Shakespeare Quotes for Flower Cards
Looking for the right quote to send with flowers or a bouquet? Shakespeare quotations express your sentiments with style and class. These quotes are easy to understand, interesting, and perfect for sharing.
Some of these quotes are very simple sentiments expressed with the old-fashioned elegance of Shakespeare's words. Use them when you want to lend a special lift to your communication.
Shakespeare Quotes to Send With Flowers
It's always best to keep notes in bouquets short and sweet. When offering best wishes and congratulations with flowers, these Shakespeare quotes fit the bill exactly. They are short, sweet, and to the point. These quotes will nicely complement any general celebration with their positive sentiments.
- "Take from my mouth the wish of happy years." –Richard II, Act I, Scene iii
- "Many, many, merry days." –The Merry Wives of Windsor, Act V, Scene v
- "Fair thoughts and happy hours attend on you." –The Merchant of Venice, Act III, Scene iv
- "The heavens give safety to your purposes, lead forth and bring you back in happiness." –Measure for Measure, Act I, Scene i
- "I wish you all the joy that you can wish." –The Merchant of Venice, Act III, Scene ii
- "I wish thee happiness." –Pericles, Act I, Scene i
- "Prosperous life, long and ever happy." –King Henry VIII, Act V, Scene v
- "Many years of sunshine days." –King Richard II, Act IV, Scene i
Shakespeare Quotes for Birthday Flowers
Use these quotes with bouquets or flower arrangements to celebrate a birthday. The quotes will add a touch of elegance to the gift.
- "You were born under a charitable star." –All's Well That Ends Well, Act I, Scene i
- "To me, fair friend, you never can be old, For as you were when first your eye I ey’d, Such seems your beauty still." –Sonnet 104
- "This day is yours, as many more shall be." –Henry VI, Part I, Act I, Scene v
- "In celebration of this day with shows, pageants and sights of honour." –Henry VIII, Act IV, Scene i
- "To solemnize this day the glorious sun stays in his course and plays the alchemist." –King John, Act III, Scene i
- "What hath this day deserved? What hath it done, that it in golden letters should be set among the high tides in the calendar?" –King John, Act III, Scene i
Shakespeare Friendship Quotes to Send With Flowers
These short quotes are a great way to celebrate your friendship when sending flowers. They can brighten up a friend's day. You can use these quotes to enhance flowers and other gifts. Your friend will appreciate the thoughts.
- "I thank you, you are always my good friend." –Henry VIII, Act V, Scene iii
- "I count myself in nothing else so happy as in a soul remembering my good friends." –Richard II, Act II, Scene ii
- "I am wealthy in my friends." –Timon of Athens, Act II, Scene ii
- "...rejoice at friends but newly found." –Love's Labour's Lost, Act V, Scene ii
- "I thank you, good friend." –Measure for Measure, Act I, Scene ii
- "I would be friends with you and have your love." –The Merchant of Venice, Act I, Scene iii
Shakespeare Love Quotes for Bouquets
These Shakespeare love quotes are romantic and positive. They can express your passion and add depth to any bouquet of flowers. Sending flowers to your loved one is one of the many pleasures of romance, and Shakespeare speaks the true language of love.
- "I do love nothing in the world so well as you." –Much Ado About Nothing, Act IV, Scene i
- "For thy sweet love remember'd such wealth brings, that then I scorn to change my state with kings." –Sonnet 29
- "Doubt thou the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love." –Hamlet, Act II, Scene ii
- "Hear my soul speak. Of the very instant that I saw you, did my heart fly at your service." –The Tempest, Act III, Scene i
- "My passion on passion, deeply is redoubled." –Venus and Adonis
- "I make thee a bed of roses, with a thousand fragrant posies." –The Passionate Pilgrim
- "I will requite thee, taming my wild heart to thy loving hand." –Much Ado About Nothing, Act III, Scene i
- "I, beyond all limit of what else in the world, do love, prize, honour you." –The Tempest, Act III, Scene i
- "My love is thine to teach." –Much Ado About Nothing, Act I, Scene i
- "I know no ways to mince it in love, but directly to say ‘I love you.’" –Henry V, Act V, Scene ii
- "I would not wish any companion in the world but you." –The Tempest, Act III, Scene i
- "By the roses of the spring...honour, truth and every thing, I love thee so." –Twelfth Night, Act III, Scene i
Shakespeare Quotes for Bouquets With Praise and Compliments
These Shakespeare quotes offer praise and compliments. They will enhance a bouquet of flowers and make the person who receives them feel good.
- "For thou art pleasant...yet sweet as springtime flowers." –Taming of the Shrew, Act II, Scene i
- "Your worth is very dear in my regard." –The Merchant of Venice, Act I, Scene i
- "I do applaud thy spirit." –The Two Gentlemen of Verona, Act V, Scene iv
- "Your presence makes us rich." –Richard II., Act II, Scene iii
- "I desire more acquaintance of you." –The Merry Wives of Windsor, Act II, Scene ii
- "Nor did I wonder at the lily's white, nor praise the deep vermilion in the rose; they were but sweet, but figures of delight, drawn after you, you pattern of all those." –Sonnet 98
Shakespeare Quotes for "Thank You" Bouquets
Sending flowers to say "thank you" is a long-time tradition. Add a richer meaning to your gift with one of these Shakespeare quotes.
- "A good heart’s worth gold." –King Henry IV., Act II, Scene iv
- "I can no other answer make but thanks and thanks and ever thanks." –Twelfth Night, Act III, Scene iii
- "I thank thee for thy care and honest pains." –Much Ado about Nothing, Act V, Scene i
- "How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a (weary) world." –The Merchant of Venice, Act V, Scene i
- "O Lord, that lends me life, lend me a heart replete with thankfulness!" –King Henry VI, Part 2, Act I Scene i
Shakespeare Quotes for Bouquets on All Occasions
These Shakespeare quotations will enhance any bouquet of flowers and work on almost all occasions.
- "These flowers are like the pleasures of the world." –Cymbeline Act IV, Scene ii
- "Nature and Fortune join'd to make thee great: of Nature's gifts thou mayst with lilies boast." –King John Act III, Scene i
- "With April's first-born flowers, and all things rare." –Sonnet XXI
- "Here's flowers for you; Hot lavender, mints, savoury, marjoram; the marigold, that goes to bed wi' the sun...these are flowers of middle summer." –The Winter’s Tale, Act IV, Scene iv
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Jule Romans