I love helping people find the perfect words for any occasion—from relationship advice to inspirational messages.
Use these examples as inspiration for a thank-you message for your teacher, tutor, or professor. Write a few words of gratitude on a card, scribble out a poem, or leave a note on your teacher's desk. It could be a teacher in high school who inspired you or a professor in college who helped you chart out your career plan. It is never too late or too early to say "thank you" to your teacher.
- I was the clay and you were the mold—you made an impression on me for life. Thank you, teacher.
- You taught us all kinds of lessons in life—the ones from the textbook, the ones picked up on the streets, and the complicated ones learned in day-to-day life. Is there any way I could ever thank you for everything?
- As, Bs, Cs, and Ds—these grades would have been mere letters in the alphabet if you hadn't been around to teach us the meaning of life. Thank you, teacher.
- Teachers like you
Have the power to drive away the blues
Teachers like you
Have an effect like the perfect morning brew
Teachers like you
Would exist on this planet, I never knew
Teachers like you
Make the world seem like a place so true
Teachers like you
Are one in a million, very few
Teachers like you
Deserve a hug and a "thank you"
- Nations are not just built by great leaders but also by extraordinary teachers like you. Thanks for bringing out the best in us.
- You are like a beautiful oyster in the ocean. When you open your mind to us, all we get is pearls and treasures. Thank you, teacher.
- I thought only Superman, Spider-man, Batman, and Iron Man went around changing people's lives. But you are on that list too. Thanks for being an awesome teacher. Happy Teachers' Day!
- When I expected you to instruct
You taught me to observe
When I expected to be scolded
You taught me to stay calm
When I expected you to appreciate me
You pushed me to do even better
How can I ever thank you, teacher?
- I am glad you gave me Bs and Cs even when I may have deserved higher grades because that just pushed me to do better and better. Thanks, teacher.
- Role model, educator, selfless giver, trainer, life counselor—how many more roles can you assume for us, teacher? All I can say is that you are the best.
- I have been angry at you for giving me bad grades
Little did I know, you were only correcting the mistakes I made
Years later, I am forever thankful to you
For making the tough years of my life easy to pass through
- You opened three things for me: a window to the world, a door to opportunities, and a heart to be filled with dreams. Thanks for being an awesome teacher.
- I did not understand half of what you said while teaching us in school. But now in hindsight, I have learned and realized everything. I couldn't have done it without you. Thanks.
- As a former student, I know we can take you for granted
From you, the giver of knowledge and joy, we once fled
After all, it is hard to be mature when you are a teen
If only your wisdom in time had we seen
This message from out of the blue
Is just to say thank you
- The job of a teacher is to ignite a fire in the minds of their students and you did just that. The flame you lit in my mind is eternal. Thanks, professor. Happy Teachers' Day!
- The world would have gone insane handling crazy kids like me if it weren't for super cool and tolerant teachers like you. Thanks a ton!
- The ultimate guide or the perfect mentor? The career counselor or the after-school tutor? My second parent or my source of inspiration? What do I call you? Until I find an answer to that, this message is to thank you for adding value to my college education. Happy Teachers' Day!
- New beginnings, successful endings
Meaningful journeys, limitless soaring
This is not even an ounce
Of the opportunities upon which I pounced
Since the day you became my teacher
Thanks for being the awesome guide that you were
- In the dark and unpredictable tunnel of life, you have been like a torch to me all the way. Thanks for showing me the way.
- To Sir With Love, Dead Poets Society, Freedom Writers, The Miracle Worker, Mr. Holland's Opus—the only person I think of when I see the teachers in these films is you. You are the one to thank for the wonderful student-teacher relationship that we share.
- Pure, glittering, white diamonds are nothing compared to your pearls of wisdom teacher. Thanks for helping us shine.
- Umm... well, I just can't seem to find the perfect word to describe how wonderful a teacher you have been to me and all of us. Cheers to a teacher like no other.
- You taught me to read
You taught me to appreciate all things sweet
You taught me to talk
You taught me not to mock
You taught me to behave
Thanks for everything that you gave
- Out of the many students you must have taught, I can personally attest to the fact that you have made a difference in one student's life. That is me. Thanks for looking out for me when I needed it the most.
- The fun I had in your class is a childhood memory that will stay with me forever. Thanks for being an amazing teacher.
- You were a filter who helped me get rid of bad habits and childhood issues. Thanks for always being around.
- You keep giving
Only to get scowls in return
You keep loving
Only to get frowns in return
You keep bestowing
Only to get whines in return
You keep nurturing
Only to get grumpiness in return
From you, I ask for forgiveness
Today, let me tell you
Thanks for being there, teacher
Teachers like you are few
- The greatest of teachers in this world often come across as strict, angry, and rigid. But the same teachers become heroes when students grow up and realize the value of their teachings. And I am one such student. Thanks, professor.
- Friends, philosophers, guides, and well-wishers are nothing compared to the moving force of a teacher. Thanks for everything.
Read More From Holidappy
- I hope you enjoyed having me as your student as much as I have cherished having you as my teacher. Thanks, teacher.
- Commemorating Teachers' Day
Is nothing but a way
To honestly and solemnly say
That you gave us life's biggest lessons and a ray
Of hope, whether April, June, or May
My thoughts are at play
For me, every day is Teachers' Day
- "Teaching" is too small a word to describe what you have done for us. You haven't only taught us, you have inspired us and changed our lives. Thank you, teacher.
- I could have liked your page on Facebook. I could have tweeted you a message of gratitude on Twitter. But I chose to send you this handwritten letter with a thank-you note because that is the least you deserve for being the best teacher in the whole world.
- And the award for the best teacher in the whole wide world goes to—you. For your prize, you get the respect, admiration, and love of hundreds of students like me who will thank you for the rest of their lives (and some chocolate too).
- The only reason why I would want to be a teacher when I grow up is you. You are the coolest.
- Teachers are the best people in the world
Because they selflessly give
Teachers are the most creative people in the world
Because they teach us new ways to live
Teachers are the most beautiful people in the world
Because they show us what good character is like
Teachers are the most patient people in the world
Since they help us deal with crisis and strife
Teachers are the most caring people in the world
People like teachers are few
Because you are the best teacher in the world
I want to say "thank you"
- From winning the debates to getting good grades and from getting into a good college to landing a top first job, I have no one to thank but you. This message is a humble appreciation for the lifelong impact you had on me. Thanks!
- I push myself harder every day just so that I can do justice to the truckloads of patience and hard work you put into making us better equipped to face our futures. Happy Teachers' Day!
- You are the best teacher in the world because you are
C: Calm and composed
Kacey on July 20, 2020:
Your the sign of my dreams that help me through through everything
Et on June 30, 2020:
Thank you teacher
Ingenira on May 12, 2013:
Meaningful quotes for teachers. Thanks !
sanskrit on March 29, 2013:
this is a wonderful page i have ever saw