Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
Thank You Teacher Messages From Parents
Do you want to show your appreciation to your child’s preschool or kindergarten teacher by writing a heartfelt thank you note or letter? Whether it's the end of the year or the middle of the term, now is a great time to express your sincere gratitude to your child's instructor for their hard work, dedication, and passion for early-childhood education.
A simple thank you note from a parent can mean the world to an educator. Teachers work so hard to educate our children and help prepare them for the future. Why not let them know that we value everything they do for our children and us?
Use these example thank-you notes and messages of appreciation as is, or mix and adapt them to make something more personalized. You can also read over them for inspiration, then come up with a totally original thank you message. Good luck!
Sample Thank-You Card Messages for Your Child's Teacher
- Thank you for caring for my child each and every day. I’ll never forget the difference you've made in [her/his] life.
- Thanks so much for being so passionate about teaching young children. I cannot thank you enough for your influence on my child’s growth and success.
- I’m so excited that you give my children the care that they deserve. Thanks for being so kind and thoughtful.
- I feel extremely grateful to have you as my child’s preschool teacher. Thanks for your patience and for the quality of care you provide each and every day.
- I would like to express my sincere gratitude to you for preparing my child for a lifetime of success. You're the best early-childhood education teacher I've ever known!
- I’m so grateful to you for your patience, enthusiasm, and passion. I really appreciate your hard work.
- I want to express my sincere gratitude to all the teachers who have contributed to my child’s growth and curiosity for learning. I value your work so much!
- We adore you so much and appreciate all your care and commitment to our child’s education. You're one in a million!
- You never fail to make my [daughter/son] feel comfortable and happy to be at school. You're an awesome teacher! Thanks so much for your hard work.
- Thank you so much for all you do! We wanted to express our appreciation for the affection, care, and support you have shown to our precious [girl/boy].
- It means the world to me to have you as my child’s educator. You are such an important part of my [daughter's/son's] life.
- I’m deeply grateful to have someone like you contributing to my child’s growth and emotional well-being. Thank you again for making me feel comfortable being away from my child while at work and for caring for [him/her] beyond my expectations while I’m away.
Those who educate children well are more to be honored than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well.
More Words of Appreciation for Early-Childhood Educators
- At first, I was a bit nervous about leaving my [son/daughter] with a stranger. However, you've proven yourself to be an experienced caregiver that one can rely on. Thank you for loving my child as much as I do. You’re a talented and energetic teacher!
- Thank you for being a hero to my family—we really appreciate your good work!
- I have no doubt that my children will perform wonderfully in elementary school. You’ve given them all they’ll need to succeed in their future endeavors. Thank you for giving them a wonderful start in their quest for knowledge.
- If anyone deserves accolades for my child’s growth and success, it's you. You’re the most important person in the world. We are really blessed to have you!
- Thank you for always making my [daughter/son] feel special, loved, and cared for. I’m more than blessed to have you as [her/his] early-childhood education teacher.
- You’re a blessing not only to toddlers but to many working parents. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication!
- You cannot imagine how much comfort your support has given me while I'm away from my [son/daughter] each day. Thanks for making me feel at ease while I’m at work!
- Having you as my child’s teacher makes me so happy. [She/He] now dresses on [her/his] own and talks excitedly about how much [she/he] enjoys being in your class. Thank you for being there for my family!
- Thanks so much for making my [son/daughter] feel entertained, loved, and special. I cannot thank you enough for all your commitment to [her/his] academic progress.
Additional Parent-to-Teacher Thank You Notes
- Thank you for equipping my child for a better future. [She/He] can now identify many letters and numbers, and we can see [her/him] growing into a mature and independent individual both academically and socially.
- Thank you for paying close attention to my child’s emotional problems and for not hesitating to bring them to my attention. You're an awesome teacher!
- Thanks for teaching my precious baby [girl/boy] how to write with a pencil, take turns, and wash hands after using the restroom. You're very special to me!
- Thank you for helping my child to explore new ways of doing things—you’re such a wonderful person!
- You’ve been very helpful to my child. My [son/daughter] is now teaching [her/his] younger sibling the ABCs perfectly. What an interesting experience!
- Thank you for teaching my [daughter/son] arts and crafts. [She/He] enjoys painting and can hold a pencil perfectly.
- I’d like to give you the credit you deserve for guiding my child and for making your class a comfortable place for [him/her] to learn and grow into [her/his] education.
- Thank you for being my child's guide and for always being pleasant to [him/her]. Thanks for everything that you do.
- I was extremely excited to see my child practicing [her/his] numbers. [She/He] has learned so much from you. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication!
- Thank you for making my days stress-free and for teaching and caring for my child while I’m at work. You have no idea how much that means to me. Thanks so much!
- Thank you for taking note of the things that my child needs to nurture [her/his] interest in learning and for reporting [her/his] progress at school to me. You’re the best teacher.
- I just wanted to express my gratitude to you for teaching my child some of the basic social skills [she/he] will need in elementary school. I cannot thank you enough for your help.
Sample Thank You Letters From a Parent to a Teacher
Here are some longer-form example messages you can use as templates for letters to your child's preschool or kindergarten teacher. Feel free to revise or modify them to your liking or simply use them for inspiration.
Read More From Holidappy
Example Letter #1
Dear [Teacher's Name],
I’d like to express my sincere gratitude to you and your staff for all your patience, hard work, and dedication; and for being passionate about early-childhood education. Thank you for making it easy and fun for [Child's Name] to learn basic vocabulary and numeracy.
I’m so thrilled about the wonderful experience and quality care my [daughter/son] is getting from you. [She's/He’s] always excited to go to school and raves about [her/his] amazing teachers and friends when [she/he] comes home. Thanks for setting my mind at ease while I’m away, and thank you for everything that you do for my baby [girl/boy] each and every day. You’re one in a million!
Example Letter #2
Dear [Teacher's Name]
I wanted to write to sincerely thank you for taking good care of my child. I cannot thank you enough for your hard work and patience and for giving [her/him] everything [she/he] needs to have fun while learning.
The math concepts you're teaching are going over extremely well; [Child's Name] has even started questioning me about my measuring cups in the kitchen. The books, rhymes, and poems you read in the classroom are doing wonders for my child's vocabulary and expression.
Thank you for giving [her/him] a sense of belonging in the classroom and for encouraging [her/him] to be an independent individual. [She/He] is no longer relying on me to get dressed for school. I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm and passion for children and your willingness to comfort them when they’re crying. Thank you for everything that you do.
© 2017 Oyewole Folarin
McKenna Meyers on February 13, 2018:
As a former kindergarten teacher, I thank you so much for writing this article, Oyewole. I love the sentiments expressed in your samples. I would be thrilled to receive these messages because they'd let me know that all my efforts were being seen and appreciated. Teaching can be such a thankless job — so exhausting and frustrating at times. A note like these would really mean so much to a teacher — more than any mug or plate of cookies. Great job!
Ghulam Hussain from quetta on October 29, 2017:
I appreciate your article and want to say that you need to continue your writing .Don't think of mistakes but try to finish them because committing mistake is not mistake but giving up from your effort is the mistake.