'Thank You' Quotes for a Friend: 40 Messages of Gratitude
Trying to express how much your friend means to you? Here is a collection of messages and quotes that symbolize the bond of true friendship. Some of these messages are ways to say 'thank you' to your friend while others are Friendship Day wishes.
Be inspired and write a card, handwritten letter, email, Facebook message, or tweet to your BFF. Celebrate your friendship!
In this article, you will find:
- Short thank you messages perfect for texts
- Thank you messages and Friendship Day wishes
- Friendship quotes
Short Thank You Messages Perfect for Texts
- Thanks for truckloads of good times.
- You've always believed in me. Thank you.
- I like being your friend, despite your weird habits.
- Friends like you are people I can always depend on.
- I don't know who I would be without friends like you. Thank you for letting me be myself.
- Sometimes I just wonder what I would have done without you.
- You always know how to make me laugh. Thank you for being my friend.
- Whenever anything happens, the first thing I think of is telling you. That's the sign of an awesome friend.
- Thanks for being the shoulder I can always depend on.
- Some people can't go a day without coffee. I can't spend a day without my best friend!
Thank You Messages and Friendship Day Wishes
1) Sometimes I feel that you are my guardian angel. If you are, you are doing one hell of a job. Thanks, mate!
2) Being friends with you makes me want to celebrate every day as Friendship Day. Thanks for adding truckloads of joy and happiness in my life, everyday. Happy Friendship Day.
3) We have done everything together since childhood. Today I just want to thank you for being such a wonderful friend. I look forward to sharing many more of life's lovely moments with you.
4) Today I sit here remembering the fun times that we've had. As the years have gone by, I realize today that you have been the only person in my life who bonded with me without any expectation. How can I ever thank you?
5) Being far away from you has left an empty hole in my heart. I'm writing this card just to tell you how much I miss you, my friend.
6) I don't want thousands of friends on Facebook, nor do I want thousands of followers on Twitter. I just want a real friend like you. Thanks for being present in my life, all the time, all the way.
7) If I could give our friendship a name, it would be Memories Unlimited. Thanks for giving me beautiful memories that I am going to cherish for a lifetime. Happy Friendship Day!
8) Sometimes I just wonder what I would have done without you. You have been the pillar I've been leaning on all these years. Thanks for being the support system of my life.
9) A friend like you is more than just a friend. You are like a magic pill which bids farewell to my sorrows and welcomes happiness in my life every day. Thanks for fixing my crazy life.
10) I don't need coffee, tea, soda, smokes, slurpees, or energy drinks. You are my daily fix, and a conversation with you is all I need to start my day. Thanks for kickstarting my life every single day!
11) You believed in me when even when I stopped believing in myself. I started believing in myself only because you believed in me. Thanks for everything, my friend. Happy Friendship Day!
12) Having spent all these years doing crazy things with you, I think I may have overlooked thanking you for being a terrific friend. Thanks, pal!
13) Sometimes my boyfriend/girlfriend complains that I spend too much time with you, but I just can't help it. After all, we are BFFs! Thanks for sticking by me all these years, buddy.
14) My house, my car, my clothes, my money and everything else that I have in life are meaningless without the company of a friend like you. Thanks for being the real asset of my life.
15) I pity the people who don't celebrate Friendship Day. Their lives must be void of gems like you. Cheers, buddy!
16) The power of friendship is a lot more than fun times. It is a pity I don't always acknowledge it at the time. Today, I take this chance to say thank you to the best friend ever.
17) I can't spend a day without talking to you, and I can't imagine my life without you in it. I am addicted to you, my dear friend. Thanks for feeding my addiction and pacifying my craving every time I needed the support of a true friend like you.
18) I want to become a successful person so I can share the joys, happiness, and riches of life with family and friends like you. You are my motivation; you are my inspiration. Thanks!
19) A life without friends is like a flower without petals. Thanks for making my life colorful, dear friend!
20) I wanted to buy you a gift on Friendship Day but I couldn't find anything that was worth the friendship between the both of us. From the bottom of my heart, I want to say 'thank you' for being the friend that I never deserved. Don't worry, I got you a gift, too!
21) I like being your friend despite all your weird habits and crazy idiosyncrasies. I'm sure you put up with some of mine, too! Thanks for being the best friend ever.
22) Memories of the times I've shared with you are the happiest, yet most painful of all. If only we were still friends, life would be much better. I miss you, my dear friend.
23) Lovers share their hearts; friends share their soul. From happy moments to tears of sadness to dark secrets, I have shared everything with you. I'm blessed to have a friend like you.
24) You have taken all my mood swings and my midnight calls with a smile on your face. Thanks for being the sounding board I can always depend on.
25) Great friendships require sacrifice and commitment. Only I know how much you have sacrificed for me. How can I ever repay you? On Friendship Day today, let me start by giving you a hug and saying 'thank you' for all the sacrifices you have made in your life. Don't worry, I'm going to shower you with a lot of gifts, too!
Quotes about friendship can sometimes communicate the importance of a relationship that is hard to describe in words. If you have experienced true friendship and the companionship of a real friend, you will relate to these quotes from the bottom of your heart.
1) Friendship is like a tree that takes many years of nurturing and care. But when it blooms, it gives you shelter, comfort, and fruit like no other.
2) Don't expect anything from your friends. Friendship itself is the greatest gift you will ever receive in life.
3) Friendship is one of the very few things in the world that is truly priceless. You can buy friends, but you can't buy friendship.
4) Friendship is the biggest asset in the balance sheet of your life.
5) Friendship is the best medicine—it can bring you up, no matter how down you feel, and you don't need a prescription.
6) Friendship is the only pillar of life that you can lean on in both the good times and the bad.
7) Friendship is the boat that will help you sail through the roughest of seas.
8) True friendship is one of the very few things in life you can never have too much of.
9) Friendship is an umbrella that allows you to weather life's storms. All you need to do is hold on to it.
10) Many often don't realize the true meaning of friendship until it is over. Make sure to take the time to treasure it.
11) Friendship is one of life's greatest assets and greatest debts.
12) Friendship is the armor that protects you during bad times and the suit that helps you shine during your good times.
13) The friendship of one good friend is more powerful than the acquaintance of thousand others.
14) Friendship knows no boundaries of sex, religion, age, background, education, money, nor any other roadblock society may put forth.
15) Friendship is like chocolate. No matter what your age, we all love having chocolate, and we all love the company of good friends.
Note: It does not need to be Friendship Day to thank you friends for being there for you. Friendship is a bond that should be cherished and celebrated every day. So stop waiting for that one day in the year, and give your dear friends a hug as you show them how thankful you are to have people like them in your life. Just like saying 'I love you' to your partner, saying 'thank you' to your friend is one of the very few things in life that will never go out of vogue.
More by this Author
First-year anniversary messages are meant to be romantic, funny, sexy, cool, and loving. If you don't know what to write for your first anniversary, take a look at these ideas.
Wish your parents a happy wedding anniversary with these messages, poems, and rhymes.
Want to say thank you to your dad but just can't find the right words? This post gives ideas for messages, short poems, wishes, sayings or quotes that you can write on a Thank You card for your father. As a son or...