Thank You Notes and Appreciation Messages for a Therapist
How to Say "Thank You" to a Therapist
Need to write a "thank you" note to a physical therapist, speech therapist, occupational therapist, massage therapist, or physiotherapist and don’t know how best to go about doing it? Someone who has helped you to regain your full potential or who has helped you manage your chronic pains through physical exercise, massage, stretching maneuvers, or any other prescribed therapy deserves a handwritten note of appreciation or card from you.
Although writing a short perfect thank you letter to them can seem like a time consuming task, it's an incredibly thoughtful gesture. Someone might find it daunting to choose the right words to use at times. It will be nice to make effort in identifying some good words to express your heartfelt appreciation to your healthcare providers to show them how pleased you are and how their care has being very helpful to your healthy recovery.
This article will guide you on how to put the strong emotions you have for them into words. Keep in mind that your note could also go a long way serving as “inspirational stories of success” to others still battling with stroke, traumatic brain injuries, or any other chronic pains that you had successfully battled. Therefore, it is very important for you to learn about the art of writing your own personalized messages to express your gratitude.
Now, how do you go about writing your own thank you notes for their care and support right from your first visit and throughout the therapy sessions?
Saying "Thank You" to a Therapist
When someone does something nice for you, a handwritten thank you letter is called for to express your thankfulness to them. Follow this guide to write your own unique message in a card or note.
Tips: What to Say to a Therapist
Follow these 3 steps to inspire you on what to write:
- Mention the help: I mean that particular thing he or she did that called for a thank you.
- Express your feelings: Say something about how their service has made a big difference in your life.
- Close your letter: Do this by saying thank you once again.
Note: If you are able to recollect all your memorable experiences with them during the therapy sessions, and you follow these 3 steps, I strongly believe that you too will be better off crafting a perfect thank you note.
Common "Thank You" Phrases
Below, you will find some common "thank you" phrases. These are useful especially if you want to make your appreciation message short and nice. They are things you can also make use of when writing a goodbye letter.
- I appreciate your efforts.
- Thanks for the care.
- I’m delighted that I can walk again.
- I’m so thankful.
- I’m so much relieved.
- I’m pleased.
- I’m highly satisfied.
- Your help will stay in my heart forever.
- Thanks for your attention and care.
- I appreciate your professional care.
- Thank you for the warm reception.
- I felt cared for.
- Thanks for your compassionate heart.
- Thank you very much.
- Grateful for being my therapist.
- I appreciate your compassion.
- Your treatment is much appreciated.
- Your treatment is more than enough.
- Sincerely appreciated.
- I thank you wholeheartedly.
- Wholeheartedly appreciated.
- Thanks for being attentive.
- I truly appreciate your patience.
- I’m really touched beyond words.
- I’m extremely grateful.
- My heart keeps thanking you.
- I appreciate your kind support.
- I’ll be grateful forever.
- Thanks for the diagnosis and treatment.
- Words are not enough to show my thankfulness.
Sample Messages for Therapists
Below, you will find some ideas on what to write or say to a physical therapist, massage therapist, speech therapist, or occupational therapist that helped you regain your full potential. Use these to inspire your note or card's wording. There is nothing as good as letting them know you appreciate all their time and efforts through a "thank you" note or card.
1. “Thank you so much for the wonderful care and treatment you gave me during my therapy sessions. The stretching maneuvers were very helpful to my physical well-being, my pains are completely gone, and I can join my teammates to play badminton again without stress. Once again, thank you for being such a kindhearted care provider and for making the treatment bearable.”
2. “I just wanted to thank you for helping me recover quickly from my back pain. God used your magical healing hands to remove all the pains, and I can now go out as usual doing what I love to do. Thanks once again for the fantastic recovery.”
3. “I would like to express my sincerest thanks to you for all the care and support you gave to my child. If it weren’t for your early diagnosis of where the problem was and your prompt treatment, her voice wouldn’t have been better by now. Thank you once again for all your unflinching support and care during the speech therapy sessions.”
Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.— Henry Ward Beecher
4. “I just wanted to express my profound gratitude to you for taking good care of me and for your patience and understanding during the rehabilitation exercise. You stood by my side right from the first visit and to the end of the six weeks therapy. I never had any dull moments throughout my stay at your clinic. And it got to a point that I was wondering if I was the only patient seeking adequate healthcare in the clinic. Thanks for doing more than enough to help me.”
5. “I would like to express my sincere thanks for all the treatment I received for my right ankle. You were all kind to me right from my first appointment and throughout each of the physical therapy sessions. Thanks once again for making my treatment bearable.”
6. “It is hard for me to find the right words to express how thankful I am for the way you handled my uncle traumatic brain injuries. He was never left alone throughout the therapy activities. You were patience enough with me in managing his pains and the professional attention given to him was exceptional. All these helped him to regain his full strength in less than six weeks therapy sessions proposed for his complete recovery from the injuries. Thanks for your care and concern.”
7. “I just wanted to let you know that my level of mobility has improved tremendously and the pains are all completely gone. I have joined my teammates at the training camp and fully ready for the next week football match. Thanks for making my physical therapy easier and fun.”
What You Can Get for a Therapist to Say "Thank You"
Another nice way to say "thank you" is to include gift cards inside your appreciation note. Amazon.com gift cards never expire and can be redeemed for millions of items. So, whenever you’re having some difficulties choosing the proper way to show appreciation, simply get your therapist gift card to help him or her treat him or herself well the way he or she would want it. A simple "thank you" gift card from Amazon.com is usually a perfect gift to give them at the end of the therapy sessions and say goodbye.