Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
How to Thank Your Coach
Your coach inspires, teaches, and helps you become better at everything you do. Here’s a collection of phrases and messages to help you express your gratitude for their investment in your life.
In this guide, you will find:
- Thank you notes and thoughtful messages.
- Inspirational quotes to encourage your coach.
- A guide to writing a thank you note.
- General phrases to say thanks.
If you want to show your appreciation for them on social media (ex. Facebook, Instagram, etc), you can download the images I've included throughout the guide and tag your coach to let them know how much you care!
Thank You Messages for Your Coach
If you want to go beyond a simple thank you, use the sample messages below and tweak them to fit your sport and coach!
- When I thought I couldn’t reach my goals, you always supported me and kept me going. I want to thank you for helping me reach my potential.
- I want to let you know how much we appreciate your investment in our lives. You saved the club from relegation this season, and it's been an amazing experience from beginning to end. You are our role model and live as an example of how to persevere in difficulty.
- I am so lucky to have a coach who inspires me every day to be better than the day before. I hope I can inspire future champions as you have inspired me all these years. You’re awesome!
- You taught me so much, but also went beyond that to show your love and care for the team. We're so grateful for your efforts!
- I know I can be stubborn and irritating at times. Despite everything, you relentlessly worked with me to help me reach the top. You are an amazing coach.
- I am indebted to you for being my patient guide and personal trainer. Thank you for helping me out and being there for me in both the good and the bad.
- I honestly don’t know what I would have achieved without you in my life. Although the workouts you create can be hard for me to get through, they've helped me improve my mind and body. You’re an incredible trainer, and I'm so grateful for your work.
- Your encouragement and constant motivation pushed me to heights I never thought possible. Thank you for inspiring me to be excellent in everything I do.
- Your leadership and sportsmanship are top-notch. You've helped me improve my performance on the court with less than two months of training! I'm inspired to continue working hard and being a successful teammate. Thank you, coach!
- Thank you for bringing out the best in me. You've influenced my life for the better.
- I’m dedicating today’s victory to you, my patient trainer and role model. You never gave up on me, and I couldn’t have achieved this success without your guidance. Thank you!
- Thank you for training me to become a capable athlete. As an expression of our gratitude, we've arranged a special dinner for you, our special coach who loves inspiring his team to success.
- This note is a reminder that your hard work and time do not go unnoticed. I value everything you do to make me become the best athlete I can be.
- Thank you, coach! I'm excited to say that your efforts paid off, and it’s time to celebrate my victory with you.
- I know the sky is the limit with a coach like you in our camp. Here's to training for more golden trophies in the upcoming season!
- We can't think of a coach more motivating, patient, and inspirational than you. You are truly the best coach ever, and we are so grateful to be working with you!
- Thank you for standing by my side. It means so much to me, and I hope to be able to do the same for you one day.
- I consider myself fortunate to be able to learn from you and your experiences. Your advice has helped me to make it beyond what I imagined myself capable of achieving. I am thankful for and blessed by you!
- It’s a blessing to have such a fantastic and energetic trainer like you in my life. I’m deeply indebted to your diligent service.
- You are the greatest coach and boss I have ever met in my life.
- Your coaching skills and time investment pushed the team to a successful season. Thank you for inspiring us to keep working hard!
- Thank you for being my guiding light, for encouraging me, and for making me who I am today. I am extremely thankful for everything that you do.
- Having you as my coach helped me realize what I need to do to be successful not only in sports but also in life. Thank you for caring for me!
- You helped identify my weaknesses and turned them into my strengths. I will always be grateful for your valuable input and investment in my life.
- Great coaches are hard to find. I am so thankful to have found one in you!
- Thank you for being our strength. The happiness and success you brought into our lives can't be measured. Thank you for being the person you are!
- If anyone deserves a standing ovation today, it’s you. We're so blessed to have you as our guide and trainer!
- Words can't express how thankful we were for the opportunity to participate in the tournament. If it weren't for you, we would never have made it this far.
- Thank you for inspiring us to be confident and to never give up on our dreams.
- Thank you for reminding us that every competition is an opportunity to showcase our talents and practice. You told us we could do it and you were right!
- Thank you for your insight and valuable time!
- Thank you for boosting our morale and lifting up our spirits. We will always strive to be the best because of you!
- I am so thankful for your commitment and willingness to help me grow.
- Your motivation, encouragement, and support constantly inspire us. Thank you for everything you've done for us.
- You taught me that success does not come by working alone, but only when we work together as a united team.
- You’re the best professional I have ever worked with. Thank you!
- I’m lucky to have found a trainer who is friendly and always willing to help.
- We had tons of fun at camp. We can't thank you enough for everything that you did to make training fun and enjoyable.
- If anyone deserves appreciation for the brilliant performance at the tournament, it’s you, coach!
- Thank you for the valuable time you spent to train the team to be better than it ever was before.
- A coach like you comes only once in a lifetime. We're blessed to have you!
- Your vision, commitment, and courage pushed the club to a championship. You’re awesome!
- Thank you for your love, determination, and sportsmanship. We’re proud to call you our coach!
- Thank you for your intense energy, support, challenging workouts, and being a remarkable trainer!
- Thank you for choosing me to be a part of the team and for believing in me. I won't let you down!
Inspirational Quotes for Your Coach
- “All coaching is, is taking a player where he can’t take himself.” – Bill McCartney
- “A good coach can change a game. A great coach can change a life.” – John Wooden
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” – William Arthur Ward
- “It’s amazing how far you can go when someone believes in you.” – Katie Kacvinsky
- “I’ve never felt my job was to win basketball games—rather, that the essence of my job as a coach was to do everything I could to give my players the background necessary to succeed in life.” – Bobby Knight
- “Successful coaches are visionaries. They have a picture of success set in their minds.” – Gavin McGinnis
- “Selecting the right person for the right job is the largest part of coaching.” – Phil Crosby
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Being able to help someone learn something is a talent.” – Margaret Riel
- “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
- “Every noble work is at first impossible.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Sample Thank You Letters
If you want to share something more personal or write more details about how your coach influenced you for the better, a short letter is a great idea. Below are two samples to inspire you.
Read More From Holidappy
Sample Letter #1: From the Team or Players
We’d like to thank you for giving us care and attention beyond the call of duty. We wouldn't have been able to win the championship three times in a row or be known as the best team without your inspiration, guidance, and encouragement.
Thank you once again for instilling the values of discipline, perseverance, and hard work in us—and for making us the world's best. If anyone deserves honor and great respect, it’s you, and you have it from us all.
Sample Letter #2: From the Parents
You are an incredible coach! We've seen the hard work, support, and care you've invested in our child this season. Thank you for motivating my [daughter/son] to set goals and strive diligently to accomplish them. For that, you have our sincere thanks.
How to Write a Thank You Note
If you want to write your own letter from scratch or add a few lines to a sample letter template, follow this guide to express your thoughts.
- Start your letter with “Dear [coach’s name],”
- Express what you appreciate about them.
- Mention how their training, motivation, and guidance made a positive impact in your life.
- Thank them again.
- Conclude the letter with "sincerely", "yours truly", "warm regards", or "kindly".
- Add your name at the bottom.
General Phrases to Use in Your Thank You Note
Please accept my thanks
I’ll always be grateful
Thank you for your input
I value everything you do
Thanks for your guidance
I value your sacrifice
I cannot thank you enough
You’re the best
I'm deeply indebted to you
You make me better
Much love and thanks
I’m so thankful for you
You’re my inspiration
I'm very grateful for you
I’m proud to have you
© 2017 Oyewole Folarin
Lilenna on July 20, 2020:
Thank you for the tips they were very useful
email@example.com on June 13, 2018: