Thank You Notes for Preschool or Kindergarten Teachers
Do you want to show your appreciation by writing a heartfelt thank you note or letter to teachers at your child’s preschool or kindergarten? Don’t wait until the end of the year to show your sincere gratitude to them for their hard work, dedication, and passion for early childhood education.
A simple thank you note to a preschool teacher from parents will suffice and is better than giving them money. It’s one of the most important ways in which we let them know that we value what they have done for us, and it inspires them to do more.
The example thank you notes and messages of appreciation below will inspire you to write your own personalized card or letter.
Sample Messages for Your Son or Daughter's Teacher
Heartfelt Words of Appreciation and Thank You Messages
- Thank you for caring for my child each and every day. I’ll never forget the difference you've have made in [her/his] life.
- Thanks so much for being very passionate about teaching young children. I cannot thank you enough for your influence on my child’s growth and success.
- I’m so excited to find someone who is giving my children the care that they deserve. Thanks for being so kind and caring.
- I feel extremely grateful to have you as my child’s early childhood education teacher. Thanks for your patience and for the quality care you provide each and every day.
- I would like to express my sincere gratitude to you for preparing my child for a lifetime of success. You're the best early childhood education teacher I've ever known!
- I’m so grateful to you for your patience, enthusiasm, and passion. I really appreciate your hard work.
- I wanted to express my sincere gratitude to all the teachers who have contributed significantly to my child’s growth and [her/his] curiosity for learning. I value your job so much!
- We adore you so much and appreciate all your care and commitment to our child’s education. Indeed, you're one in a million!
- You never fail in your job of having my [daughter/son] feel comfortable and happy going to school. You're an awesome teacher! Thanks so much for your hard work!
- This thank you card is a small token and a means to express our appreciation for the affection, care, and support you have shown to our precious baby [girl/son].
- It means the world to me to have you as my child’s tutor. You are an important part of my life.
- I’m deeply grateful to have someone like you contributing to my child’s growth and emotional well-being. Thank you again for making me feel comfortable being away from my child at work, and for comforting [him/her] beyond my expectations while I’m away.
Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well.— Aristotle
Additional Messages From Parents
- I was a bit nervous at first to leave my [son/daughter] with a stranger. However, you've proven yourself to be an experienced caregiver that one can rely on. Thank you for loving my child as much as I do. You’re a talented and energetic teacher!
- Thank you for being a hero to my family—we really appreciate your good work!
- I have no doubt that my children will perform wonderfully in elementary school. You’ve given them all they’ll need to succeed in their future endeavors. Thank you for giving them a wonderful start in their quest for knowledge.
- If anyone deserves accolades for my child’s growth and success, it's you. You’re the most important person in the world. We are really blessed to have you!
- Thank you for always making my [daughter/son] feel special, loved, and cared for. I’m more than blessed to have you as [her/his] early childhood education teacher.
- You’re a blessing not only to toddlers but to many working parents. Thank you for your hard work and dedication!
- You cannot imagine how much comfort your support has given me while I'm away from my [son/daughter] for hours. Thanks for making me feel at ease while I’m away!
- Having you as my child’s teacher makes me so happy. She/he now dresses on [her/his] own and talks excitedly about how [she/he] enjoyed swinging on your swings. Thank you for being there for my family!
- Thanks so much for making my [son/daughter] feel entertained, loved, and special. I cannot thank you enough for all your commitment to [her/his] academic progress.
- I was extremely excited to see my child reciting the American national anthem. She/he has learned so much from you. Thank you for your all of your hard work and dedication!
- Thank you for making my days stress-free and for caring for my child while I’m at work. You have no idea how much that means to me. Thanks so much!
- Thank you for taking note of the things that my child would need to nurture [her/his] interest in learning and for reporting [her/his] progress each day at school to me. You’re the best teacher.
- I just wanted to express my gratitude to you for teaching my child some of the basic social skills [he/she] will need in elementary school. I cannot thank you enough for your help.
- Thank you for equipping my child for a better future. He can now identify some letters and numbers, and we can see him growing into a mature and independent individual, academically and socially.
- Thank you for paying close attention to my child’s emotional problems and for not hesitating to bring them to my attention. You're an awesome teacher!
- Thanks for teaching my precious baby [girl/boy] how to write with a pencil, take turns, and wash hands after using the restroom. You're very special to me!
- Thank you for helping my child to explore new ways of doing things—you’re such a wonderful person!
- You’ve been very helpful to my child. My [son/daughter] is now teaching her younger brother the ABCs perfectly. What an interesting experience!
- Thank you for teaching my [daughter/son] arts and crafts. She/he enjoys painting and can hold a pencil perfectly.
- I’d like to give you the credit you deserve for guiding my child and for making your class a comfortable place for [him/her] to learn and grow into adulthood.
- Thank you for being [his/her] guide, and for always being pleasant to [him/her]. Thanks for everything that you do.
Sample Letters from Parents
Sample Letter #1
Dear [Name of Teacher],
I’d like to express my sincere gratitude to you and your staff for all your patience, hard work, and dedication; and for being passionate about early childhood education. Thank you for making it easy and fun for [name of your child] to learn basic vocabulary and numeracy.
I’m so thrilled about the wonderful training and quality care my [daughter/son] is getting from you. [She/he’s] always excited when going to school and talks more about [her/his] amazing teachers and friends at school when [she/he] comes home. Thanks for setting my mind at ease while I’m away, and thank you for everything that you do for my baby [boy/girl] each and every day. You’re one in a million!
Sample Letter #2
Dear [Name of Teacher]
I wanted to write to sincerely thank you for taking good care of my child. I cannot thank you enough for your hard work, patience, and for giving [him/her] everything needed to have fun while learning.
The kindergarten math concepts are working extremely well, which I have noticed from [his/her] constant questioning about my measuring cups in the kitchen. The preschool books, rhymes, and poems are all helpful to my child's vocabulary and expression.
Thank you for giving [her/him] a sense of belonging in the classroom, and for encouraging [her/him] to be an independent individual. [She/he’s] no longer relying on me to get dressed for school. I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm and passion for children, and for comforting them when they’re crying. Thank you for everything that you do.
© 2017 Oyewole Folarin