Thank You, Dad
As a son or daughter, you are bound to express love for your dad on Father's Day and his birthday. But if you say something sweet, write something funny, or give him a warm hug on a random day to thank him for everything he has done, he will feel like the luckiest father in the world. You, your brothers and sisters, and your mom can also pool money to pamper your dad by buying him a gift.
Thank-You Poems for Dad: Short Rhymes to Express Gratitude to Your Father
Poems are supposed to come from the heart. Think about the special moments you have spent with your dad, and jot them down on a notepad. Jog your memory and think about the time your dad sacrificed something to be there for you on your birthday, when he carried you on his shoulders, or how he bought something that you always wanted.
You will find that there are thousands of reasons why you should thank your dad for making your life the sole purpose of his life. Instead of waiting for Father's Day, surprise your dad by giving him a thank-you card out of the blue. He may or may not cry after reading your poem, but his heart will melt, and he will give you a warm hug.
- On my first birthday
You gave me a toy car
On my sixth birthday
You taught me how to ride my bike far
On my 12th birthday
You gave me a Nintendo
On my 15th birthday
You taught me relationship stuff that I didn't know
On my 18th birthday
You told me I was your grown up son
On my 21st birthday
You taught me how to have fun
All the way to my rebellious youth
From my tender childhood
You were the perfect example
Of doing things that an amazing dad would
- Whenever you get mad
I get really scared
But I also feel bad
For making you feel sad
I just want to be the lad
Who makes his father glad
This gratitude is not a fad
You are truly the best dad
I could ever have had
- No matter where I go
No matter what I become
I can always seek peace
By holding my daddy's thumb
No matter what I do
No matter how I am
I can always find support
In my dad, who is a gem
Thanks for everything, Dad
- There are two things
That I have learned from you
One of them is to never lie
And to always be true
The second one is
To never hurt anyone
And to treat people
As if they are second to none
- You didn't scold me
When I got bad grades
You didn't scold me
When I lied to you about the party
You didn't scold me
Even when I crashed you car
You didn't scold me
But the sadness in your eyes
I could clearly see
Thanks for being patient and mild
That was the biggest lesson there could be
- If life were a golf course
I would be a rogue golfer
Roaming the greens
Like a complete loafer
But you would be my savior
Like a wise caddy
I would survive on your advice
Thanks, my dear Daddy
- In every princess' life
There is always a prince
Who rescues her
Every time she winces
But more important than him
Is a genie called "Dad"
Who grants all her wishes
And comforts her when she is sad
Thanks for being the genie in my life, Dad
- Don't lie
Don't break hearts
Don't be over-smart
Don't betray others
Don't break promises
Don't be too serious
Life is full of surprises
These are not just any lines
Out of a holy book
These are words of advice
From my daddy, that I took
Thanks for teaching me the ropes of life, Dad
- You turned the worst strife
Into the best parts of my life
By teaching me to remember what I Iearned
And forgetting how I got burned
You taught me how to sail through
I wouldn't have made it if not for you
- I am glad I have a father like you
Or I wouldn't have learned to be honest and true
I wouldn't even have learned how to be well-behaved
My life's path, I wouldn't have so easily paved
But thanks to you, Dad, I have everything
With you by my side, I am scared of nothing
- A dad who is loving
A dad who is so giving
A dad who is admirable
A dad who is so approachable
A dad who is so marvelous
A dad who is nothing less than tremendous
Is the kind of dad that God gave me
I am so lucky, now can you see
- How could I ever forgive
Myself for being so naïve
And rebelling against you when I was young
Little did I know that you were my hero unsung
But you never cringed or complained
Whether I hurt your feelings or your heart, I pained
Thanks for being such a tolerant father
Not everyone has such exemplary caliber
- It's all over Facebook and Google Plus
Today is the day when I will make all the fuss
It's all over Twitter and Pinterest
That I have a dad who is the best
It's all over MySpace and LinkedIn
That my dad is the one in my life who made me win
- Not everyone gets
A dad like you
I bet I am
One of the lucky few
And since I have
The best dad ever
I wouldn't do anything
That make our ties sever
- Cool and unruffled
In times troubled
Calm and peaceful
In times wonderful
Balance and stability
Is the secret key
To live an amazing life like you
Is what you have always taught me to do
- I am proud to have taken after my dad
My upbringing was the best I could have had
I am glad to grow up to be like you
To inherit your qualities, I want to continue
I thank God that he gave me your house to take birth
Of wonderful dads like you, there is a serious dearth
- In my tender age
On me, you made a perfect impression
When I started to grow
You showed me how the game of life is won
When I became an adult
You told me how
I should live in the moment
Here and now
At every stage of life
You gave me advice and some of your wisdom
Thank you, Dad, for being
So fantastic and awesome
- Dear Dad, today I am sad
Not because something bad has happened
But because I have just realized something
And my mind has been opened
All my life I was only thinking about myself
And wanted you to do stuff for me
But I have been very selfish all this time
Is what I can see
Let me start cleansing my conscience
By saying how grateful I am to you
For all the happy memories and happy times
Thanks, Dad, you have been great through and through
- You are a great husband to Mom
You are a great dad to us
You are a great employee to your boss
And all this, you do without a fuss
But more than all this
You are a great human being, too
Today we just want to say something
That was much overdue—thank you
Loving and Funny Messages to Say "Thank You" to Your Father
Thank-you messages are awesome if you're no longer living with your parents and live in a different city or state. Use Facebook, Twitter, or text messages to make your old man happy every once in a while by thanking him for his contribution to your life.
Pick out sweet and funny moments from your childhood, jot the memory down in a message, and express your gratitude to your father for giving you a reason to smile. Keep doing this every now and then so that your dad always has a smile on his face.
- When I was shy guy, my teachers, friends, and everyone else tried to force me to come out of my shell, but it never worked. It was only you, my dear father, who asked me to be myself and enjoy whatever I was doing. That naturally made me come out of my shell. Thanks, Dad.
- My daddy does not wear the most expensive clothes, but his hugs are still warmer than the most expensive sweater money can buy. That is because my daddy does not have the biggest bank balance, but he has the biggest heart. Thanks, Dad, for teaching me that money is not everything.
- I want to say "thank you," not just for the money you lent me in college, but for the support you have given me all my life. Thanks, Dad.
- Having you as my dad is like winning the jackpot—I have a cool friend, a supportive big brother, and a patient dad all in one. Dear Dad, thanks for playing all of these roles effortlessly.
- Some dads tell their sons to be strong, and some dads tell their sons to be successful. Some dads tell their sons to be rich, and some dads tell their sons to be flamboyant. My dad brought me up telling me to be honest as a person and loving as a partner. Thanks, Dad, for teaching me the core values of life.
- My girlfriend asked me how I could be so rugged and so kind at the same time. I replied that it was because of growing up and watching you, a caring husband, expressing love for his wife and children on a daily basis. Thanks for teaching me by setting such a wonderful example.
- I don't care whether Father's Day falls on June 16, June 25, or June 30. You are important to me every single day of my life. Thank you, Dad.
- When I got a C, you frowned and pushed me to get a B. When I got a B, you encouraged me to get an A. When I got an A, you motivated me to get an A+. I never understood why you did that until I had my own daughter. Thanks, Dad, for motivating and inspiring me every single day.
- The only reason I have never felt the need to confess at church is that I have a lovely father at home in front of whom I can purge my conscience. Thanks, Daddy.
- Do you know what a simple action like putting your hand on my shoulder means to me? It means that you support me, love me, approve of me, respect me, care for me, and agree with me. Thanks for always putting your hand on my shoulder.
- Only a few children are lucky enough to travel around the world when they are young. Thanks for working hard so that I could experience new places and new cultures in my childhood. It has made a big difference in my life, Dad.
- I would be wrong to say that I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. The way you brought me up, I can safely say that I was born with a platinum spoon. Thanks for being such a wonderful dad.
- I hate it when you become so enthusiastic at school functions because you embarrass me in front of my friends. But deep down inside, I find your antics cute and adorable. Thanks for taking an interest in my life, Daddy.
- In the past, I have goofed up, screwed up, and messed up. But the only reason I have never given up in life is that I have the solid support of a father like you. Thanks, Dad.
- You are a cool dad not because you overlook my mistakes but because you let me make them and learn from them. Thanks, Dad.
- I never had to convince you to get me a dog, an iPhone, a new laptop, or a new car because you always gave me anything and everything I wanted. Thanks for being so generous, Dad.
- My girlfriend asks me where I got my good looks. I just showed her one of your pictures. I have a lot to thank you for, but let me start by thanking you for giving me your handsome genes. Thanks, Dad.
- 2013 saw Superman being played by Henry Cavill, but my Superman has always been played by one man—my father. Thank you, Dad.
- You taught me that price tags aren't always important, but value is. You taught me that academics are not always important, but education is. You taught me that age is not always important, but experience is. Thanks, Dad, for teaching me the most important things in the world.
- From putting gifts in my sock during Christmas, filling goodies inside the piñata during Easter, and placing a token on my bedside every time I lost a tooth—you have always fulfilled my wishes in one way or another. Thanks, Dad.
- If my life were a movie, you would be its producer, director, lead actor, and editor. Without you, my life would be impossible. Thanks for everything, Dad.
- For me, it had always been very hard to forgive the people who lied to me or wronged me in some way. But then I thought of the endless times you have forgiven me despite my naughty ways. Thanks for teaching me the art of forgiveness.
- I want to say "thank you" to the man who didn't take holidays for months at a time so that his family could take a vacation at the end of the year. Dad, your children owe their happy memories to you and only you. Thanks.
- You are a good daddy. No, you are great daddy. No, you are a super daddy. No, you are an awesome daddy. No, you are an uber-cool daddy. I have run out of adjectives, but thanks for being all of these to me.
- Instead of telling me what to do and how to do it, you did it yourself to show me how it is done. Thanks for always leading by example.
- The biggest freedom you gave me was not to go out for late-night parties or spend my allowance the way I wanted to. The biggest freedom you gave me was to take any decision I wanted as long as I was ready to face the repercussions. Thanks for giving me the best freedom of my life, Dad.
- I don't want you to be proud of me just for turning out to be the son you always wanted. I want you to be proud of yourself for having a son and bringing him up just like you wanted. Thank you for everything, Dad.
- We easily beat the famous father-son pairs of Will Smith and Jaden Smith, David Beckham and Romeo Beckham, and Kirk and Michael Douglas. We are actually the best father-son pair in the whole world. Thanks for being a fantastic dad.
- When I was scared of a spider in the house, you got rid of it for me. When I thought there was a monster in the bathroom, you drove it away for me. When I thought I was in trouble, you shooed my troubles away. Thanks for being my superhero.
Santa on June 10, 2018:
Nice feelings for father
harneesh on August 29, 2017:
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on June 18, 2013:
I never knew my Dad, but I'm sure I might have copied some of your lines if I did. Thanks!
Chitrangada Sharan from New Delhi, India on June 18, 2013:
Wonderful feelings expressed for 'Father.' I really got emotional while going through your hub.
Thanks for reminding everyone to express these feelings to our fathers.
Many thanks for sharing this beautiful hub!