Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
Did a friend recently help you out in a significant way, and you're not sure how to tell them how much you appreciate their kindness? Sometimes it's hard to know what to write to show someone just how much you appreciate them. Fortunately, I'm here to help!
This article is an original collection of messages, quotes, and sayings that you can use to write a wonderful, heartfelt thank you card or note to someone who helped you. You can use the examples below to craft your own unique appreciation messages or just use them as they are. Some of these are perfect for cards because they're a bit longer and more in-depth, while others are great for a text message, Facebook, or other social media applications because they're succinct but powerful.
Thank You Card Message Examples for Someone Who Has Helped You
Here are just a few thoughtful examples of what to write in your thank-you note or appreciation message.
- You are a wonderful friend, and I appreciate your love, kindness, support, and generosity. Thank you!
- You're a great boss and mentor. Thank you for helping me out; I really appreciate your kindness and support.
- Thanks for being there for me when I really needed you. I appreciate you so much.
- I just wanted to write to let you know how much I appreciate the positive influence you've had on my life. Thank you for your concern and useful advice! I’ll be forever grateful.
- You inspired me during a difficult time when I needed words of encouragement. You don’t even know how much your help meant to me. Thank you.
- Words cannot express how grateful I am for your help. You were there for me when I needed it the most. Thank you for everything that you've done to help me.
- You never fail to make me smile. Thanks so much for your help and support!
- I am incredibly fortunate to have someone like you in my life. I couldn't have done with without you. Thank you.
- Words cannot express how grateful I am for your kindness and generosity. Thank you so much for being there for me.
- Consider this card a small token of my appreciation for the generosity you have shown me.
- You are such a generous, kind person. Thank you for all your help!
- Thanks for all your help and encouragement. You always make me feel special. I love you.
- I will always remember your kindness and support. Thank you very much!
- Words are not enough to express to you how grateful I am for the help you gave me. Thank you; I only hope I'll be able to return the favor to you sometime. Anything you need, just ask me!
- I just wanted to express how much I appreciate your support. Thank you for being there for me.
- Few people have the privilege of having such a supportive and giving friend. I am beyond lucky to have you in my life. Thank you for being there for me yet again. I am so grateful that you are in my life.
- Please accept my warmest thanks for your thoughtfulness and words of comfort. I appreciate you.
- Please accept this thank you card from me as a small token of appreciation for the support you've given me. Your kindness means a lot to me.
- You cannot imagine how much strength your support has given me during this difficult time. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and your words of encouragement.
How to Say Thank You to a Friend Who Gave You a Gift
Below are some samples of thank you messages for a gift received from a friend or loved one:
- Your gift was so awesome. Only one of my closest friends would have known me well enough to get something like it for me. Thank you!
- Thank you so much for the present! I'm lucky to have you as a friend.
- You are such an amazing gift giver. Thank you so much for putting a smile on my face.
- Thank you for your awesome and thoughtful graduation gift!
- I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw your gift! I have no idea how to return the favor. Until I do, thank you.
- I'm truly grateful from the bottom of my heart for the special gift you gave me. I just wanted to let you know how generous and thoughtful I think you are.
- This is just a little note to thank you for giving me something so special. I'm very grateful for our friendship.
- Thank you for your wonderful gift! I'm so grateful to have you as a friend.
- I just wanted to let you know how much I love the gift you gave me. You knew exactly what I wanted. Thanks so much!
- Your thoughtful gift couldn't have come a better time. I needed this so much. Thank you for your kindness.
- Your thoughtfulness is a gift I will always treasure. You are the best. Thanks a lot!
- Your gift touched me beyond words. I just can’t believe how beautiful the [gift] is. You are so generous and kind and I can't wait to see you again!
- Dear friend, thank you for your thoughtful and generous birthday gift. I love it. Thanks!
- Thank you so much for coming the other night and for your lovely gift. It was so great to see you!
- Thank you so much for the lovely gift and for coming to my party. I always love catching up with you.
- Thank you for the amazing gift! I always appreciate how you make time for me even with your tight schedule.
Thank You Messages and Quotes That Include God or Religion
- I am truly blessed to have someone like you in my life.
- I thank God for sending you to help me in my time of need.
- You are a blessing in my life. Thank you for everything that you do.
- I want to thank the entire congregation for reaching out to me and supporting me. Thank you for everything that you've done to help me.
- You are a blessing to me, and I will always remember your kindness.
- God works in mysterious ways, but it's no mystery to me why you're in my life. Bless you, for your kindness and support.
- The way that you helped me is a clear demonstration of why you're a shining example at our church. You embody kindness, generosity, and so much more.
- "I need to find a church on Sunday. I need to say 'please' and 'thank you,' 'yes, sir' and 'no, ma'am.' Do the little things because that's part of being an adult." - Joe Nichols
- "Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality." - Alfred Painter
- “God gave you a gift of 84,600 seconds today. Have you used one of them to say thank you?” - William Arthur Ward
- "A simple grateful thought turned heavenwards is the most perfect prayer."
- Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
- “In everything, give thanks.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- “I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.” - 1 Corinthians 1:4
- "First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all..." Romans 1:8
- "I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers." Ephesians 1:16
Short Thank You Messages for Social Media
Don't quite have the time to write or make a card? Social media sites and apps, like Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat, are a great way to let someone know that you appreciate them. Here are some very short thank you messages.
- Thanks for helping me!
- Your kindness is immensely appreciated.
- You couldn't have shown up at a better time.
- Thank you, my friend!
- So glad that you could help me out.
- It rocks that I have such a supportive friend.
- You have my eternal gratitude.
- Shoutout to [@name] for being there for me.
- [@name] is the best and has my back!
- Stopping by to give you a quick "thanks!"
You could also:
- Send a selfie.
- Send a gif.
- Send a shoutout like the [@name] messages above.
Thank You Quotes and Sayings
- "Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” - Brian Tracy
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” - John F. Kennedy
- “Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness.” - Richard Bach
- “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde
- “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” - Henri Frederic Amiet
- “Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim.” - William Feather
- “The unthankful heart . . . discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!” - Henry Ward Beecher
- "None of us got to where we are alone. Whether the assistance we received was obvious or subtle, acknowledging someone's help is a big part of understanding the importance of saying thank you." - Harvey Mackay
- “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” - James Allen
Consider Including a Gift in Your Thank You Card
Another nice way to show gratitude is to include a gift card inside your appreciation note. It simply expresses “thanks” for a friend's help, kindness, or support. Amazon gift cards never expire and can be redeemed for millions of items, so they make a great gift for a friend whose specific interests and tastes you may not be familiar with. Consider including one with your card to give your friends and family an opportunity to splurge on something they like.
Thanks for taking the time to know who I really am.
Questions & Answers
Question: How do you Show Appreciation and Express Gratitude in Words?
Answer: If you’re brainstorming on ways to show appreciation and express gratitude to someone for their good work, thoughtfulness, support, kindness, or help, one great idea is to send a thank you card or note. Here is a useful guide to writing an appreciation letter to help you get started.
• Start with a personal greeting. For example: “Dear [recipient’s name],”
• State what you are grateful for
• State what their support, kindness, or help means to you, as well as the difference they made in your life
• Thank them again
• Close the letter with “Kindly” or “Best regards” followed by a comma
• Sign your name
© 2014 Oyewole Folarin
Joseph on July 30, 2020:
I want to thank the developers of this platform. Infact it has really helped me on how to give Thanks to those people who have supported your event.
Google on May 02, 2020:
Brian land on August 25, 2019:
Thank you so much for everything
shirley doherty on July 14, 2019:
How can I be sure I can get this website when I need it? Seems like when I find a good site I can't ever get it again. Help me, please.
Antonio lenzi on July 03, 2019:
Thanks alot this the greatest message of my life thanks once again
SHARON japps sweat on May 25, 2019:
thank you for all your help
dani on April 29, 2019:
it is really worth to use to the people who really deserve it
Mhn on April 17, 2019:
I'm very grateful to you for these wonderful words that you have shared here. I really appreciate it..
Abant on April 09, 2019:
Thank you very much for the beautiful and wonderful messages.This site is the best.
I really appreciate
A Johnson on December 01, 2018:
Thank you for all your words, they express how I feel but unsurprisingly find the words. Thank you again!
Oy on November 27, 2018:
Thank you so much for your help!
Rose on November 24, 2018:
Thank you so much! May God Bless you
Obaapa Exquisite on September 06, 2018:
Thanks so much for this wonderful quotes
CHRISTINE on August 24, 2018:
I wanted you to know how much i appreciate your site. thank you so much. god bless☘
Daisy on August 20, 2018:
Thank you so much!
Sarah Osei Gyamfi on August 03, 2018:
thanks so much for such education
Isobel on July 19, 2018:
Thank you for all of these thank you quote sans messages. Sometimes it's hard to find the right words but you've helped. Thank you.
Suparna Adhikary on July 14, 2018:
Thank you so much for your help.
Swamy on July 06, 2018:
Good job.. keep it up
Carmen FELICIANO on June 30, 2018:
Thank you for all the help .
Bagath on June 17, 2018:
Mades MEAS on February 28, 2018:
Greatly helpful resource.
Appreciate all that you do to make this post available.
God bless y'all...!
Rebeccahopkins6yahoo.com on February 18, 2018:
Thank Y'all So Much For Helping Me
Wahidullah on January 26, 2018:
Fabulous on January 16, 2018:
Am really thankful for this wonderful platform of how to appreciate and say thank you to a good friend,indeed helpful.
mksuan mg mg on November 28, 2017:
Hi there !
It is very helpful indeed. I am so thankful for the post on how to say and write thank you to someone.
maria wilfred on November 09, 2017:
loving it, its do really help me
Wahidullah on November 08, 2017:
Thanks a lot Mr.Folarin
For You Useful (Thank you message)
God Bless you...
Thoughtful and generous on November 06, 2017:
Thank you sharing your gifted insight of words to express gratitude and appreciation. I found just the phrase I needed.
ynah on November 01, 2017:
email@example.com on September 14, 2017:
Thank you for the help! I truly appreciate this so much.
Omobaclara on September 05, 2017:
Thank u very much it really helpful
I love it
Tanya Jones from Texas USA on August 22, 2014:
John Kralik's book, A Simple Act of Gratitude, has made me more aware of the importance of saying thank you more often. Being able to say thank you in the right way is icing on top of the cake. Great hub.
Oyewole Folarin (author) from Lagos on August 20, 2014:
@Bettyshares, am happy you enjoyed my thank you card messages and sayings. More of stuffs like this are coming like the recently published happy retirement wishes for a coworker or colleague. Have a blissful day. Thanks!
bettyshares from Lighthearted Musings on August 19, 2014:
These thank you messages to write in a card if very useful, I think I will be able to get some ideas for cards I send out this year. Keep up the good work!