I love helping people find the perfect words for any occasion—from relationship advice to inspirational messages.
Message for a Friend
Trying to express how much your friend means to you? Here is a collection of messages and quotes that symbolize the bond of true friendship. Some of these messages are ways to say 'thank you' to your friend for any reason—whether you're just grateful for their friendship or you want to thank them for coming to your birthday party—while others are Friendship Day wishes.
Be inspired and write a card, handwritten letter, email, Facebook message, or tweet to your BFF. Celebrate your friendship!
In This Article, You Will Find:
- Short thank you messages that are perfect for texts
- Thank you messages and Friendship Day wishes
- Friendship quotes
- Messages for your friend on your birthday
- Inspiring pictures you can send to your friends
Short Thank You Messages Perfect for Texts
- Thanks for truckloads of good times.
- You've always believed in me. Thank you.
- I like being your friend, despite your weird habits.
- Friends like you are people I can always depend on.
- I don't know who I would be without friends like you. Thank you for letting me be myself.
- Sometimes I just wonder what I would have done without you.
- You always know how to make me laugh. Thank you for being my friend.
- Whenever anything happens, the first thing I think of is telling you. That's the sign of an awesome friend.
- Thanks for being the shoulder I can always depend on.
- Some people can't go a day without coffee. I can't spend a day without my best friend!
- I look forward to every second I spend with you—you make this city so much more fun.
- I'm so thankful for our friendship—you are awesome!
- You're my best friend and don't you forget it!
- How did I get so lucky to have a friend like you?
- Your friendship means the world to me. Just wanted to let you know.
- We go together like peanut butter and jelly!
- You are the best. I'm so very glad I'm friends with you.
Thank You Messages and Friendship Day Wishes
- Sometimes I feel that you are my guardian angel. If you are, you are doing one hell of a job. Thanks, mate!
- You've stuck by me through so many ups and downs, and I want you to know that I'll always be there for you. Happy Friendship Day!
- Being friends with you makes me want to celebrate every day as Friendship Day. Thanks for adding truckloads of joy and happiness to my life every day. Happy Friendship Day.
- As far as I'm concerned, every day is Friendship Day because every day, I get to be friends with you.
- We have done everything together since childhood. Today I just want to thank you for being such a wonderful friend. I look forward to sharing many more of life's lovely moments with you.
- Even though we've both changed a lot over the years, I still feel that I am as close to you as ever. Happy Friendship Day.
- Today I sit here remembering the fun times that we've had. As the years have gone by, I realize today that you have been the only person in my life who bonded with me without any expectation. How can I ever thank you?
- The best thing about friendship is that there are no debts to repay. Otherwise, I'm sure I'd be in the hole with you. Happy Friendship Day, buddy!
- I just wanted to let you know that I think you're a remarkable human being. Happy Friendship Day!
- You are so unique, and you see the world in a special way. I'm glad to have you as a friend.
- No one else gets me quite like you do. You're awesome.
- I've always felt so loved and appreciated by you—thanks for sticking by me even when it was hard.
- I don't want thousands of friends on Facebook, nor do I want thousands of followers on Twitter. I just want a real friend like you. Thanks for being present in my life, all the time, all the way.
- Friends like you are what make life worthwhile. I can't wait to see what the years ahead of us bring.
- Not a day goes by that I don't think about how much your friendship means to me.
- If I could give our friendship a name, it would be Memories Unlimited. Thanks for giving me beautiful memories that I am going to cherish for a lifetime. Happy Friendship Day!
- I feel like you need to be there whenever I'm telling a story because you've always been there for the biggest moments of my life and can talk about them better than me!
- You are hilarious, kind, and generous. I'm so happy to have you as a friend.
- Sometimes I just wonder what I would have done without you. You have been the pillar I've been leaning on all these years. Thanks for being the support system of my life.
- I truly feel that you know me better than I know myself. I'm ever grateful for your friendship.
- From the moment we met, I knew that we were going to be fast friends. I'm so glad I was right.
- A friend like you is more than just a friend. You are like a magic pill which bids farewell to my sorrows and welcomes happiness in my life every day. Thanks for fixing my crazy life.
- You have such a special personality that lights up the entire room. I'm lucky to call you my friend.
- There is no one quite like you in this entire world, and I get to have you as a friend. How cool is that!
- I don't need coffee, tea, soda, smokes, slurpees, or energy drinks. You are my daily fix, and a conversation with you is all I need to start my day. Thanks for kickstarting my life every single day!
- Friends are the spice of life, and you, my friend, are extra spicy!
- We're the perfect pair — you eat my chips, and I eat your pickle.
- You believed in me when even when I stopped believing in myself. I started believing in myself only because you believed in me. Thanks for everything, my friend. Happy Friendship Day!
- You've helped me see the potential in myself. I don't think I could have done all I've done without you.
- Having spent all these years doing crazy things with you, I think I may have overlooked thanking you for being a terrific friend. Thanks, pal!
- I don't say this nearly enough, but I am so glad that we're friends. I love you so much and am so thankful that we know each other.
- It's a shame I don't tell you this every day, but YOU ARE AN AWESOME FRIEND, AND I LOVE YOU!
- Sometimes my boyfriend/girlfriend complains that I spend too much time with you, but I just can't help it. After all, we are BFFs! Thanks for sticking by me all these years, buddy.
- Through thick and thin, you've always been there for me, and I can't thank you enough.
- No matter what's happened, you've stuck by my side. You are an inspiration, and I love you so much.
- My house, car, clothes, money, and everything else I have in life are meaningless without the company of a friend like you. Thanks for being the real asset of my life.
- A friendship with someone like you is what brings true meaning to this life.
- I pity the people who don't celebrate Friendship Day. Their lives must be void of gems like you. Cheers, buddy!
- Happy Friendship Day to the best friend anyone could ever ask for!
- You, my friend, are a special soul. I am so glad I get to know you. Happy Friendship Day!
- The power of friendship is a lot more than fun times. It is a pity I don't always acknowledge it at the time. Today, I take this chance to say thank you to the best friend ever.
- Friendship is such a special thing, and I'm so glad I get to share it with you.
- I can't spend a day without talking to you, and I can't imagine my life without you in it. I am addicted to you, my dear friend. Thanks for feeding my addiction and pacifying my craving every time I needed the support of a true friend like you.
- I count myself as the luckiest person in the world to have you as a friend.
- I want to become a successful person so I can share the joys, happiness, and riches of life with family and friends like you. You are my motivation; you are my inspiration. Thanks!
- You have helped me in more ways than you know—I am forever in your debt (and happy to be there!) May it never be paid off :)
- A life without friends is like a flower without petals. Thanks for making my life colorful, dear friend!
- You help me push my boundaries, motivate me when I'm feeling down, and listen when I'm sad. You are a delightful, sweet person, and I hope to be friends with you always.
- I wanted to buy you a gift on Friendship Day, but I couldn't find anything that was worth the friendship between the both of us. From the bottom of my heart, I want to say 'thank you' for being the friend that I never deserved. Don't worry, I got you a gift, too!
- There aren't enough words for me to express just how much you mean to me, so I'll just say this: Happy Friendship Day.
Read More From Holidappy
- I like being your friend despite all your weird habits and crazy idiosyncrasies. I'm sure you put up with some of mine, too! Thanks for being the best friend ever.
- I like you because you're weird and we're weird together! Thanks for being an awesome friend.
- Lovers share their hearts; friends share their souls. From happy moments to tears of sadness to dark secrets, I have shared everything with you. I'm blessed to have a friend like you.
- Life is better when you share it with someone awesome—like you!
- You have taken all my mood swings and my midnight calls with a smile on your face. Thanks for being the sounding board I can always depend on.
- I still can't believe how much you put up with from me—I'm so glad we're still friends.
- Great friendships require sacrifice and commitment. Only I know how much you have sacrificed for me. How can I ever repay you? On Friendship Day today, let me start by giving you a hug and saying 'thank you' for all the sacrifices you have made in your life. Don't worry; I'm going to shower you with a lot of gifts, too!
- You have embodied the true meaning of friendship. I am so grateful to know you and to have you in my life.
Messages for Friends on Your Birthday
- Your creativity always shines—so glad that we're friends and that I got to see you on my birthday.
- You always make me smile! So glad I got to see you on my birthday. Thank you so much for coming.
- Your friendship is an every day gift, so every day feels like my birthday.
- The best part about birthdays is that I get to see the people that make my life worth celebrating!
- Thank you so much for coming to my birthday party—your friendship means so much to me.
- You made my birthday party a blast. Thank you so much for your gift and for coming.
- The only reason my birthday is happy is because I got to see you! Thanks for being an awesome friend.
Messages for a Friend That Is Far Away
- Being far away from you has left an empty hole in my heart. I'm writing this card just to tell you how much I miss you, my friend.
- Memories of the times I've shared with you are the happiest, yet most painful of all. If only we were still friends, life would be much better. I miss you, my dear friend.
- I'm so happy that we're great friends and so sad we can't be together. I miss you and can't wait to see you again.
- Thinking about you always makes me smile — I hope that you're doing well and look forward to seeing you again.
- I miss you, dear friend! Just wanted to let you know that I think about you often.
- Look up into the sky and know that that's the same moon I'm looking at, so you never have to feel alone.
- I'm so grateful for your friendship, and even though you're far away, I know that you are in my heart.
Quotes about friendship can sometimes communicate the importance of a relationship that is hard to describe in words. If you have experienced true friendship and the companionship of a real friend, you will relate to these quotes from the bottom of your heart.
- Friendship is like a tree that takes many years of nurturing and care. But when it blooms, it gives you shelter, comfort, and fruit like no other.
- Don't expect anything from your friends. Friendship itself is the greatest gift you will ever receive in life.
- Friendship is one of the very few things in the world that is truly priceless. You can buy friends, but you can't buy friendship.
- Friendship is the biggest asset in the balance sheet of your life.
- Friendship is the best medicine—it can bring you up no matter how down you feel, and you don't need a prescription.
- Friendship is the only pillar of life that you can lean on in both the good times and the bad.
- Friendship is the boat that will help you sail through the roughest of seas.
- True friendship is one of the very few things in life you can never have too much of.
- Friendship is an umbrella that allows you to weather life's storms. All you need to do is hold on to it.
- Many often don't realize the true meaning of friendship until it is over. Make sure to take the time to treasure it.
- Friendship is one of life's greatest assets and greatest debts.
- Friendship is the armor that protects you during bad times and the suit that helps you shine during your good times.
- The friendship of one good friend is more powerful than the acquaintance of thousand others.
- Friendship knows no boundaries of sex, religion, age, background, education, money, or any other roadblock society may put forth.
- Friendship is like chocolate. No matter what your age, we all love having chocolate, and we all love the company of good friends.
- "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together. Keep me in your heart. I'll be there forever."—Winnie the Pooh
- "That's when I realized what a true friend was. Someone who would always love you—the imperfect you, the confused you, the wrong you—because that's what people are supposed to do."—r.j.l.
- 1 universe, 9 planets, 204 countries, 809 islands, 7 seas, and I had the privilege of meeting you.
- "There is nothing on this earth more prized than true friendship."—Thomas Aquinas
- "Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity."—Khalil Gibran
- "The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it."—Hubert H. Humphrey
- "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."—Walter Winchell
- "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."—Helen Keller
- "Friends are the siblings God never gave us."—Mencius
You Can Celebrate Any Day
It does not need to be Friendship Day to thank your friends for being there for you. Friendship is a bond that should be cherished and celebrated every day.
So stop waiting for that one day in the year, and give your dear friends a hug as you show them how thankful you are to have people like them in your life.
Just like saying 'I love you' to your partner, saying 'thank you' to your friend is one of the very few things in life that will never go out of vogue.
Faith on September 09, 2020:
adam on August 10, 2020:
Merlyn J.Aragoncilllo on July 17, 2020:
WritingPrincess on June 29, 2020:
Nice quotes and letters
nay on June 05, 2020:
ishevakanaka mutema on May 20, 2020:
M proud of this and its actually opening my eyes
K'sha McDonald on May 18, 2020:
Thanks you guys so much god bless you
Ibi Akiimbo on February 21, 2020:
Bea noqu on January 27, 2020:
I like to belong this group
Since message on January 06, 2020:
Naluzze christine on August 27, 2019:
Am crushing on them
shirley doherty on July 14, 2019:
Your help is unbelievable.
Gilgal Aaahnikah-Boateng on June 19, 2019:
Sanchez Simon Omondi jnr on October 21, 2018:
sultan on September 09, 2018:
this the best site ever
Anny on March 15, 2018:
Hi. Can I ask some help for my speech?
shadrack lord on February 24, 2018:
friend on January 24, 2018:
Luv you bestie❤❤
Espie on November 09, 2017:
hope you like it my friend
Wahidullah on November 08, 2017:
Thanks So Much
That Was Wonderful Idea I am going to sharing with my best Friends.
patel zuber on November 06, 2017:
Thanks for acceptng friend request
Kado on October 26, 2017:
loving all the qoutes
yo on October 23, 2017:
hi you are great at these
Vella Sushant on July 23, 2017:
Thank you.l loved all the quotes...
Hilda on June 13, 2017:
I love this
kamal eddine mahmoudi on May 22, 2017:
Whenever anything happens, the first thing I think of is telling you. That's the sign of an awesome friend.
thomas on February 04, 2017:
waow!!! these are nice quotes that strengthen friendship
Adjoa Owusuwaah Papabi on December 19, 2016:
Awww such a sweet words to friends I love everything here thank you for sharing your amazing words soo fantastic
rubies71457 on August 04, 2016:
too many desperate people cling onto friends in desperation - but - when their personal desperation ends so does their friendship with that person - peopled suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Diplomasi on March 06, 2013:
that's amazing i lke it
TANJIM ARAFAT SAJIB from Bangladesh on July 09, 2012:
Yes "carter06", I'm agree with you and thanks to Princesswithapen . This is great.
Christy Birmingham from British Columbia, Canada on July 09, 2012:
These are wonderful ideas! I am sharing on Google+ and here too
Mary from Cronulla NSW on July 04, 2012:
Awww such a lovely idea! but how did you ever come up with so many?? Loved & can use so many of them, thank you for sharing them...Up awesome & beautiful...cheers