of Thank You Messages for Doctors
- Thank you so much for making me feel happy and healthy at every stage of my life. You have no idea how great you make me feel. You are a wonderful surgeon who truly cares.
- Thank you for standing by me during this trying time in my life. I’d like to let you know that my physical and mental conditions have remarkably improved since the surgery. I’m so grateful for your excellent care.
- Thank you for keeping our hope alive during this stressful time when I had lost all hope of getting pregnant. Words are not enough to express my happiness and gratitude. You are such a reliable and respected obstetrician.
- Thank you so much for being extra careful about my health condition and general well-being. Throughout my stay at your clinic, I had no doubt I was in competent and caring hands. Thank you again for providing excellent care to every person admitted to your fertility center. You’re truly the best!
- Thank you for making a big difference in my life. You’re really a rare oncologist! I’m lucky to have met you.
- Thank you so much for being a positive influence on my life in so many ways. I’m seeing great improvement in my physical and emotional well-being. I would like you to know that I’m very pleased with the outcome of my surgery.
Examples of Thank You Messages for Nurses
- I just wanted to say thank you for making my treatment bearable. The positive impact you had on my life when I was admitted to your clinic is immeasurable. Thank you for everything that you did to treat me. You’re truly an extraordinary nurse!
- I was extremely lucky to have such caring nursing home staff standing by me when I was ill. You made visiting and staying in the hospital as enjoyable as possible. Thank you so much for always putting your patients first.
- Thank you for your excellent care. When it comes to answering questions, giving emotional support, and giving medical advice, you are the best. Thank you again for keeping me in your thoughts before, during, and after hospitalization.
- Thank you so much for paying such close attention to my health. I’ll always be grateful for having someone like you close to me. You are awesome!
- Thank you for being a caring nurse. You are truly the best!
- I cannot thank you enough for always keeping my family members informed of the status of my health. Thank you for everything you did to keep me alive.
- Thank you so much for supporting and comforting my family members whenever they were at your hospital. I’ll never forget the above-and-beyond follow-up service that we received from you after [her/his] hospitalization.
- Thank you so much for giving my mother-in-law the excellent nursing care she deserved. She had a wonderful experience in your nursing home.
Thank You Letter Examples
Thank you for your patience, professionalism, hard work, and commitment to excellent medical care. The medications you prescribed are helpful, and I’m seeing great improvement in my physical and emotional stability. You are such an amazing [doctor/nurse]. Thank you so much for positively impacting my life in so many ways.
[Your full name]
I wanted to let you know that all your doctors and nurses are reliable, respected, caring, and friendly. If it weren’t for the amazing care I received and the proper medical decisions that were made when I was seriously ill, I wouldn’t have regained consciousness by now. You are one in a million. Thank you for being kind and caring while I was ill, not only to me but to my friends and family members as well. Thank you again for everything you did to resolve my health issues in a timely manner.
[Your full name]
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2018 Oyewole Folarin
carter on September 12, 2020:
I just wanted to say thank you so much for your hard work during these crazy times. Thank you for not giving up and having the strength to continue fighting. I know it must be difficult out there but your hard work is what keeps the world going. Know that you are loved and you are appreciated by kids to teenagers all over the world.
Thank you again.
Ross Vicini on April 21, 2020:
a hero is someone who risks and puts there own life in danger to help others and i only thought of hero's lived in movies or comic books, but it takes something like covid19 to sweep over the globe and take so many lives and put so many in danger . n hero's have all got there on symbols you got batman had a bat symbol on his chest , superman has the letter S on his chest , and all who work at hospitals up and down the uk wear 3 letters on there uniform or around there neck, NHS , if it wasn't for these hero's half of the population would have been taken ,so for that the whole of the UK say THANK YOU and GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU
kylie on April 20, 2020:
Thank you doctors and nurses for everything you are doing to help this country get well,we appreciate it very much
Alexandra Gomez on April 20, 2020:
Dear Doctors and Nurses, I admire you for risking your lives for others. Don't give up during these harsh times,It'll pass sooner or later.Stay safe and don't forget to wash you hands!
y.l.g on April 18, 2020:
tthankyou medical centre and for your excellent service . send it to all the hospitals .a little girl.
y.l.g on April 18, 2020:
Thankyou doctors for saving lives in this time of the covid_19 .
thakeyou so much It comes from a little girl.
Dorothy Varley on April 06, 2020:
Dr Wong and all Staff at Ashton View Medical Centre. Grateful thanks and appreciation for the care and excellent service you provide. 5 stars to each and everyone. I really appreciate the service I receive from you.
Ilene Agosto, Hannah and Nakoya on March 31, 2020:
Please know your hard work and the long hours you work, do not go unnoticed. You more than deserve our gratitude for all you do to care for your patients. People are so worried and afraid with this pandemic.. What a gift it is to know there is somewhere we can go when we need help and there are people who give above and beyond to take care of us.
Imelda MacPhee on January 23, 2020:
Thank you so much .Very helpful
Henry CWeber on September 02, 2019:
Like to thank all the nurses at hbg hospital in the ICUUnit especially Jodarn , she went above and beyond thankyou so much!
Farsana Hazeena Rafi on June 23, 2019:
Thanks a lot for the samples that I got in this website